It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

RT reports on missing data from NASA regarding comet ELENIN

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 02:03 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 02:15 AM
link   
good video.

he's definitely one of us. Just when he gets on a roll she cuts hit off..uh-oh, out of time....bs

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 02:17 AM
link   
Okay, I made it a whole 2 minutes but I have to stop when I hear him call Yu55 "very large". Exactly how does he figure 400 meters in diameter is "very large"?? Another story that will help scare the general public and feed the coming frenzy, if what I fear is valid about how people start reacting. Hmmm... I predict this is only the very beginning of the stories and 'experts' from everywhere declaring the end is near.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 02:19 AM
link   
I use to believe and take RT seriously...... until this.....

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 02:27 AM
link   
reply to post by JibbyJedi

That is downright funny.

The Ufologist's really should have better spokespeople.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 02:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

I believe what you're referring to is the asteroid he refers to, not Elenin.

I'm still trying to determine the estimated size of Elenin. Haven't look into it much.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 02:44 AM
link   
I heard YU55 was 1300 meters long x 400m wide.

That was off a newscast quite a while back but it stuck and they very well could be wrong.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 02:47 AM
link   

I dont even think the Anchor is 100% serious....you can see her fighting the smile.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 02:47 AM
link   
reply to post by BeyondPerception

4-5km
2nd.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 02:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by BeyondPerception
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

I believe what you're referring to is the asteroid he refers to, not Elenin.

I'm still trying to determine the estimated size of Elenin. Haven't look into it much.

Yes, he speaks of Elenin and then around 2:12 I believe, speaks of 'another very large asteroid' and FEMA doing their test on the same day. Well, unless NASA pulled a practical joke on the planet and cloaked an asteroid, the only one that will be close then is Yu-55. Apophis and Levy don't come into play until Jan. and they aren't factors unless something really changes between now and then.

In the grand scheme of things, Yu55 isn't that big, or it's pass all that close. Spaceweather.com has their NEO chart that shows this happening fairly often over the course of a year, actually. It's only it's appearance at the same time as everything else that has everyone looking sideways at it like it might contain some terrible surprise. It's just a 400 meter rock and the size is nothing special for a near earth object.

Just my interpretation of the public data...

Addition: I got my numbers wrong in making my note. in going back it's 1:53 to 2:05 where Yu55 is referenced as very large.

edit on 19-8-2011 by Wrabbit2000 because: Correcting timer numbers

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 03:02 AM
link   
RT are just cynically trying to tap into a wider audience with this nonsense. The same way
other news sources feed the masses a diet of celebrity junk culture, because it boosts viewing
figures.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 04:50 AM
link   
Either that guy is a ATS lurker or a member here, that's basically what has been covered here already, don't you think?

I don't know but, watching that made me smile.

Peace

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 04:55 AM
link   
I'm still not sure how or when a news program called ”Russia Today” ever became considered a credible news source for America. Isn't Russia known for state run and controlled news media our did that change?

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 08:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by JibbyJedi

ROFL.....
hoping a few idiots go away after this damn comet passes.
edit on 19-8-2011 by Explanation because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 10:03 AM
link   

I lasted 5seconds listening to that lady.

As for OP
Indeed something is up, but unless you have the money... you can kiss your butt goodbye. I for one am gonna be outside dancing come October whatever. You mole people can have fun in your little bunkers. I'll be experiencing this once in a life time phenomena first hand.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 03:15 PM
link   

I hope that same attitude of yours pertains to, pretty much, all the other existing MSM out there

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 03:17 PM
link   
reply to post by dethduck

Thats what I hear, but I dunno if its true. And the same could definitely said for the USA MSMs, Fox, CNN, MSNBC, etc. They're just as bad. This portion of RT news is their USA division which is based out of New York.
edit on 19-8-2011 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 07:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by JibbyJedi

You'll notice most of the people who like RT, are the more left wing, anti-American, anti-Republican, anti-Fox crowd. They like RT , because it regularly attacks and smears these groups. Proving that much of the anti-Fox outrage is manufactured. These people are fine with tabloid news, as long as its pushing an agenda they agree with.

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 03:16 PM
link   
reply to post by XplanetX

Really it isn't any stranger than what has been shown on MSM and Michio Kaku and some of his off the wall stuff. Different person same insanity. Then add the article about having a imaginary attack by aliens to push the reason for world government. There is something definitely and as always people pushing to get their names in the news or sensationalize to get ratings. I for one have gotten to the point I wouldn't believe in aliens if one landed in my front yard. I would think to myself I wonder what government group and their genetically altered creature this came from. No its not going to convince me to join the NWO.

new topics

top topics

join