It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO over motorway in broad daylight

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+21 more 
posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 03:34 AM
link   
This is quite a good recent video of a very cool looking UFO filmed just before and very close to where a UFO was seen by a BBC reporter here in the UK. From a news article posted today in the Sun news paper

AN EERIE-looking UFO can be seen in our shock footage darting through the sky, close to the spot where a 'freaked out' BBC reporter saw a craft. The stunning video shows a glowing white dot hovering over the M11 in broad daylight. A series of bright lights then appear to shoot out from it through the clouds, towards passing vehicles.

i cant embed the video from the sun website here but here is the link to the article...

Link to news article and video

The 36-year-old cameraman - using the name alvinol - can be heard screaming "Oh my God" during the video as the bolts of light shoot over his car. Just five days later, startled Beeb sports journalist Mike Sewell saw a near-identical UFO less than ten miles away over the village of Cottered, Herts. Mike, 41 - who works for Radio 5 Live - said it too was bright and "disc-shaped". Describing what he saw, the BBC man went on: "I saw this big light in the sky descending towards the road. "As it got closer it banked to the left. It went cross-country. "I could see underneath and it wasn't an aeroplane."

Like to here some peoples theories on what it is

I got no idea what it is...but dont really think its an alien.

Edit: found the vid on youtube also so here it is:

edit on 19-8-2011 by Silicis n Volvo because: (no reason given)

+6 more 
posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 03:41 AM
link   
Looks fake to me...

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 03:42 AM
link   
Normally I don't comment on video's like these, and I first thought it were reflections from inside the car.

The slow motion is amazing thought and I wonder what other people think of it.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 03:44 AM
link   
Its certainly not a chinese lantern.

The video looks good but these days its almost impossible to tell if something is faked or not when just looking at video. I would be a lot happier if a few more witnesses from some of the other cars came forward and reported something to.

The ball doesnt seem to change size much as it wizz's off to the side. I would have expected it to get a bit smaller. But that doesnt mean its not genuine.

If it was me i would have carried on filming a bit longer, i have no idea why he stopped filming at that point.

It was posted on the 29th july on youtube and the BBC reporter saw the UFO on the 3 August. So that rules out people just trying to cash in on the reporters sighting.

The description on the youtube video is :

Este video lo tomé viniendo de a Londres, ibamos por la carretera y derrepente esaa luces aparecieron, me dieron ganas de parar el coche pero era imposible..
ACOJONANTE!!..
I took this video whilst I was driving back to London on the M11, check this out!!
I thought the sky was amazing but when those lights appeared I freaked out.
Wow!!

Youtube Source

I agree with Nick Pope Its one of the more interresting vids ive seen in a while, im not calling obvious fake on this one

edit on 19-8-2011 by PhoenixOD because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 03:48 AM
link   
reply to post by PhoenixOD

yeah more witnesses would be nice....but one interesting thing is that this video was filmed before the BBC reporter saw a UFO.

So if its fake then its a big coincidence that some randoms in a car decided to fake a UFO video at the same location and time as someone else saw a real one.

just makes the story more interesting thats all

+11 more 
posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 03:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by borutp
Looks fake to me...

Based on what , exactly ???

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 03:54 AM
link   
If the video is genuine Its possible that it might be some kind of ball lightening as it doesnt look very solid. Ball lightening or natural plasma is ultra rare and there isnt a lot of video to compare it to. Ive seen a few vids of it before but nothing where it splits up like the one in the OP. Ball lightening does come in all shapes and sizes.

here are some ball lightening video for comparison:

In the origional video in the OP there are a plenty dark rain clouds hanging around. The ball in the OP does pulsate rather like the ball lightening vids. IMO its certainly a possibility but not definate.

edit on 19-8-2011 by PhoenixOD because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 03:55 AM
link   
Quite a good video, i myself believe its not faked, though i dont know what it is.
Its interesting that this came from the Sun. My partner gets it for the coupons as were a lil hard up on money at the moment, but in the last fortnight the paper has carried two 'ufo/alien' stories. the latest was a report on the Ufo con vention held in the Olympic cnter, where they reported, as they dubbed him, 'a nutter' warning of a huge scale E.T false flag attack during the olympics (a la project blue beam). The libel was not a surprise, but what i did find surprising is that under each 'Ufo' story they run, they have a sort of opinion chapter, written by Nick Pope, ex-MOD, who was in charge of ufo info during the nineties. His comments are not fitting with the sun ethos, they are not derogatory, and Pope even leans towards UFO's being a factuality in his short peices.

