It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

We have not made contact.. Aliens do not exist..

page: 9
36
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rekrul
so OP your just going to ignore the responses SETI has gotten from alien life? heres a wiki link, you can check out all the websites connected. even go to seti.com and check it out for yourself. you are being just as ignorant, and hypocritical as the people claiming ET life exists. i hate to break it to you but there is more of a chance we were contacted by ETs rather than divine intervention. yes thats right your god is Extra terrestrial.

wow! signal
edit on 19-8-2011 by Rekrul because: (no reason given)


I going to ignore your avatar because what I will post you will probably..well not probably..I know you will not accept.
Looked to me as if you just skimmed through it and skipped what you did not like.
I'm also going to ignore the fact that it was just edited yesterday. It would not surprise me if someone changed it to fit their needs..Wouldn't be a first.



It lasted for the full 72-second duration that Big Ear observed it, but has not been detected again. Much attention has been focused on it in the media when talking about SETI results.




The signal was expected to appear three minutes apart in each of the horns, but this did not happen.[5] Ehman unsuccessfully looked for recurrences of the signal using Big Ear in the months after the detection.[6]

In 1987 and 1989, Robert Gray searched for the event using the META array at Oak Ridge Observatory, but did not re-detect it.[6]

In a July 1995 test of signal detection software to be used in its upcoming Project Argus search, SETI League executive director H. Paul Shuch made several drift-scan observations of the 'Wow' signal's coordinates with a 12 meter radio telescope at the National Radio Astronomy Observatory, Green Bank WV, also achieving a null result.

In 1995 and 1996, Gray also searched for the signal using the Very Large Array, which is significantly more sensitive than Big Ear.[6]

Gray and Dr. Simon Ellingsen later searched for recurrences of the event in 1999 using the 26m radio telescope at the University of Tasmania's Mount Pleasant Radio Observatory.[7] Six 14-hour observations were made at positions in the vicinity, but did not detect anything similar to the Wow! signal




Ehman has stated his doubts that the signal is of intelligent extraterrestrial origin: "We should have seen it again when we looked for it 50 times. Something suggests it was an Earth-sourced signal that simply got reflected off a piece of space debris."[8]

He later recanted his skepticism somewhat, after further research showed an Earth-borne signal to be very unlikely, due to the requirements of a space-borne reflector being bound to certain unrealistic requirements to sufficiently explain the nature of the signal.[9] Also, the 1420 MHz signal is problematic in itself in that it is "protected spectrum": it is bandwidth in which terrestrial transmitters are forbidden to transmit.[10][11] In his most recent writings, Ehman resists "drawing vast conclusions from half-vast data" -- acknowledging the possibility that the source may have been military in nature or otherwise may have been a production of Earth-bound humans.

Never heard from again despite many attempts.

Doubts it was extraterrestrial origin

Oops.. Not alien Related... sorry..

it was not "lizardman".
edit on 19-8-2011 by Explanation because: (no reason given)

edit on 19-8-2011 by Explanation because: (no reason given)




posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 12:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Explanation
 


+1 for shock value.



posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 12:29 PM
link   
reply to post by KingJames1337
 



Because they need funding and for them to stay relevant they usually tend to make BS stories just so the gov't can support their operation.



posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by truthrising2012
reply to post by KingJames1337
 



Because they need funding and for them to stay relevant they usually tend to make BS stories just so the gov't can support their operation.


They do not need funding, seeing as how they have been closed down.



posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by SmArTbEaTz
reply to post by Explanation
 


NEWS FLASH!!!!

The earth is really flat too...



edit on 19-8-2011 by SmArTbEaTz because: (no reason given)

shame that we can actually PROVE that it's not....

you tried though.
so..yeah.
Still waiting for something that PROVES intelligent aliens exist.

No Interviews, No Books, No TV shows. Prove that aliens actually exist.



posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 12:33 PM
link   
reply to post by ldyserenity
 


Maybe that's why they were that desperate...



posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 12:34 PM
link   
reply to post by truthrising2012
 


Maybe... or maybe the scientists aren't even NASA scientist to begin with.



posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 12:35 PM
link   
reply to post by truthrising2012
 


Alright they might want to stay relevant but the claim of Building blocks of alien DNA cannot be denied.

And look at this quote

"A preemptive strike would be particularly likely in the early phases of our expansion because a civilisation may become increasingly difficult to destroy as it continues to expand. Humanity may just now be entering the period in which its rapid civilisational expansion could be detected by an ETI because our expansion is changing the composition of the Earth's atmosphere, via greenhouse gas emissions," the report states.

