It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mercury was destroyed!! I kid you not...

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 03:47 PM
link   
If no one has yet- I'd like to be the first to take credit for blowing up Mercury. And, I will follow up by blowing up other irrelevant planets if my demands are not met. I would like some money. If everyone here sends me five bucks, that will probably be enough to save a world some where. Just think, for the price of a value meal, you could prevent disaster in the cosmos!

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 04:16 PM
link   
I think I found our culprits!
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/91328af94b0b.jpg[/atsimg]
That last one is the hardest to destroy.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 04:20 PM
link   
reply to post by CastleMadeOfSand

Oh my god, what are those?

They are obviously not satellites - and their formation is triangular.

Can we get someone to find the exact location to which they are residing?

Star for the great find.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by heineken
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/ba4c62b4af19.jpg[/atsimg]

+1 LMAO on this one!

Seriously though, if they (still always gotta wonder who 'they' are) say that the stars that we do see at night are no longer there (as the light from them are finally getting to us now), then who's to say that any of the planets that we see in the sky at night, morning, dusk, etc. are not there either? Because they tell us their there?

Unless I get to see the evidence myself, by actually going there and physically seeing these things with my own to optical eyes, I vote we're not seeing anything but hole punches in the sky from a very large cosmic black blanket.

Of course, I'm merely human and very skeptical to what 'they' tell me.

/end sarcasm

This was a very great thread and I throughly enjoyed reading! Thank you for the great laugh today, I really needed it!

And I agree that the OP coming back and saying that he/she was wrong, took great courage and that is very rare for people to actually do that kind of thing, so I applaude him/her for that!

edit on 8.19.2011 by cosmicspace because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 04:57 PM
link   
Gee, you would think some random guy with a telescope would have noticed a whole planet missing by now....

This would not be possible to hide because of all the dime store amateur astronomers out there. Hell, I could go to the store and buy a telescope right now.

You can to.

This is very easy to prove or disprove.Anyone with a telescope,tonight, go outside, take a look where Mercury is supposed to be....

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 05:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Ghost375

Or it's just in the dark circle blocking the sun's body....

Yea. Not much of a mystery here.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 05:36 PM
link   
Generally you don't need to debunk this stuff.... you just look at the heading and go..."Here's another one for the white coat brigade!"

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by ColoradoJens
reply to post by heineken
No way man! I thought I saw a flash in the sky last night! It MUST be what I saw! Cool! Mercury blew up!

If you were looking up at the night sky, there is no way you were looking at Mercury. From our vantage point, Mercury is always in the direction of the Sun because it is so close. You can't look at Mercury without looking also at the Sun.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by doctornamtab
Oh my. I saw something in the Colorado sky last night too!! It looked like a white, sizzly flash that came down from the sky. It was bright, then dimmed out and flared up again for a second before it went out completely.

It almost looked like a firework (this may be what it was) but my friend and I didnt think so. Something was off a little.

What'd you see Jen?

That sounds a lot like some decent sized meteors burning up in the atmosphere to me.

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 08:45 AM
link   
This thread speaks to the very nature of learning.

It is how Kepler became Kepler.

We have to have patience for those a bit less along the paths we have trod.

I say kudos to the OP for having the curiosity to look, and the humility to admit when their conclusions were proved wrong.

Ever think of going to Washington, OP?

We could really use someone with your mettle up there.

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 08:57 AM
link   
wow...that's really funny cause i have a big telescope in the back yard and i was observing Mercury just this morning. in fact, it's up right now. it came above the horizon here at 6:08 a.m. and will transit the sky until 7:13 p.m.

of course it could just be a simulation...sort of like a video of a youtube video.

just sayin...
edit on 20-8-2011 by lkpuede because: adf

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 09:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Saint Exupery

I respect the planet conjunction and all, but how can Mercury be seen at night? Mercury is the closest planetary body to the sun. We should never be able to see it at night on earth. Right? Seems like it goes as the sun goes.

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 09:11 AM
link   
Good it was a horrible rock, a complete stain on our solar system, tax payers money well spent for a change,

Good work secret space fleet we salute you

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 09:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by maudlin
If no one has yet- I'd like to be the first to take credit for blowing up Mercury. And, I will follow up by blowing up other irrelevant planets if my demands are not met. I would like some money. If everyone here sends me five bucks, that will probably be enough to save a world some where. Just think, for the price of a value meal, you could prevent disaster in the cosmos!

lmao

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 09:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by ticklemytweeder

I respect the planet conjunction and all, but how can Mercury be seen at night? Mercury is the closest planetary body to the sun. We should never be able to see it at night on earth. Right? Seems like it goes as the sun goes.

are you seriously asking that question? welp...when the sun is below the horizon, and therefore not flooding the atmosphere with light, other planets are visible. here in new mexico, when the sun is still below the horizon but throwing light onto the planets, they are visible. in fact, from here, at dawn, you can see all the planets lined up like a string of pearls...with the naked eye. contrary to popular belief, when the planets align, it doesn't cause earthquakes. they are aligned over new mexico at least once a month...and i still ain't heard of any earthquakes in albuquerque, rio rancho, santo domingo, santa fe, or anywhere else for that matter.

just sayin...

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 09:51 AM
link   
Alright! Alright!

I admit it I took Mercury.

Can I just play with it for a bit longer?

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by DivineIntervention

Originally posted by Ghost375
reply to post by baddmove

Yes, but that doesn't explain why it isn't on SOHO right now, or rather in the past few days.
I know for a fact Mercury is supposed to be in line with Earth the sun and Venus right now...So we should be able to see it go through the video in the days preceding today...specifically August 13th like the schedule says...
It doesn't ever appear...

Plus, isn't it possible NASA was forced to edit the footage? I mean they clearly took one of the days out..why couldn't they just copy and paste Mercury's image there?

NASA has a reputation of being horrible at photo shopping.

ROFLMAO

2nd

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 10:11 AM
link   
Threads like this destroys ATS reputation. Why do people post such funny posts without confirming?

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 10:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ghost375
I'm sorry, folks. I found out the truth. This you tube video explains it all, well except the missing footage but that's a moot point now.

Ooops. stupid me.
Summary, when Mercury is at the bottom of its ecliptic, it is not nearly as bright when it is on the Earth side of the sun. But when it is above the ecliptic, it can still appear pretty close to its normal brightness, which explains why it appears so bright on April 2nd. . Mercury right now is very small, you can see it in the bottom left corner of the current SOHO video. It comes in right at august 13th like scheduled.

sorry again.

To the person above me...not quite sure what you got circled there but it's not mercury.

Bless yer little cotton socks.

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by ticklemytweeder

It may be the closest planet to the Sun, but it is still far enough away to be able to be seen just before sunrise or just after sunset (depending on its orbital location).

Currently it is at about the "2 o'clock" position relative to the Sun, and just on the edge of being too close to the Sun to be seen, but is still just able to be seen with the naked eye, as long as it's very clear dry air, and you know where to look. vVry clean and dry air makes for a darker sky at sunrise. During other times, Mercury is farther from the Sun (from our viewpoint), and it is much easier to see -- although still only visible just before sunrise or just after sunset.

Don't forget -- the existence of Mercury has been known since ancient times, way before the invention of the telescope, which was only invented in the 1600s. The ancient Greeks would see Mercury sometimes at sunrise, and other times at sunset, so they thought it was two different planets -- they couldn't track it's apparent motion, because the Sun would often get in the way of that apparent motion viewed from Earth.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join