It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO over motorway in broad daylight

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 01:11 PM
link   
has anyone noticed all the new FAKE UFO videos are of little glowing orbs...

Its called ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS!!!!!!

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 01:12 PM
link   
Well I always dismiss bright lights at night this is interesting. Fake it may be some claims its fake "because" are sooo wrong:

1. Why on earth does the bridge have to darkened for it to be real. That would only make sense if the bridge and sky were also CGI but that is utter madness. You would use genuine footage and add the UFO afterwards. This means the bridge is correct!

2. It can't droplets on the screen due to the panning of the camera which would mean the droplets moving in the opposite direction. The "UFO" moves in the same direction as the pan towards the end.

3. It's a freaking Motorway, UFO or not the driver is not going to stop get out and get arrested for stopping for a non emergency.

Both sides of the argument are bad for this. Pro UFO (as in alien) folks over emphasise bad video in their enthusiasim likewise debunkers don't debunk properly in their enthusiasm to debunk!

Was it observed by anyone else? If not then put the video in the don't know, never will and ignore pile! No need to debunk since its academic, being a source of evidence that can't be cross referenced means it can't be trusted no matter how genuine the originators believe it to be.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 01:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Silicis n Volvo

It's a shame the license plates are out of focus (@0:10s),

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/772528041ac9.png[/atsimg]

If they weren't we could try to contact the other drivers and see if their stories corroborate the video.

Update: Got a readable plate (@0:25s),

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/79088df0a1d1.png[/atsimg]

Now the hard part. Anybody have access to the DVLA?

edit on 19-8-2011 by Xtraeme because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 01:22 PM
link   
It's a hoax!
The acoustics of a car doesn't match that that is presented in the video.
Their voices reflections make me believe were recorded in something like a bathroom or kitchen.
Also i think it's not expected that a mobile recorder has the capacity to spit music to the left speaker and voices to the right.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by MisterBurns
What the Sun reports though is a BBC Radio 5 live person claims to have seen something similar in the area, which could be a reason for these guys to hoax or for credibility, you cant win can you!!

For what it's worth, the video was posted on Youtube by "alvinol" (see here) on July 29th, five days before BBC's Mike Sewell's August 3rd sighting. So if this were true it would mean Mike Sewell was using Alvinol's video not the other way around.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 01:30 PM
link   
I'm really surprised it took four pages before somebody mentioned the obvious problems with the audio track.

You would never hear reverb like that in a car... EVER. It sounds like they're recording in a small kitchen or bedroom.

I have no idea why the hoaxers decided to pan their music hard left and their voices hard right. That's such a dead giveaway it's not even funny.

This seems to be a continuing oversight when it comes to debating the authenticity of UFO videos. People rarely pay attention to the audio. If they do, it usually has to do with how good/bad the "acting" is.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Observer99
Note the other reflections in the window of stuff in the car. However, most of the lights seem to track relatively consistently as objects traveling through the sky, rather than reflections from shaky laser pointers held by a bunch of idiots in the car. That makes it interesting.

To the discredit of the video, though, I have to wonder why the cameraman would put down the camera just seconds after seeing the last ones. Seriously?
edit on 19-8-2011 by Observer99 because: edit

Big red flag there - this was the first thing i thought. It's like he "knew" the event was over...

Edit:

Ok...plus the audio issue. --> FAKE

edit on 19-8-2011 by flexy123 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 01:35 PM
link   
Well, the one thing that stands out about this video is that the cameraman has a bit of trouble following it, unlike most hoax videos, where the cameraman seems to know exactly where the "UFO " is going.

Very interesting footage indeed.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 01:36 PM
link   
Possibly fireball lightning induced by piezo-electric effect of an imminent earthquake.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by borutp
Looks fake to me...

Same here!! After Effects style with ridiculously acting dudes recorded inside a room, not inside a car.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 01:37 PM
link   
It looks very fake, and it is added in post .. these kinds of effects are very easy to generate in after effects and these seem to be the most common kind of hoaxed video ( glowing orbs require no artistic skill, so even kids can do it ).. the motion tracking is always a bit off and you can tell at a glance usually ..

Maybe it's just because I do a lot of video work but the first I saw it, it just looked very fake..

Once you let after effects stabilize the video it's very easy to add objects in and then make it appear to move with the camera shake.. it's just never perfect unless you're using very high quality source video.. and even then it depends on what you have in the shot to act as a frame of reference.. these objects don't sync perfectly with the camera motion, it looks very un-natural and you can see that with an untrained eye.. that's a result of the software not tracking movement 100% accurately.
edit on 19-8-2011 by miniatus because: (no reason given)

edit on 19-8-2011 by miniatus because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 01:38 PM
link   
If this was taken recently then certainly the original uncompressed video still exists on the camera or the owners PC. If this video is real then where can I download said original?

