It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

12-year-old boy jailed for 30 years

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 08:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by gabby2011trying to turn this on to me is a cheap shot....

may your karma come back to you as well...

(by the way..how many other id's do you post under on here
)
edit on 19-8-2011 by gabby2011 because: (no reason given)

Calm down gabby. I am not turning anything around on you, you did that enough for yourself. I exposed you as being a hypocrite when you retorted to that other poster that karma should come back to him as well. So, basically what you were saying is that because that poster believed that the kid got what he deserved, that the same poster should get life in prison as well? You liberals are never consistent now are you? Wow. what a belief system. I call it how I see it, and you just contradicted your own beliefs. I didn't have to do anything. Also, If it was someone that you cared about, I don't believe for a second that you wouldn't agree with his sentence.

On another note, You seem to be paranoid. However, I only want to discuss the subject of the thread. Just a little information for yuh though. I own my own website. Rest assure, The people who run this forum are very intelligent, and there are these things called ip numbers that prevent people from registering again. Yeah there are ways to get around it, but it's not that easy. I registered here for the first time recently, and have never been a member prior to then. I did lurk for awhile though.

Yuh know, I think that some of you who have had problems with others here have it inside your head that they come back to get you. No, actually they are just another person who recognized that you were in error with your beliefs in regards to whatever the current subject was at that time. Hey, this just in, you're not that important. With that being said, I believe it was you who addressed me first. I could be wrong about that though. At the end of the day, It's nothing personal gabby. It's just my opinion on this issue. ~SheopleNation

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 08:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by SelfSustainedLoner
They will try him as an adult.

When he is convicted he will be put into the Juvenile system.

When he turns 17 or 18 they will then transfer him to the big jail house. You guy's make it out like he'll be sent straight to the big boys prison where he will be raped and killed if he doesn't stick up for himself, hence why he would be put into a Juvenile jail until he is 17. The kid pulled the trigger, the kid planned it all out. He is guilty, end of story.

That in itself should be a hint as to the first problem

If he is tried as an adult, he should be sent straight to adult prison, period...if they can make a distinction in facilities, then they can make the difference in court...either he is an adult, or isn't...they can't have it both ways.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 08:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by SaturnFX

Originally posted by Athin
Newsflash : Dont do things that land you in prison in the first place!
It's no ones fault but their own. They broke the law... they went to jail. Simple as that.

Kids dude...kids.
I am not a child lover..I have none, I want none (well, indifferent really)...but even I have enough coherent thinking to know that at 12 years old, although I knew the difference between right and wrong to an extent, it was simply an intellectual understanding, no core understanding. its why juvy was created, because they are not mentally the same as an adult.

Think back to when you were 12. Now, imagine you did something stupid back then...are you the same exact person now as you were then, enough to still be punished for it right now? If you are, then you stopped mentally developing at 12 incidently..

No, this judge is retarded...and I wonder what the true reason is behind this overall. Imagine this 12 year old boy sitting in the same room for years on end with some hardened (in various ways) criminal...if that in itself doesn't suddenly bug you, then you may have other issues going on here.

Something stupid is one thing but Murder is quite another.
Regards, Iwinder

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 08:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by 2manyquestions
I'd like to agree with you, but I don't know anything about the case. His defense team isn't going to paint a target on him, they'll try to make the judge and jury sound ridiculous. What exactly was his role in all of this?

A 12 year old is far too young to be able to make good decisions, but on the other hand is old enough to know that murder is wrong. I already knew that at the age of 6, if not earlier. 12 seems extremely young, it is, but people forget that 12 year old kids have fairly high intelligence by that age.

30 years in prison isn't going to rehabilitate him. If anything, he'll graduate from criminal school with honors by the time he gets out. He'll likely be more dangerous later in life. Depending on what actually happened, I'd probably send him to psychiatric evaluation and keep him there for a few years just to make sure he's O.K. in the head.

