It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dan Aykroyd on UFOs

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 11:11 PM
link   
This is old news I guess, but I just say for the first time Dan Aykroyd "Unplugged on UFOs". First off he never pegged me for a UFO kinda guy, but he really seemed like he knew what he was talking about. I mean this is a Hollywood star, yet he didn't seem to care at all about his image(not that he should). Aside from this, what I found very interesting was that he evidently hosted a show on the sci-fi channel, I believe it was called "Out there". Yes I can find no record of this show on the syfy site anywhere. Does anybody know where on the net I can find it? He claimed that the day it was cancelled he was on the phone with Britney Spears (who is probably an alien, jk couldn't help it), he saw a black SUV during his conversation outside of his studio, i imagine he was taking a smoke break since he tends to smoke like a freight train. He claims in the blink of an eye the vehicle was there and then it was gone, moments later he found out his show was cancelled. Can't help but wonder if he was on to something, or what the case could have been. I find it hard to believe that SyFy would cancel such a show, they seem to have a hard time getting credible actors as it is. He also told a story of a night he woke up with an urge to go outside, but he didn't. The next morning hundreds of people had the exact same urge, and there were military reports of an object in the sky with of course, a cheesy explanation for those that had seen it. I always liked Dan's work, but this is a new side of him to me and i'd really like to see more on this if anybody can point me in the right direction. For those of you who haven't seen this documentary, I streamed it off Netflix so it can be seen there.
edit on 18-8-2011 by JonStone because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 11:18 PM
link   
Here ya go...
Dan Akroyd Unplugged

Still waiting to see whats up with the O'hare DVD he was supposed to release, and which (conspiracy alert) he's apparently been silenced on...

edit on 18-8-2011 by Toxicsurf because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 11:23 PM
link   
Thanks, but thats the one I just got done watching. In it, he speaks of another show he hosted on scifi which was cancelled. From what I can find on google, it was called "Out there" but thats all I was able to find. The one on SyFy, which was cancelled is the one i'm after.
edit on 18-8-2011 by JonStone because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 11:30 PM
link   
reply to post by JonStone

I like Dan Aykroyd...and I am glad he came forward. As for the mysterious (black vehicle).... you know the movie titled "the men in black"...I think perhaps that whoever was inside that van...are the real life versions.

Here is an interesting link I found about Dan.

www....(nolink)/dan-aykroyd-ufo-expert/

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 11:34 PM
link   
Wow, now you got my interest. Will have to look for this Larry King episode as well. Wouldn't happen to have it handy would you?

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 11:45 PM
link   
ya it shows him smoking like a bloody chimney but it aint show the bottle of jack daniels he keeps in his pocket

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 12:00 AM
link   
I'm pretty sure the Dan Akyroid doc is still streaming...
I wasn't overly impressed with the content though.

Hell of a first post after lurking for 6 months!

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 12:25 AM
link   
I'm pretty sure i've posted on and off upon finding something of interest.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 12:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by therealcatman
ya it shows him smoking like a bloody chimney but it aint show the bottle of jack daniels he keeps in his pocket

Really? He also keeps a police badge, if I remember correctly. Dan is another with Asperger's Syndrome. You'd be surprised how many there are.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 03:36 AM
link   
Looks like he has a mild care of Asperger's Syndrome. Didn't know that, interesting.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 01:54 PM
link   
Wasn't that the program where he claimed he had telepathic [dream] contact with a UFO?

Not exactly. He probably was channeling some 'Ghostbusters' scriptwriter.

www.jamesoberg.com...

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 02:28 PM
link   
If my memorey serves me...Dan also produced ( with his son, I think....) a show ,pre x files, that had a team of scientists that were called out to investigate odd events.
I might be wrong, been quite a few years.

Also doesn't Dan or Speilberg, or lucs have one of the largest collections of supposed "Alien Implants" in the world?

Seems like Hollywood has more than a passing intrest in the extraterrestrial

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by BadNinja68
Seems like Hollywood has more than a passing intrest in the extraterrestrial

Don't forget, it may be because they are professional make-believers who seek target audiences easy to persuade of anything. The best actors are those who start by convincing themselves their scripts are reality. Look at their beliefs regarding medical miracles and oriental house alignment rules.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 02:45 PM
link   
Where is this guy now?

That video is ancient.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 07:11 PM
link   
He's still active on SNL isn't he?

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 08:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by JonStone
He's still active on SNL isn't he?

Anybody want to read and comment on my link about his delusional 'UFO dream contact' personal story?

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 12:18 PM
link   
reply to post by JonStone

The show was called Psi Factor but their website is breif on information other than the show ran from 1996-2000.

new topics

top topics

join