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Regardless of what the video shows, the audio is suspect. If you listen, it is clear that the audio has been physically separated into two audio channels, right and left. The right channel is the voices and the left channel contains the sounds of the road and perhaps a dubbed soundtrack supposedly the radio in the car. What is suspect here is the sound of the voices, besides that only one channel captures them, there is a slight reverb or echo which could indicate the recording took place in a room quite a bit larger than the cabin of a car. Additionally, even with directional microphones, each channel should pick up road noise and the radio in the background. The video's audio does not conform to that premise.

ESV

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by ExScientiaVeritas

Regardless of what the video shows, the audio is suspect. If you listen, it is clear that the audio has been physically separated into two audio channels, right and left. The right channel is the voices and the left channel contains the sounds of the road and perhaps a dubbed soundtrack supposedly the radio in the car. What is suspect here is the sound of the voices, besides that only one channel captures them, there is a slight reverb or echo which could indicate the recording took place in a room quite a bit larger than the cabin of a car. Additionally, even with directional microphones, each channel should pick up road noise and the radio in the background. The video's audio does not conform to that premise.

ESV

What's odd is if you listen to just the right channel you can hear the road. The left channel is the channel with the music and the reverb. The right channel is semi-believable. Whereas the left channel was very clearly added after the fact. One oddity with the right channel is that you'd expect to hear the driver fumbling with the phone as he tries to bring it to face the road. However there's no garbled noise. So there are definitely issues with the footage.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Don't know much, but the lights do tend to stay in sync with the speed of the car and their position on the road.

This could suggest a number of things. Could be a far off light source that's not moving, could be a close light source that's not moving. Could even be indicating 3d manipulation using the speed of the environment going by as a track source.

Or it could be some electrical anomaly, considering the thunder cloud.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 02:03 PM
link   
I hate hate hate this #heads who release fake images. It's like disinfo, like a ridiculous conspircy theories that ruin credible ones.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 02:31 PM
link   
I don't know if the objects in the video are faked or not,but they probably are.

If not,i think the lightning ball theory matches what we see somewhat,but not entirely.

It's a hoax! The acoustics of a car doesn't match that that is presented in the video. Their voices reflections make me believe were recorded in something like a bathroom or kitchen. Also i think it's not expected that a mobile recorder has the capacity to spit music to the left speaker and voices to the right.

Your right Upnorthtrip,i thought i heard something funny with the audio the first time i listened to it,so i listened again and then i realized that there is something wrong with the audio.

You don't get a echo or reverb when recording in a car,you also don't have the option of making the music and environment noises come through the left channel and the vocal audio through the right channel...

Not that i know of anyways.

I'm really surprised it took four pages before somebody mentioned the obvious problems with the audio track.

Yer,your right PopeDogPaul,but atleast its been realized eventually.

Well, the one thing that stands out about this video is that the cameraman has a bit of trouble following it, unlike most hoax videos, where the cameraman seems to know exactly where the "UFO " is going. Very interesting footage indeed.

I agree AwakeinNM,the cameraman seems to have previous knowledge of whats going on,he describes the events like he has seen it before.

This is a obvious hoax in my opinion.

Cheers

edit on 19-8-2011 by BillyBoBBizWorth because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by tpg65

Originally posted by borutp
Looks fake to me...

Based on what , exactly ???

Ummm, based on all of it.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 02:41 PM
link   
I agree with the people who say fake. I'm at work so while reading this thread I saw that some had mentioned that the audio wasn't right. I had only gotten that far and figured I would give it a listen. Since I am at work, I just put one earpiece in so I can still hear my phone. I was confused because all I could hear was the road noise and music-none of the voices that people were talking about. I tried the other side and it was the conversation/voices. Interesting...

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 02:53 PM
link   
reply to post by PhoenixOD

you mentioned about the size of the ufos, there was some research done on some footage of orb type ufos and they noticed that the size of the ball does not change with its distance it appeared to be the same size no matter how far or how near to the camera it came.
Made me think about time dilation for some reason, just something on an intuitive level that they are occupying a time space "frame" and that "frame" does not change here in space time as we view it and this is why its size does not vary with distance, this footage is very similar to the radio 1 footage strange how radio is significant in both events.

1 Takes place over the largest broadcast signal in the uk.
2 A BBC radio employee says he saw one and then this footage from pretty much the same place.
.Im an absolute believer of other inter dimensional and inter galactic entities, races, consciousness, it strikes me as odd though how radio (government agency) has been involved in both of these events and that they have also been the ones to break into popular consciousness, i say the government has something to do with these sightings and i do not believe the footage from either.
I will not readily believe anything i didnt see with my own eyes and then only after some scrutiny when i did.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join