I totally agree with you, because we don't know the full case on this and what he did. When they say he didn't pull the trigger is that what the prosecutor said also or is that what his lawyer and family said in his defense. He won't do the whole 30 years, he will do 15 and then get parole.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 08:58 PM
link   
Stone Cold killer
Hide the Babies

www.paulhenrygingerichtrustfund.org..." target='_blank' class='tabOff'/>

I have an eleven year old son myself, he'll be 12 in two months and I can see how easy it would be for an older child to intimidate him into something. I just had a long talk with him about this. He's still such a baby though, I can't imagine what the family of this child is going through. Not to say the victims family isn't suffering, I know they are

It's such a shame, such a shame.
edit on 19-8-2011 by Strictsum because: edit

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 09:01 PM
link   
going by these details, their punishment certainly does fit the crime, he even admits it was wrong, just another senseless murder by senseless people in the making. there is no right or wrong being adhered to by these kinds of people, they deserve what they get.

Details of the Crime:
Police said Danner was shot multiple times: once in the eye, once in the wrist and twice in the chest. Police testimony said Lundy, Paul Gingerich, 12, and another 12-year-old had planned for weeks to kill Danner and go to Arizona to sell T-shirts to "drug people."

Lundy and Gingerich each fired two shots at Danner. Kosciusko County Detective Jonathan Tyler has testified Lundy talked about his plan to kill Danner with several boys on a playground in their neighborhood on April 20. Lundy then went back to his home and got Danner's revolver and semi-automatic handgun.

After Lundy gave a signal, Gingerich, and another 12-year-old boy came into the Lundy house. Tyler said Gingerich went into the home through Lundy's bedroom window and Lundy gave Gingerich the handgun. Tyler continued saying Lundy and Gingerich then went into the living room and sat on the couch and a chair waiting for Danner to come to the doorway between the kitchen and living room. When Danner did, Tyler said both boys fired two shots.

After they fired the guns, Tyler said Lundy and Gingerich went to the front door where the other boy was outside to show him what had happened. Lundy then packed clothes, food, ammunition and fire arms and later that night the three boys left in Danner's car to go to Arizona.
The police investigation stated that there is no evidence of abuse between Danner and Lundy.

www.wane.com...

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 09:03 PM
link   
reply to post by SheopleNation

Calm down gabby. I am not turning anything around on you, you did that enough for yourself. I exposed you as being a hypocrite when you retorted to that other poster that karma should come back to him as well. So, basically what you were saying is that because that poster believed that the kid got what he deserved, that the same poster should get life in prison as well?

Now you're trying to make up stuff about what I meant by Karma back at you?..

I meant that if one of his nephews or someone he knows that is that young..would be involved in something such as this..would he still want to see them spend 30 years in prison..and hope he got raped?

As far as I can see..I didn't turn anything onto myself...just merely stated how I felt about such callous narrow minded viewpoints.

Now please quit telling me what I meant when I post .

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 09:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by benrl
reply to post by SheopleNation

Your talking vengeance not justice.

Liberal hogwash. Vengeance IS justice. As a matter of fact, Vengeance is Natural Law at it's finest. The innocent and weak will have justice. Isn't that what apologists who think like you want? I am confused about you people. Make up your minds. An eye for an eye, and no I am not talking about the Bible. ~SheopleNation

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 09:05 PM
link   
reply to post by hoghead cheese

I doubt it, he probably has to do day for day. My brothers sentence is 30 years for a hand of one hand of all crime with similar circumstances (he wasn't the shooter just with the shooter) and he has to do every day of 30 years no possibility of parole because it's a violent crime.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 09:06 PM
link   
reply to post by redgy

Thank you for posting that info... and it does sound like a senseless crime...but I think 30 years is too much for a 12 year old..and people who hope he gets raped in jail ..are just criminals of a different sort in my opinion.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 09:08 PM
link   
reply to post by gabby2011

I am not telling you anything gabby. You're telling it all yourself, and telling it all for us all to see. I only want to discuss why, or why not, that this kid should not pay for his crimes. Forget about the emotionalist spin, and stick to the topic. ~SheopleNation

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 09:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by JennaDarling

I never liked the American / British system if punishment, especially the American, it is more based on revenge and bitterness and locking up in retiliation / or murdering them back with the death penalty.

Wheras in European countries, especially Nordic Countries it is based more on Rehabilitation, and getting those people not only to pay for their crime, but more focus on getting back to being a useful member of society and undetrstanding what they did was wrong, more of a long term solution than a simply lock em up. What does that solve? America and Britain has some of the HIGHEST and UNSAFEST places to live in the world, Europe, especially the Nordic countries, lowest crime and safest places to live in the world.

I'm not opposed to your point of view, as much of it is spot on in my opinion. The U.S. American criminal justice system has many core elements, one of which they openly label as "retribution."

