It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Arizona sheriff promises Obama-eligibility probe

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 02:15 AM
link   

MARICOPA COUNTY, Ariz. – At the request of tea party leaders in Arizona, famed Maricopa County Sheriff Joe Arpaio has promised to investigate the validity of Barack Obama's purported long-form birth certificate in a determination of the president's eligibility for the county's 2012 election ballot.

Tea party leaders in Surprise, Ariz., met with Arpaio and WND senior reporter Jerome Corsi Thursday morning to express concern that a fake birth certificate would be used to document the president's eligibility to run in Maricopa County, where Arpaio is the chief law enforcement officer.

www.wnd.com...

Visit article to see text of petition.

Now this raises some interesting questions. So if Obama's name gets stricken from the ballot in that county or state, and yet, Obama was to win (but he won't- we all know Ron Paul will win
), this means that the county or state is forced to accept a presidency from someone who wasn't even on the ballot?

Now how's THAT supposed to work?

And what if other states were to follow suit, and not accept another 4 years of O-Sham-a either because the BC was forged?

Either way, will be very interesting to see where the Sheriff's investigation goes, and the results if they refuse to put Obama on their ballot.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 02:24 AM
link   
There's a phrase for this.

Voter suppression.

I hope Sheriff Joe enjoys his time in Federal court to back up his case.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 02:35 AM
link   
Once AZ can enforce SB 1070, Sheriff Joe can ask for Barry Soetoro papers when he visits. It will be a dream to see Barry in a pink jumpsuit.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 02:43 AM
link   
reply to post by TrueAmerican

I support Joe in his law enforcement outlook but the time for determining presidential eligibility is before the primaries, not two years after the new pres is sworn in. Of course in this particular case Obama is disliked by those who rant about this. One would have to wonder if they really care or if they are just being assholes.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 05:42 AM
link   
What a Dam shame that a county Sheriff has to do this.

I think if it is going to be done, the State Attorney General's Office should conduct the investigation on behalf of the State of AZ.

But, major
for good ole Joe.

Remember folks.... the Feds started the mess/flare up with AZ- not AZ.

We need Joe to run for President. Think of it. The illegals would be running for the border... to get back across.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 05:50 AM
link   
we still on this birther nonsense? really people?

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheWalkingFox
There's a phrase for this.

Voter suppression.

I hope Sheriff Joe enjoys his time in Federal court to back up his case.

It isn't voter suppression if Obama is ineligible to be on the ballot to begin with. And if he is ineligible, he is currently not President. I could care less either way, because all politicians are the same to me, but if people must have elections don't they have the right to make sure the person they vote for is who he says he is?

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 12:45 PM
link   
Arizona, Texas, Indiana,............. what's with you red states? maybe you should call a halt to the inbreeding and try and clean up that gene pool. the mind is a terrible thing to waste. yikes ......... I'm embarassed these states are part of the same country I live in. don't you people ever wonder why the Ivy League schools are in the blue states?
edit on 19-8-2011 by LooksLikeWeMadeIt because: added

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by trailertrash
I support Joe in his law enforcement outlook but the time for determining presidential eligibility is before the primaries, not two years after the new pres is sworn in.

So if I commit a crime today, I guess I am innocent of it two years from now because I covered my tracks, despite the fact that several million people have been on the verge of catching me?

Umm. No. FAIL.

He goes to prison 10 years from now if that's when it is. You need to revise your statute of limitations.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 04:28 PM
link   
UPDATE:

"What I have agreed to do, contrary to some published media reports, is simply look at the evidence these people have assembled and examine whether it is within my jurisdiction to investigate the document's authenticity," Arpaio said in a written statement Friday.

and

Arpaio said, while he will look at the evidence, "I indicated in this meeting that I will also consider whether there is a more appropriate Arzona agency to determine the document's veracity and ultimately whether the President's name can lawfully be entered onto the 2012 election ballot."

ktar.com...

Well considering that the SCOTUS won't claim jurisdiction of these court cases on eligibility, because it is with Congress that responsibility lies, I don't see how he's going to have jurisdiction.

But on the other hand, he might if it can be shown that damage has been done due to the forgery- and further damage will be done if Obama's name goes on the ballot. That will probably end up in the Arizona Supreme Court. And by the time it gets decided, Ron Paul will be president.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 04:38 PM
link   
The whole ''eligibility'' question, regarding Barack Obama, is absurd.

He was born in Hawaii, and the fantastical notion that he was born in Kenya is ridiculous. His Kenyan father met his American mother in the USA, so why on earth would she have been in Kenya at the time of his birth ?!

The ''birther'' theory is one of the most ridiculous conspiracy theories that I've ever heard, because it has no factual information to support it - in fact, quite the opposite.

Rick Perry wasn't born too far away from Mexico... are we going to have an ''eligibility probe'' on him ?!

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sherlock Holmes
The whole ''eligibility'' question, regarding Barack Obama, is absurd.

His hiding it for years was beyond absurd.
Anyway a candidate for president shouldnt be allowed to hide
his BC or other papers.
Maybe Joe can look into his social security numbers issue.
edit on 19-8-2011 by RRokkyy because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by RRokkyy
His hiding it for years was beyond absurd.
his BC or other papers.
Maybe Joe can look into his social security numbers issue.

He never ''hid'' it.

Have you seen George W. Bush's or Bill Clinton's birth certificates ?

I wonder what they're hiding ?

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 05:03 PM
link   
Are the Obama supporters supposed to be worried at this point?How many people have promised the exact same thing only to fall on their butts due to lack of evidence?

I think Trump was the last big name.

As for the person who said Obama has been hiding his BC for years....HELLO!!!

His long and short form BC and so much more is open and available to anyone in the world! Come out from under the rock.

edit on 19-8-2011 by gimme_some_truth because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 12:53 AM
link   
UPDATE 2:
Here is a video of Sheriff Arpaio as he owns this media shill trying to tell him that he is wasting taxpayer dollars investigating the Obama eligibility issue. HA!

www.azcentral.com...
(If you have trouble seeing this video, just go to the link below and watch the second video in the story. Same thing.)

Also, story here:
obamareleaseyourrecords.blogspot.com...

"I'm an Equal Opportunity guy. We go after anyone and everyone who breaks the law."

edit on Sat Aug 20th 2011 by TrueAmerican because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 12:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by LooksLikeWeMadeIt
Arizona, Texas, Indiana,............. what's with you red states? maybe you should call a halt to the inbreeding and try and clean up that gene pool. the mind is a terrible thing to waste. yikes ......... I'm embarassed these states are part of the same country I live in. don't you people ever wonder why the Ivy League schools are in the blue states?
edit on 19-8-2011 by LooksLikeWeMadeIt because: added

The same reason all the millionaires live in states like Texas?

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 02:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by RRokkyy
his BC or other papers.

Yet all previous Presidents hid exactly the same papers, yet the birthers did not want to see theirs... why was that?

new topics

top topics

join