The sun is a rag, and a terrible one at that. Why the sudden willingness to not only report, but give a seemingly fair view, with two sides to every Ufo story?

Thanks for posting dude

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 04:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Silicis n Volvo

This is from the sun, first of all. Known hoax website.

Second of all, this is obviously a CGI hoax.

First signature is that it is 57 seconds long.
Because CGI must be polished and cut in order for it to convince enough people to get flags on ATS.

Glad to see they aren't getting better at this though. It's hoaxes like these that help me draw the line when examining UFO videos.

Edit: Look at the scene when they pass under the bridge. They forgot to edit their darkening effects.

Still get fooled by sky lanterns every once in a while - so no worries.

edit on 19-8-2011 by ThinkingCap because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 04:04 AM
link   
reply to post by ThinkingCap

So do you thing that the Suns sudden interest in covering these sort of stories is just way to make money, grab more readers?
It makes a lot of sense, as its in vogue right now.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 04:04 AM
link   
Quite an interesting video. It was a little tough to watch clearly at the link provided, but I did a quick youtube search, found the vid in no time flat, and watched in 720p full screen. In my opinion, the video looks real, but I'm no expert here. It would be easy to say it is CG though.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 04:11 AM
link   
I'm pretty sure this has been posted before, but as the search engine is notoriously bad at working with anything other than the verbatim thread titles I couldn't find it.

Here's the youtube version:

I'm pretty confident that this is a fake. It doesn't seem to be droplets on the windscreen, so I'm leaning towards tampering with graphics.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 04:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Learningman
reply to post by ThinkingCap

So do you thing that the Suns sudden interest in covering these sort of stories is just way to make money, grab more readers?
It makes a lot of sense, as its in vogue right now.

Thinkingcap should read his own signature...he's just fulfilled stage one

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 04:12 AM
link   
Don't listen to the hoax promoters until ATS has had a chance to denounce it.

It looks good to me. I'm an expert on UFOs as I've seen them far away and in person up close.
I like this video, I like the reaction to the anomalies on the video in real time, and I like the abrupt emotion as it was filmed.

It could be a fake, very easy to do these days, but most likely it isn't faked ..... from my exp.

I like it, but it isn't telling us any more than other anomalies up close that shook the cameraman's bones.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 04:14 AM
link   
The SUN is not a hoax website its a red top sensationalist published and is the daily paper of the used to be sunday published News of the World. Maxwells paper.

There does seem to be some artifacts visible as they go under the bridge but I dont know about camera trickery.

What the Sun reports though is a BBC Radio 5 live person claims to have seen something similar in the area, which could be a reason for these guys to hoax or for credibility, you cant win can you!!

Excited foreign hoaxers in the UK or genuine footage, I cant decide.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 04:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Silicis n Volvo

Interesting:

Video Capture
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/ebdf93f98ebd.jpg[/atsimg]
Enlargement of circled object
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/5b2a6348a390.jpg[/atsimg]
And darkened a bit
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/75588a8b319b.jpg[/atsimg]

Seems triangular.
edit on 8/19/2011 by this_is_who_we_are because: captions to pics

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 04:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by JibbyJedi
Don't listen to the hoax promoters until ATS has had a chance to denounce it.

It looks good to me. I'm an expert on UFOs as I've seen them far away and in person up close.
I like this video, I like the reaction to the anomalies on the video in real time, and I like the abrupt emotion as it was filmed.

It could be a fake, very easy to do these days, but most likely it isn't faked ..... from my exp.

I like it, but it isn't telling us any more than other anomalies up close that shook the cameraman's bones.

Self acclaimed expert, Im sorry but how can you be an expert on Unidentified Flying Objects, well, I am expert on unidentified drinking injuries.

And you claim to have seen the TR3B which is not a proven triangular aircraft.

Your weak Jedi mind tricks dont work on me. Unless you can convince me otherwise ;-)

Just sayin

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 04:20 AM
link   
reply to post by this_is_who_we_are

What is, the black bit?

2nd

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 04:20 AM
link   
im not a video expert but i have watched thousands of videos on this site and this is defo one of the better ones imo hoax or not but i also loved the dome of the rock video so who am i too say what real and not S&F for the coolness factor fake or not

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 04:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by MisterBurns
reply to post by this_is_who_we_are

What is, the black bit?

2nd

An enlargement of the circled light at the 34 second mark in video.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join