Sounds more like we are becoming too powerful it is time to control our advancement.

edit on 19-8-2011 by KingJames1337 because: (no reason given)



posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Explanation

Originally posted by SmArTbEaTz
reply to post by Explanation
 


NEWS FLASH!!!!

The earth is really flat too...



edit on 19-8-2011 by SmArTbEaTz because: (no reason given)

shame that we can actually PROVE that it's not....

you tried though.
so..yeah.
Still waiting for something that PROVES intelligent aliens exist.

No Interviews, No Books, No TV shows. Prove that aliens actually exist.


So,i'm guessing you're an skeptic?

One question.
Why are you here on this forum?

I read your posts and realized you're not here searching for the answers,so what the hell are you doing here?

edit on 19-8-2011 by Nikola014 because: (no reason given)



posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 12:38 PM
link   
reply to post by ldyserenity
 


I highly doubt they're even scientists to begin with..



posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 12:38 PM
link   
Good Grief,,,,,I wish there was a way to remove stars and flags from Op's posting garbage like this. Anybody with this point of view is gonna have a hard time adjusting to whats coming in the near future. I haven't seen a Alien yet unfortunately.BUT I have seen things in the skies that are completely outside of what humans are capable of ..An before some1 says well our military is years ahead of what the public knows, I'd just like to say the 2 things I've seen in the night sky on different occasions were SOOOOO FAR AHEAD of our Technology that we would have to be a interplanetary species to achieve those speeds/maneuvers...I go to airshows regularly and live right next to Travis Air Force Base so I have a fair amount of viewing experience in Aircraft. An my conclusion is there is things in the skies that are not man made and they are becoming way way more frequent as of late...The ONLY way the things I've seen are Man Made is if they were Holographic Projections on the night sky but even then, I watched both of them travel from Horizon to Horizon with incredible speed and I can't see how they could project something flawlessly at those distances. To the OP, Try night fishing out in The Sierra Nevada's by Lake Almanor facing North East and that might change your view on things..things start happening around 2am..usually I fish Butt Lake behind Lake Almanor and that's where I see the really strange light shows.. To anybody that says wheres the video?? I say I took video 1 time an will not do it again until I have a really really nice camera because I spent 20 minutes recording before. When I got home and watched the video it just looked like every other video on youtube. It basically just looked like some1 moving a laser pointer that changes shape an color rapidly across a black piece of paper...So I erased it, but if you are there in person and can see the mountain backdrop and starry sky and there is this crazy light flying around at amazing speeds changing shape/color while doing impossible maneuvers it will change your mind as to us being alone in this solar system.



posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by KingJames1337
reply to post by truthrising2012
 


Alright they might want to stay relevant but the claim of Building blocks of alien DNA cannot be denied.

And look at this quote

"A preemptive strike would be particularly likely in the early phases of our expansion because a civilisation may become increasingly difficult to destroy as it continues to expand. Humanity may just now be entering the period in which its rapid civilisational expansion could be detected by an ETI because our expansion is changing the composition of the Earth's atmosphere, via greenhouse gas emissions," the report states.

Sounds more like we are becoming too powerful it is time to control our advancement.

edit on 19-8-2011 by KingJames1337 because: (no reason given)


You might want to look up project blue beam....



posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nikola014

Originally posted by Explanation

Originally posted by SmArTbEaTz
reply to post by Explanation
 


NEWS FLASH!!!!

The earth is really flat too...



edit on 19-8-2011 by SmArTbEaTz because: (no reason given)

shame that we can actually PROVE that it's not....

you tried though.
so..yeah.
Still waiting for something that PROVES intelligent aliens exist.

No Interviews, No Books, No TV shows. Prove that aliens actually exist.


So,i'm guessing you're an skeptic?

One question.
Why are you here on this forum?

I read your posts and realized you're not here searching for the answers,so what the hell are you doing here?

edit on 19-8-2011 by Nikola014 because: (no reason given)


Cause I can voice my opinion.
Should I have claimed that I was raped by space aliens last night?
Don't worry, I'm sure someone will post a topic about space brothers and anal probing shortly and it will be ate up gold like the rest.

Once again with a Avatar like the one you have, you don't want to here a opposing view.

Eh....
It's my right to post my thoughts. I don't know if you live in one of those hell hole countries where you can't, but where I live I can post what I want.
edit on 19-8-2011 by Explanation because: (no reason given)



posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Explanation

Originally posted by Rekrul
so OP your just going to ignore the responses SETI has gotten from alien life? heres a wiki link, you can check out all the websites connected. even go to seti.com and check it out for yourself. you are being just as ignorant, and hypocritical as the people claiming ET life exists. i hate to break it to you but there is more of a chance we were contacted by ETs rather than divine intervention. yes thats right your god is Extra terrestrial.

wow! signal
edit on 19-8-2011 by Rekrul because: (no reason given)


I going to ignore your avatar because what I will post you will probably..well not probably..I know you will not accept.
Looked to me as if you just skimmed through it and skipped what you did not like.
I'm also going to ignore the fact that it was just edited yesterday. It would not surprise me if someone changed it to fit their needs..Wouldn't be a first.



