It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mercury was destroyed!! I kid you not...

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by doyouremember
reply to post by Ghost375

www.godlikeproductions.com..." target="_blank" class="postlink" rel="nofollow">LINK

I googled "planet mercury missing" and ended up in the godlikeproductions forum reading about a guy who was told by an alien (in april of '09) that the planet mercury will soon be gone.

Well, that settles it then doesn't it? I'd like to add that after smashing into Mercury, Venus is now bouncing in perpetual motion between the sun and the moon. Sort of a galactic ping pong match...sooner or later Venus is going to miss one or the other and simply be flung into deep space. FACT.

CJ
edit on 19-8-2011 by ColoradoJens because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 11:37 AM
link   
I think he's on to something.

Scientists just announced they created bugs that can eat Mercury:

www.independent.co.uk/environment/mercuryloving-bugs-speed-help-for-toxic-spills-2339787.html

And the WORLD is forcing the United States to quit using Mercury in Vaccines:

www.prnewswire.com...

Mercury's gone.....ohh the planet....I don't know about that. Never cared for the planet anyways.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 11:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Pervius

I agree. Who needs planets anyway, right? Stupid planets.

CJ

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Pervius
I think he's on to something.

Scientists just announced they created bugs that can eat Mercury:
www.independent.co.uk...

Not to go off topic (although I think this thread has run its course, because obviously the planet Mercury is NOT gone) but...

...Once those mercury-eating bacteria mentioned in that article do their thing and clean up the toxic mercury spill, how then do people THEN clean up all of those bacterium with their bellies full of mercury?

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 11:50 AM
link   
Just reading the title of this thread sums up why I don't come on ATS as much as I did when I first joined and it wasn't that long ago either. And its not because I live on Mercury

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 12:35 PM
link   
Cool of you to come back and correct your mistake, that takes a real man or woman lol. Don't worry about others being rude, you made a mistake and you came and fixed it. You're human, it's why they have erasers at the end of pencils. I'm sure next time you will become a lot more less naive about believing wild claims and do tons more research. Don't let others fear you into not posting again if you find any other useful information in the future. Just make sure you do a lot of research, take care

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 12:57 PM
link   
little do all of you realise how much you actually contributed to a non-researched thread, heres a little advice for next time for all you clowns claiming you cant believe Anything like this would ever contaminate your precious website, i-g-n-o-r-e i-t , now im sure the op believes he did something noble by being so dilligent

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 01:15 PM
link   
reply to post by doyouremember

I googled "planet mercury missing" and ended up in the godlikeproductions forum reading about a guy who was told by an alien (in april of '09) that the planet mercury will soon be gone.

Hey my alien told me a few years ago to buy Lehman Bros. stock, and I would never go wrong. I wish he would come back, I'm living in a tent now and don't have any access to the internet anymore. Why I oughta... Those damn Aliens!

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 01:25 PM
link   
Skunkworks.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 01:48 PM
link   
Mercury is right where it should be. Here's the LASCO3 image overlaid with the view of SOHO as seen from my copy of Starry Night Pro. As you can see, it all lines up, and Mercury is in the picture.

Why is so dim? Because it's between the sun and Earth right now, so the side of the planet we can't see is being illuminated. In the images from April, Mercury was on the other side of the sun from the Earth, so we were seeing the face of the planet that was completely illuminated by the sun, making it very bright.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 01:56 PM
link   
Why is it that a thread like this does not get the hoax label or
get directly removed from the site when it is clearly wrong?

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 02:32 PM
link   
Ok yeah, Mercury.

Recorded observations of Mercury date back to at least the first millennium BC. Before the 4th century BC, Greek astronomers believed the planet to be two separate objects: one visible only at sunrise, which they called Apollo; the other visible only at sunset, which they called Hermes.[16] The English name for the planet comes from the Romans, who named it after the Roman god Mercury, which they equated with the Greek Hermes (Ἑρμῆς). The astronomical symbol for Mercury is a stylized version of Hermes' caduceus.

As you can see it doesn't take NASA telescopes to view Mercury as there were no telescopes prior to 1608 according to any surviving records. But Mercury has been observed for many thousands of years by many cultures.

telescope wiki
Mercury planet wiki

I am sorry folks but this is just one of those super obvious things and would be EASILY proved.

I haven't seen any proof of this. I am extremely skeptical due to the lack of corresponding evidence.

I would have to say this is a hoax, it sure looks like one.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lil Drummerboy
Why is it that a thread like this does not get the hoax label or
get directly removed from the site when it is clearly wrong?

Maybe they outside looking for it in their telescope as we speak.

But yeah, I'm putting my $$$ on hoax too.

If it's real, it would be super easy to prove.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Great so the Death Star is fully operational I take it

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ghost375
I'm sorry, folks. I found out the truth. This you tube video explains it all, well except the missing footage but that's a moot point now.

Ooops. stupid me.
Summary, when Mercury is at the bottom of its ecliptic, it is not nearly as bright when it is on the Earth side of the sun. But when it is above the ecliptic, it can still appear pretty close to its normal brightness, which explains why it appears so bright on April 2nd. . Mercury right now is very small, you can see it in the bottom left corner of the current SOHO video. It comes in right at august 13th like scheduled.

sorry again.

To the person above me...not quite sure what you got circled there but it's not mercury.

It's okay... we all make mistakes. Some people seem to forget that and are only interested in making smug comments when honest people are just seeking answers to questions that are pondering inside their heads.

I S&F you just for dealing with the ignorant just to reach a sound conclusion...

I'm glad someone was able to point you in the right direction and not everyone was so down right rude. I guess people forget that forums are for getting answers and not a school yard to pick fights.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 02:51 PM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

I fell for a hoax

I explain why it's a hoax on page 2 of this thread, and linked to a youtube video that explains it in video form so you can see for yourself.

nevermind, someone quoted the post right above me..
edit on 19-8-2011 by Ghost375 because: nvm

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 03:18 PM
link   
Sorry... Mercury can be seen in the video, traversing from left to right. On about Aug 17, Earth, Venus, Mercury, and Earth (therefore SOHO satellite as well) came into near perfect alignment. Venus is travelling from right to left on the far side of the sun, and appears very brilliant. At approximately 3:50 of the "better video" you can see Mercury enter the view at the bottom left edge. It is very dim, but you can tell it is not a star because it moves left to right at a more rapid rate than the background stars. Mercury is very faint because it is very small, but more importantly, it is between the Earth and sun. So, you can compare the brightness of Venus vs Mercury much like you would compare the brightness of a full moon vs new moon.

Please think about these things and make sure you have explored all possibilities before making such an outrageous post/claim.

Edit: Yea, what the guy 2 posts above me said...
edit on 19-8-2011 by TomServo because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 03:25 PM
link   
To bad Earth hasn't disappeared yet, with all the mindless sheep walking around.. I cant take another minute of some chick talking about last nights episode of jersey shore.. Or guys that are always trying to establish themselves as the alpha male, with there tapout shirt on, raised F-350, and sleeved tattoos.. F'n D-bags..

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 03:43 PM
link   

What do you mean Mercury was destroyed? But..but.. whhhhhaaat?

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 03:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Swills

Has it been un-destroyed yet?

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join