I have to pick apart that last little bit of logic, however.

America and Britain has some of the HIGHEST and UNSAFEST places to live in the world, Europe, especially the Nordic countries, lowest crime and safest places to live in the world.

In your course of reasoning did you ever ponder if the REASON the United States' penalties and CJ system are so harsh is BECAUSE of the populace and our experience in policing. That is not entirely accurate or nearly detailed enough to be the simple truth, but it is much more on the money than the logic that assumes:

The U.S. population is so relatively unsafe BECAUSE of the judicial and correctional system.

Rest assured that policing in the United States of America and the criminals that exist here are FAR different than much of the world, ESPECIALLY the Nordic nations. Not that I have any problem at all with those nations and/or their populace.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 09:17 PM
link   
reply to post by redgy

Going by this I can see where the judge is coming from. This makes it sound like the kid needs some hard time. Although this is like the third or fourth series of events I've read in this thread alone. Some time doesn't mean 30 years though. This is so upsetting to me, it hits way to close to home.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 09:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by SheopleNation
reply to post by gabby2011

I am not telling you anything gabby. You're telling it all yourself, and telling it all for us all to see. I only want to discuss why, or why not, that this kid should not pay for his crimes. Forget about the emotionalist spin, and stick to the topic. ~SheopleNation

OMG ! More spinning of the words..You tried to tell me what I meant by Karma back at you..are you denying that?..Now you're trying to twist again..heres your words exactly..

. So, basically what you were saying is that because that poster believed that the kid got what he deserved, that the same poster should get life in prison as well?

Think you're telling a lot about yourself as well...another who tries to manipulate words and twist things to mean what they don't.

k..done with the emotionalism..back to topic

edit on 19-8-2011 by gabby2011 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 09:51 PM
link   

I never liked the American / British system if punishment, especially the American, it is more based on revenge and bitterness and locking up in retiliation / or murdering them back with the death penalty.

Wheras in European countries, especially Nordic Countries it is based more on Rehabilitation, and getting those people not only to pay for their crime, but more focus on getting back to being a useful member of society and undetrstanding what they did was wrong, more of a long term solution than a simply lock em up. What does that solve? America and Britain has some of the HIGHEST and UNSAFEST places to live in the world, Europe, especially the Nordic countries, lowest crime and safest places to live in the world.

Yes, its called being progressed thinking, human/humane and civlilzed. No first nation country treats a minor like this even if he pulled the trigger. Its a violation of human rights, and its also insanity on the part of the adults and judges, complete immature lack of child development data, and ignorance. I can't believe this could be legal in any state anywhere.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 10:03 PM
link   
Who the hell puts a 12 year old boy in prison for 30 years? Can someone tell me how that is anything remotely "rehabilitative"? The only other countries besides the US that give out sentences like this are 3rd world #holes---oh well, looks like that's what we're on course for anyway.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 10:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Brokenbackrest
He shot the man and tried to cover it up, now he will pay for his crimes. Good riddance. His family should lose all social security payments as well should they be getting any.
edit on 19-8-2011 by Brokenbackrest because: (no reason given)

Law & Order hypocrites like you always say "good riddance" until the penal system falls upon them.

Go away, cop. No place for ya in a free world.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 10:19 PM
link   

How often do you see shootiings in America?

edit on 19-8-2011 by JennaDarling because: (no reason given)

Only in American where an officer can cuff an unarmed suspect and shoot him in the back.

RIP Oscar Grant

Or a team of officers (SWAT) can shoot a man 60 times just for fun.

www.wcvarones.com...

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 10:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by kn0wh0w

Wheras in European countries, especially Nordic Countries it is based more on Rehabilitation

Which is why we get things like the Norway shootings. Crime is crime, and a punishment must be harsh no matter how old the person is.

seriously?

ignorant much?

since the USA's system is working so perfectly, care to explain:
- columbine killings
- unabomber killings
- tucson shooting

etc?

I don't know, since I don't live under the US legal system. I do know, that in Singapore where the cane is given for young offenders, Juvenile Crime rates are some of the lowest on earth. So, harsh penalties work. Deal with it.

Sorry but getting caned isn't the same as a life-destroying 30 year prison sentence. The very idea of comparing the two is absolutely bleeping ridiculous.

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join