It lasted for the full 72-second duration that Big Ear observed it, but has not been detected again. Much attention has been focused on it in the media when talking about SETI results.




The signal was expected to appear three minutes apart in each of the horns, but this did not happen.[5] Ehman unsuccessfully looked for recurrences of the signal using Big Ear in the months after the detection.[6]

In 1987 and 1989, Robert Gray searched for the event using the META array at Oak Ridge Observatory, but did not re-detect it.[6]

In a July 1995 test of signal detection software to be used in its upcoming Project Argus search, SETI League executive director H. Paul Shuch made several drift-scan observations of the 'Wow' signal's coordinates with a 12 meter radio telescope at the National Radio Astronomy Observatory, Green Bank WV, also achieving a null result.

In 1995 and 1996, Gray also searched for the signal using the Very Large Array, which is significantly more sensitive than Big Ear.[6]

Gray and Dr. Simon Ellingsen later searched for recurrences of the event in 1999 using the 26m radio telescope at the University of Tasmania's Mount Pleasant Radio Observatory.[7] Six 14-hour observations were made at positions in the vicinity, but did not detect anything similar to the Wow! signal




Ehman has stated his doubts that the signal is of intelligent extraterrestrial origin: "We should have seen it again when we looked for it 50 times. Something suggests it was an Earth-sourced signal that simply got reflected off a piece of space debris."[8]

He later recanted his skepticism somewhat, after further research showed an Earth-borne signal to be very unlikely, due to the requirements of a space-borne reflector being bound to certain unrealistic requirements to sufficiently explain the nature of the signal.[9] Also, the 1420 MHz signal is problematic in itself in that it is "protected spectrum": it is bandwidth in which terrestrial transmitters are forbidden to transmit.[10][11] In his most recent writings, Ehman resists "drawing vast conclusions from half-vast data" -- acknowledging the possibility that the source may have been military in nature or otherwise may have been a production of Earth-bound humans.

Never heard from again despite many attempts.

Doubts it was extraterrestrial origin

Oops.. Not alien Related... sorry..

it was not "lizardman".
edit on 19-8-2011 by Explanation because: (no reason given)

edit on 19-8-2011 by Explanation because: (no reason given)


Wow those crickets are loud
*Crickets*

A debunked incident, no one wants to come defend it?
WOW.

Next Incident please.



posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by NewsWorthy
Good Grief,,,,,I wish there was a way to remove stars and flags from Op's posting garbage like this.

Well if you read my OP which I doubt you did.
I don't care for stars and Flags.
If someone likes my post they can flag or star it, they can also Unflag it in the future.

Flags and Stars mean nothing to me.
In my opinion it seems children on this site value stars and flags more then others. I'm sure if the whole star/flag system was removed activity would go way down.

I'm sure you probably posted that for stars yourself. Do little stars make you happy honey?
edit on 19-8-2011 by Explanation because: (no reason given)



posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 12:57 PM
link   
reply to post by truthrising2012
 


It just appears we are in trouble Iran wants a nuclear bomb and if they get it THEY WILL USE IT or at least that's how I feel, Ahmadinejad wants for the 12th imam to return and the mollas and Ahmadinejad don't give a quarter of a # about their people, they'll sneak out the back door and Watch as all hell breaks loose and than we'll see if their is a second coming amid a nuclear final battle.



posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 01:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Explanation
 




Oh boy.

i thought this sort of thinking is in the past,well i guess not.


Aliens are very real,a four billion people think like me and i am glad to be in the group of believers.



posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nikola014
reply to post by Explanation
 




Oh boy.

i thought this sort of thinking is in the past,well i guess not.


Aliens are very real,a four billion people think like me and i am glad to be in the group of believers.


Show me your source.
Oh and it better not be a poll of a few thousand people. That you think speak for 4 billion.

Noone has proven that intelligent aliens exist. So hey that's your blind belief.
edit on 19-8-2011 by Explanation because: (no reason given)



posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 01:08 PM
link   
Leave.

2nd



posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by MobSaget
Leave.

2nd


nah.

oh your mood is spelled wrong.


oh you fixed it...
that's good.

edit on 19-8-2011 by Explanation because: (no reason given)



new topics

top topics



 
36
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

log in

join