It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What if we stopped asking what if??

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 04:34 AM
link   
Now let's stop and think about this for a minute. What if we stopped saying what if? Would the human race be where they are right now?

Would we have made it out of the Stone Age if some caveman didn't say/think "What if I make this rock round?"

What if our American forefather's didn't say "I'm tired of being taxed without being represented! What if we declared our own independence?"

What if engineers didn't say "What if we dig a canal across Panama?"

What if architects didn't say "What if we build a building that is 100 stories tall?"

What if George Lucas didn't say "What if we start using computers and CGI to fully realize my vision for Star Wars?"

What if we all stopped using our imaginations?

What if we all stopped asking "What if???"

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 04:37 AM
link   
If we stopped saying "What if" we would never get anywhere.
We would still be leotard wearing Neanderthals

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 04:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Heartisblack

I'm of the mindset that it is important to ask "What If?" as well. If not to figure things out, at least for entertainment purposes.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 05:07 AM
link   
reply to post by iNkGeEk

If we stop asking questions, we might as well be like sheep to the slaughter...we will simply die out.

I believe, questioning all there is, is necessary for evolution on a conscious level, look around you everything artificial you see, was once someone's pondering. Than came the "What if" moment.

A glitch in the matrix....

Than again, what if I'm wrong....

Peace

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 05:23 AM
link   
Hans Gruber in Die Hard: "And when Alexander saw the breadth of his domain, he wept, for there were no more worlds to conquer."

Personally: If we stopped asking 'what if' then there would be no-thing left for us to create/explore and our 'work' would be done...then the divine beingness would ask...'what if it there was more?' and all the worlds would cry out in joy.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 05:30 AM
link   
What if is a hugely important question. It enables the dreamers to dream, the inventors to invent, children to play and consciousness to expand.

this world would be dull and gray if we never asked "What if?"

I can't believe that some people don't find it important to ask that question.

new topics

top topics

join