It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO on Mars NASA Rover By John Gorman - Confirmed Hoax

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 09:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by RUSSO
reply to post by Phage

I dont think you read my opening post. Insted complain, why cant you help me to find the image ID? I care about much things, but when you came in almost all of ufo threads to make a digression and take out the focus of what is really important, I do not give a damn.

I disagree. Phage is right and he's got a cool head. ATS is better with him.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 09:50 AM
link   
Form what is seen the more dis info in a thread the closer to it some may be
So they kind of tell on them selves and verify the thread content. UM JUST SAYEN

SnF for the mind food

edit on 8/19/11 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 09:51 AM
link   
i just saw this.. looks like a parachute?? whatever it is looks abnormal, like its laying on the surface

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 09:55 AM
link   

When the rovers landed they were surrounded by inflatable bags to protect it. They bounced around a bit before stopping. What you posted was one of the impressions left by a bounce.

Link

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 09:56 AM
link   
nvm
edit on 19/8/11 by emptyOmind because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 10:03 AM
link   
Wish that rock would come beam me up.

Even if it is a rock, i like things like this which plays with my mind for a few minutes.

edit on 8/19/2011 by qonone because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 10:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by LanternOfDiogenes
billbenson.org...

Nature doesn't show that kind of symmetry, come on.....
Are you sure the rover isn't in Australia?

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 10:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

You're wasting your time trying to reason with the youtube generation, as there's nothing in their heads to reason with.
They believe everything they see on youtube to be the truth and nothing but the truth.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 10:22 AM
link   

If it is a natural formation could the shadow be caused by possible water erosion at one time?Also could it be possible to contact someone a NASA to verify the picture?

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 10:30 AM
link   
It kinda looks like a small mesa you would see out west in Arizona or New Mexico. UFO, well I am not so sure. This guy in the video is stating that he has not tampered with the image, and it is directly from Nasa, and he is very quick to point out that it is a flying saucer, so, who knows

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 10:37 AM
link   
reply to post by RUSSO

It is the shape of a saucer and shading on the bottom and sides make it appear as if it is hovering. I was hoping video would show movement. Faintest of discolorations on the ground underneath it that might indicate a shadow. This looks for all the world like it's floating. Isn't there a google Mars?

I would love to see it not be in the next shot of this area.

You mention or the clip does, ONLY NASA might have altered this footage.

Why might they do that? Nerds sitting around and its Jimmy the UFO freaks birthday and so "watch this, we are going to airbrush in a ship and Jimmy will see it when he reviews most recent download footage. Ha ha ha Jimmy will cocky in his pants." (sorry for cocky kiddies but our parochial censors wont allow a "bad word" that rhymes with it) You have to put 500 points in the swearing jar!!!

Yeah that's the only way I can think it might show up in a NASA photo.
But even that is possible. People play pranks on each other at work all the time. Probably even NASA. I remember the air traffic controller scolded for some extraneous bit of hilarity....I remember, he was letting his kid call in the planes. Point is...there's rules and there's people who break them.

If it isn't a prank photo and can't be proved airbrushed or cgi 'd in - appears we have a saucer on Mars.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nicolas Flamel
Phage is right, the rovers could not have possibly taken this picture because none of it's cameras gives you a picture like this:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/89914221f02b.jpg[/atsimg]

Whats with the band in the middle, the circular object on the right and the rectangle at lower left? This does not appear on any other rover pic. Check for yourself, look at the pictures the 5 different camera angles the real rovers produce: Rover Cams

I think the image may also have been flipped, here it is "upside down":

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/f5df5f4340f3.jpg[/atsimg]

Actually this makes total sense. When you look at it flipped upside down, you can see (although very faintly) the true horizon.. I believe the flipped upside down is the true orientation of the photo. Kind of reminds me of a blurry photo taken from the cockpit of a small plane while in flight. Ive looked for photo's on the net but couldn't find one that would do it justice.
edit on 19-8-2011 by QBSneak000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 10:41 AM
link   
This sight cracks me up, people will listen to NASA claiming they need to worry about aliens coming down from the heavens and killing human life due to our leaders negligence, but when an obvious picture without out an id tag comes into play, yet again it is false.

As long as everyone on this sight listens to the "man"- for their insight and education this sight will continue to never evolve.

Thus go back to sleep people, NASA and the regurgitated educated have it all under control

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 10:46 AM
link   
shouldn't there be a shadow under it?

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Ok, I used Adobe Lightroom 3 to try and sharpen the photo up as much as I could.

I truly believe that THIS is the actual orientation of the photo. You can clearly see the horizon line now.

Although I still can't find a good comparison photo on the web yet, IMO this is nothing more than a hoax.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 10:57 AM
link   
whats the point in this thread if there is no reference to the ORIGINAL IMAGE?

A 7 year old can shop whatever into any image - it's worthless without image reference #. Otherwise it s a very obvious fake.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 11:03 AM
link   
cool rock

ok, it may be a ufo...I can see the similar structure to that of your classic b-movie flying saucer, however, until its sourced so verification can take place, then frankly, it could be a photoshop, or a picture in some guys back garden...so...going with the natural and explainable due to lack of evidence for now with the option to change my mind later

in saying that
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/24fb1b242af2.jpg[/atsimg]
if this guy jumps out in later frames, I am going with a chinese lantern filled with martian swamp gas

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 11:09 AM
link   
How about it is nothing? I haven't seen that one come up yet. Why is it so easy to rule out that it is nothing? Maybe its just there. For no reason. But someone wants to make a reason out of it, when clearly the object doesn't have a purpose. Its just there, in some guys video, on a website you can post anything on. I think that whatever it is, it is nothing. No importance

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by QBSneak000

Ok, I used Adobe Lightroom 3 to try and sharpen the photo up as much as I could.

I truly believe that THIS is the actual orientation of the photo. You can clearly see the horizon line now.

Although I still can't find a good comparison photo on the web yet, IMO this is nothing more than a hoax.

Hey..
good job.. imho after viewing this I think I'm convinced it is hoax bin material.. after everything I've read on this thread, even Phage pointing out they aren't from any of the cams (even through the pointless 3 page symetrical nonsense), this definantly changes my mind.. good job QB

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by grey580
I have one of those.
It's in my microwave. I use it to cover food in the microwave so it doesn't splatter all over. lol

Jeez folks it's a rock. Not aliens having a picnic.

Look this is a really funny post because I had that before too I know what you're talking about lol. But people, the question is if this is a hoax or not. It is not a damn rock, it's not natural. It's obvious it's not natural give me a break. The real question is if this is a hoax.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join