It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

When the American political season begins, the rest of the world ceases to exist.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 02:36 AM
link   
When the American political season begins, the rest of the world ceases to exist. Seriously, there is well over a year before the Presidential elections, and all this political non sense just keeps getting shoved in my face. I haven't watched cable tv in ages, and yet i still get bombarded with this non sense. I get most of my information through the internet and social networking, ATS, Godlike, Fecebook, Youtube etc, and all of that is contaminated. All of these now are just littered with all this political stuff. "Michelle Bachmann wants you to 'pray away the gay', "Rick Perry gets lost in own asshole", "Ron Paul once again reminds us how screwed we are" (though i do hope he wins). But seriously, the rest of the world is still spinning, there are far more pressing global issues then watching these people fight over who's gonna be ruler of the slave farm. I shudder when i think about people who are addicted to the alphabet soup news channels, and just how uninformed they could be. Ill just have to go out of my way more to search for good information. Ill stop whining and bitching now.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 02:38 AM
link   
reply to post by ztruthseeker

Being from the UK I simply don't pay any attention to it, politics is not my favourite subject or something I'm knowledgeable on so I just let it fly.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 03:09 AM
link   

I'd always wondered how it looked from outside the United States. Here of course, we move into Political Season and may as well accept the fact it'll be shoved into us from every direction until the very moment the polls close in November.

Then we'll get another month of endless analysis until they begin analysis on each other and mercifully move on to something different.

I'm awfully sorry to hear the rest of the world gets overflow from our flood. How rude of us.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000

I'd always wondered how it looked from outside the United States.

Our elections last about 5 weeks, from the time they decide to have them, until they're done and someone is Prime Minister. Paper ballots and all.

The US elections last about 2 years, with a ridiculous amount of money spent. And then it turns out it doesn't matter anyways, because with electronic voting, it's always talked about how easy it is to hack into. No one up here thinks that Bush was actually voted in for 2 terms. :shk:

Plus, whoever is President cannot do anything congress doesn't want him to do. If congress and the President cannot get along, nothing gets done.
Very over complicated and overly expensive for just a figurehead.

new topics

top topics

join