It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sick to death of self appointed thread police..

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 02:58 AM
link   
I'm sick to death of the self appointed thread police ,that now seems to be flooding ATS ,there is enough MODS for this task ,and it comes down to who written the best thread on a subject anyway ,so what if there is 3 or 5 threads on the same subject ,if it bothers some of you that much ,report to a mod in private ,why go public unless you after attention.

just had to get this out of my system.

Thanks

The Maverick !

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 03:01 AM
link   
I agree.. When I click on a thread that has been posted a hundred times in 1 day, I just move along to the next one. Not my place to say jack.

Deebo

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 03:02 AM
link   
I really hope the moderator takes a moment to read this thread.

404'd Threads, Terms violations and offensive language topics that are being erased really needs to stop.

The site motto is "deny ignorance"? Yet hot topics are removed therefore aiding ignorance.

The truth hurts sometimes. It's a fact of life, your life, my life.

Who are you really protecting? Your income?

Let this really be a service of free speech and you will be rewarded ten fold.

We can handle it, some people are jerks. It happens in real life all the time. If there is a place for the truth, why cant it be here?

If the truth is so scary, how can you claim "deny ignorance" as your motto?

+1 more 
posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 03:15 AM
link   
There is already a thread on this. Please use the search function next time.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 03:17 AM
link   
Sorry, had to be done.

I do aree with you though.

Also the search function seems to kind of suck I reckon. Or maybe I am just idiot and dont know how to use it properly.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 03:28 AM
link   

so what if there is 3 or 5 threads on the same subject ,if it bothers some of you that much ,report to a mod in private ,why go public unless you after attention.

Do you know how many threads are posted on ATS daily? Do you know how many are dupicates? Are you a mod? If not, then you have only a guesstimate, and a criticism of ATS mods, as do I at times, but they are doing what they can to keep the monotonous repeating threads to a minimum.

You think the Ron Paul threads are bad now? We haven't even gotten started yet, it is going to be RonPaul.TopSecret.com when it comes near election time.... this whole site will be half of his platform.... not that that is bad.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 03:33 AM
link   
You won't change it.

Mods on most forums rarely get the chance to have any kind of power or management in the real world,so when the get on-line they 'need' to show/use that power somehow to make up for any other inadequacies.

I've found my welcome to this forum to be the least warm I've ever had, and without wanting to be provocative, I can't help think a few of the rules on here, have been made, purely so it gives the mods an excuse to moderate!

So ... by creating an atmosphere where people are constantly giving warnings over petty things, you typically get one of two things occur; a) the users react angrily to over-moderation and leave or (in my case) post less, or b) they just jump on board, suck up and sadly join in using the same elitist tone, that ends up frustrating people like you to make threads like this.

Again, complaining isn't going to help, ATS wants and enjoys it this way

edit on 19-8-2011 by Beavers because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 03:37 AM
link   
reply to post by JibbyJedi

no, he's right.

the written-tone people use on this site when dealing with duplicate stories is disgusting.

however, it feels as if this disregard towards other users is actually encouraged here!

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 03:44 AM
link   
edit on 19-8-2011 by maus80 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 03:58 AM
link   
just to cover all the bases..

[Attempt at reasoning logically with OP]

[Endless quotes of small sections of OP]

[...and analysis of why each part is wrong or misguided, which nobody will read anyway]

[Incisive explanation of why none of it makes any difference anyway]

[Analysis of likelihood of mods ever answering such a thread]

[Suggestion that OP should get a clue]

[Derisive anti-flame/troll proclamation (ignoring the fact of being a troll in the process)]
edit on 19/8/11 by mzungu because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 04:01 AM
link   
Here is a solution if you do not like ATS and the moderators and the members who play thread police, Leave and don 't sign back in.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 04:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheMaverick
I'm sick to death of the self appointed thread police ,that now seems to be flooding ATS ,there is enough MODS for this task ,and it comes down to who written the best thread on a subject anyway ,so what if there is 3 or 5 threads on the same subject ,if it bothers some of you that much ,report to a mod in private ,why go public unless you after attention.

Thanks

The Maverick !

This subject has been discussed time and again here on ATS the search engine is your friend move on,

This thread is now closed

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 11:28 AM
link   
lol nice try above poster lol i tryed that in an other thred once... Haha faildd

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 02:34 PM
link   
reply to post by redbarron626

Originally posted by redbarron626
Here is a solution if you do not like ATS and the moderators and the members who play thread police, Leave and don 't sign back in.

Here's my reply to your post.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/b5868c8ce0d5.gif[/atsimg]

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Beavers

no, he's right.

the written-tone people use on this site when dealing with duplicate stories is disgusting.

however, it feels as if this disregard towards other users is actually encouraged here!

So what happens at work when someone starts to tell you a story that someone else just told you?
Do you stop them and say, " We all heard it already, don't bother or do you quietly turn around and leave or do you stand for it again? There is nothing wrong in telling a research-lacking poster that they are wasting MANY people's time by his or her lack of due diligence. After all, that is one of the major rules herein.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 03:04 PM
link   
reply to post by TheMaverick

we can all be after attention can't we?

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Beavers

no, he's right.

eh any time you get an automated message the tone is always horrible.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by redbarron626

Allo Allo Allo..

You're nicked Sunshine !!!!

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 04:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Aliensun

it's not what you say, it's how you say it.

if you're a complete jerk about saying you've already heard it JUST to impress the other, slightly senior complete jerks , then it's going to appear unfair, and likely to annoy all the normal people who don't want to be a victim of a complete jerk's power trip.

whereas if you politely chip in, "yeah dave said earlier" before they can get war and peace on your ass, you probably won't get your coffee spat in later that day

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheMaverick

Thanks

The Maverick !

There aren't enough mods that is the thing imo! Mods have lives and can't monitor the site 24/7 so members help out. Some go to far yes but most of us are just trying to help keep the site up and help the mods out.

ALso it is ANNOYING as can be to see 5 threads on one topic. It shows people don't look at the boards before they post. I mean do you really think that if a nuclear incident happened hours prior that there isn't already 3 threads on it?

There are allowed to be two threads, one in BA and the other in an according forum. This rule drove me nuts for a while and still does slightly cause some members abuse it for attention.

Tell someone there is a thread already and linking to it isn't that big of a deal. Some I will agree need to learn how to do it in a nicer manner

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join