It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO on Mars NASA Rover By John Gorman - Confirmed Hoax

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 03:07 PM
link   
There co-incidently seems to be no images for August 8th, Sol 2680, (the day in question) in the gallery for any of the cameras,

marsrover.nasa.gov...

except for the panoramic camera, and those are not scenes, although NASA on another page shows the colour pic already posted here as being August 8th, Sol 2680.

So if videoman has 90 pictures, including the one he shows, for Sol 2680 where did he get them?

It is himself that says there are the 90 frames with a curious AN or otherwise title.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 03:14 PM
link   
I would love to know the size of it.....miles or feet...not that size negates a space vehicle.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 03:16 PM
link   
I think it's pretty clear that, if this is an image from the Spirit rover on Mars, it's an upside down shot of the underbelly from the Microscopic Imager -- example here.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord
I think it's pretty clear that, if this is an image from the Spirit rover on Mars, it's an upside down shot of the underbelly from the Microscopic Imager -- example here.

You must be right SkepticOverlord, since the author of the video refuses to give the identification numbers of the image. Sorry to all who, like me, were misled by the author. Hope you guys understand. My intention is always the best to everyone and everything here, but mistakes happen and it seems that this is the case today.

edit on 19-8-2011 by RUSSO because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 03:36 PM
link   

I think it's pretty clear that, if this is an image from the Spirit rover on Mars, it's an upside down shot of the underbelly from the Microscopic Imager

Hmm,so the object thats claimed to be a UFO is just a rivet or bolt/nut on the underbelly of the rover?

Probably right too,sounds logical to me.

Cheers

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by TortoiseKweek
When I saw this photo, the first thing that jumped into my mind was "that looks just like the head of an oval head undercut screw!". A plain oval head screw doesn't have that shape, but an undercut one does. So I did a little comparison with this photo and that of an oval head undercut screw. I scaled it down 80% to fit here, but at 100%, you can see that this is an identical match. Now I'm not saying this is what the object is, but I find it rather 'coincidental'

See for yourself!

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/5ffd6f6a8388.jpg[/atsimg]

Winner! awesome TK.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 04:04 PM
link   
I found the source of the hoax.

It's the very first image taken with the microscopic imager, available here: 1M128363423EFF0100P2900M0M1.JPG, and found here: marsrover.nasa.gov

Reduced source image used for the hoax:

Animated GIF overlay to remove anyone's lingering doubt:

John Gorman is a hoaxer, stick a fork in this one.
edit on 19-8-2011 by SkepticOverlord because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 04:12 PM
link   
reply to post by RUSSO

We know it was never your intention to mislead RUSSO.

I guess it demonstrates that we can all be sucked in to elaborate Hoaxes. We just need to ensure that we check other sources, just like SkepticOverlord.

Lesson learned, I'd suggest.

edit on 19/8/11 by Cobaltic1978 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 04:14 PM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

Sweet.

Thank you SkepticOverlord.

This John Gorman dude already is in my black list.

edit on 19-8-2011 by RUSSO because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 04:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Cobaltic1978

Absolutely. Lesson learned

Thanks Cobaltic1978.

Have a great weekend.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 04:40 PM
link   
Jeez...its a bloody screw...

I think ill stay away from these UFO threads from now on.

Too many of them,if not all,are stupid hoax's like this one.
edit on 19-8-2011 by BillyBoBBizWorth because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Excellent research there Skeptic!
I think you just proved me right!

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 07:02 PM
link   
Wow was I way off...lol oh well. Thanks SO for sorting it all out.
2nd

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 07:18 PM
link   
reply to post by QBSneak000

I'm on a network that blocks Youtube at the moment. Is there someone who can post a link to Skepticoverlords .gif on this Gorman guys Youtube account?

Hoaxers need to be exposed not only on ATS but at their very source.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 07:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by phishyblankwaters
Seriously. Dude says it has to be aliens because symmetry doesn't happen in nature (which it totally, pulling my hair out angry, does), then discounts images showing this because it's a single image, the entire time saying his single image HAS to be alien because it's symmetrical.

Of course symmetry occurs in nature, just not in rocks. Go and get some comprehension lessons, then re-read my posts.

I get it now, the Klown is literally here to just be a dick, case closed, your posts show it. Not even a troll, just a thread derailing penis.

Yes name calling is adding much value to a discussion. Very mature. How old are you??? 10 y.o.?????

Try looking up the academic method Einstein. That's where you examine ALL evidence without a predermined opinion.
edit on 19/8/1111 by Krusty the Klown because: Afterthought

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 08:22 PM
link   

Finally! Case closed. Good work.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 08:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by BillyBoBBizWorth
Jeez...its a bloody screw...

I think ill stay away from these UFO threads from now on.

Too many of them,if not all,are stupid hoax's like this one.
edit on 19-8-2011 by BillyBoBBizWorth because: (no reason given)

UFO's are as real as bloody screws.
edit on 19-8-2011 by seabhac-rua because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 01:56 AM
link   

good job tortoisekweek and site owner...

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 02:20 AM
link   
This is what makes ATS great. The balance. Thank you Mr. overlord for your research. This is just another example of keeping your minds open but not letting them fall out. It's a lesson for me as well. Peace.

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 04:56 AM
link   

Dammit, foiled again! I knew it was too good to be true but I held out hope based on my somewhat brief glimpse at the picture from an iphone.

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join