It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

6.8 Quake, 50cm tsunami heading towards Miaggi/Fukushima

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 01:22 AM
link   
reply to post by ThousandIslandSunny

I'm sure your nerves have to be frayed beyond the last end Sunny. I did not mean to belittle what you (or anyone in your country) are currently and have continued to go through in any way whatsoever.

6.5 is indeed a substantial quake, and many but the best-engineered buildings would succumb to further deterioration.

I only wanted to put the current tsunami (after all, in people's minds it's the wave that did the greatest majority of the destruction) in perspective.

I am glad to see you have not abandoned these forums all together and know that not all Americans are uncaring louts who cannot see beyond their own gut...

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 01:22 AM
link   
reply to post by XplanetX

I'm pretty sure Mercury is aligned as well.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 01:23 AM
link   
Must be SO easy to sound so glib and dismissive of danger from out there in Indiana...Good for you.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 01:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by hadriana
www.jma.go.jp...

It looks like a smaller tsunami according to this.

click on this link hadriana has a good site

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 01:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by SpreadLoveNotHate
reply to post by XplanetX

I'm pretty sure Mercury is aligned as well.

Dude, didn't you hear? Mercury exploded in April

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 01:25 AM
link   

was just stating the facts by the way i live next door to gary ever hear of it not so happy and glib if not look it up

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 01:27 AM
link   
I thought when it hit that perhaps someone else would put it up here, but as they didnt thought it would be best I did, so those who watch those nuke plants could keep an eye out.

Im sure we all are scared of what could happen if a tsunami did hit those again, or an earthquake brought it all tumbling down.

I was just trying to do my bit. I have no idea why I bother.

People who have never had to grab their kids for the umpteenth time and get them under a table, while wondering if the quake is going to stop, or get worse, if a tsunami is going to knock down Fukushima and nuke us all have no right to sound so dismissive of the danger or the stresses people in Japan are living under. Myself included.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 01:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by BGbeauregard
reply to post by summer5

I'm still only picking up the 6.5 Could you show me info on the other quake? I have one listed at 6.2 a couple of hours earlier in the Fiji region, but that was at a depth of over 400km.

Sure, ,,,here you go:

Friday August 19 2011, 05:36:32 UTC 43 minutes ago near the east coast of Honshu, Japan 6.539.1 Detail
Friday August 19 2011, 05:26:33 UTC 53 minutes ago Northern California 2.1 1.9 Detail
Friday August 19 2011, 05:25:25 UTC 54 minutes ago Alaska Peninsula 1.1 4.5 Detail
Friday August 19 2011, 05:11:36 UTC 68 minutes ago Central Alaska 1.1 8.7 Detail
Friday August 19 2011, 05:01:45 UTC 78 minutes ago Andreanof Islands, Aleutian Islands, Alaska 2.4 33.8 Detail
Friday August 19 2011, 04:51:03 UTC 89 minutes ago eastern Honshu, Japan 4.6 32.7 Detail
Friday August 19 2011, 04:30:55 UTC 109 minutes ago Central Alaska 1.8 36.8 Detail
Friday August 19 2011, 04:25:36 UTC 114 minutes ago Northern California 1.0 2.9 Detail
Friday August 19 2011, 03:58:16 UTC 2 hours ago Southern California 1.1 9.1 Detail
Friday August 19 2011, 03:54:27 UTC 2 hours ago Fiji region 6.2 413.2 Detail

link: quakes.globalincidentmap.com...

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 01:28 AM
link   
cp.pdc.org...

That looks to me like they've basically cancelled the tsunami.

We love, love, LOVE Japan around here.
And I probably worry about it all more than I should. The main stream news never covers it, and I think my friends think I am insane.

We don't have earthquakes where I live - one, once, and that was a really weird thing - but we have tornadoes.
I think we know what it's like to have to run for cover.
edit on 19-8-2011 by hadriana because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 01:28 AM
link   
Ild swap with you any day of the week, ghetto or whatever. Anything is better than living in the shadow of nuclear meltdown and with quakes happening so regularly. Be grateful you are an American, and dont try and pretend you are disadvantaged,. You are one of the luckiest people in the world to live where you do.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 01:29 AM
link   
Looks like its over:

Issued at 15:15 JST 19 Aug 2011

Tsunami Warnings and/or Advisories have been cancelled.

*******************Text********************
Tsunami Advisories have been cancelled for the following coastal regions of Japan:
MIYAGI PREF.
FUKUSHIMA PREF.
The above-mentioned Tsunami Warnings/Advisories have been cancelled.

*******Tsunami Warning/Advisory now in effect********
No Tsunami Warnings and Advisories are currently in effect.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 01:30 AM
link   
reply to post by summer5

Thanks Summer, but as I understand it, a 6.2 earthquake at such a depth as over 400km shouldn't cause tsunamis. I could be wrong though.

link   
not trying to bash you thousandisland just converted 50cm into inches pretty quick
good looking out though

link   
If I were in Japan, I'd leave if I could.
That Fukushima stuff scares the debil out of me.
It scares me being half a world away. I might try to swim for it actually. It horrifies me.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 01:31 AM
link   
Im glad that Japan's reputation has not been totally destroyed Hadriana, and that there are some people who still care outside of Japan.

Right, it seems to be over for now. So Ill disappear again!

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 01:32 AM
link   
reply to post by BGbeauregard

Well that's the stuff I don't know about. I know how much 50cm is. How far inland that translates too though, and how depth, strength and type of earthquake affects it though, I have no idea.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 01:32 AM
link   
Ed, that flipping quake just shook me, and my apartment, and sent me pushing my kids under the table. I was not 'looking out', I didnt need to, it just scared the daylights out of me since I live in an area that just got shook.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 01:36 AM
link   
reply to post by hadriana

Well, I believe the 50cm warning (which is now cancelled) was given from the 6.5 that occured at the depth of 39km. The other quake that happened earlier in the Fiji region was a 6.2, but because it was so deep (over 400km), I don't think it would produce a tsunami. That's over 200 miles deep.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 01:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by ThousandIslandSunny
Im glad that Japan's reputation has not been totally destroyed Hadriana, and that there are some people who still care outside of Japan.

Right, it seems to be over for now. So Ill disappear again!

Good grief. Can't you give it a rest, just for a minute? Nobody hates you, except maybe your constant attacking people who mean you no harm whatsoever. You're as prickly as a porcupine.

Anyhow, glad everyone is well! Given any more thought to leaving Japan or do you still believe that the radiation is nothing to worry about?

Does anyone have any damage reports yet?

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 01:42 AM
link   

Stay safe Sunny! My thoughts are with you.

Time for me to get some sleep. I'll look for updates when I awake.

Good night all.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join