It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We have not made contact.. Aliens do not exist..

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 01:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Explanation

Unfortunately your OP is just as credible as the "Reptilians are amongst us!" threads.

The honest truth is that there is no thorough, indisputable proof that Aliens have made contact with earth.

There is evidence that there has been alien contact of some form.

That evidence ranges from the common "not credible" to the occasional "highly credible", but none of it reaches the scientific threshold of proof.

In short, absense of evidence is not evidence of absense.

Given the statistical probabilities of life existing elsewhere and prevalance of extra-solar system planets being discovered each year, I think most scientists consider this an open question while at the same time dismissing the vast majority of non-credible claims.

For you to choose an absolutist position is as equally unscientific as those who claim alien presence without proof.

Are you aware that Nasa has an Astrobiology department? Scientists keep an open mind.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Damn now tell us how you really feel. Your opinion is your opinion that's fine but wouldn't you agree there are some strange consistences in our past based on religion.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 01:14 PM
link   
That is one of the dumbest things I have ever read OP, carry on as you will

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Merlin Lawndart
That is one of the dumbest things I have ever read OP, carry on as you will

said by someone who post a hoaxed video in a thread....And couldnt not tell if it was real or fake.
GTFO

sad..sad.sad.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 01:18 PM
link   
About Drakes Equation:
I admit that I didn't go scrolling through all the comments to see if this is addressed, but I'm confused by the statement in the original post of "The Drake Equation has not proven anything." Who has claimed that it does prove anything. From my personal experience/memory (The joys of college. Actually had a class at a major university about "Searching For Life In The Universe"), Drakes Equation is proof that it is almost mathimatically impossible for us to ever have communicated with persons/places/things not on Earth.

Maybe this is what you meant, but the tone of your comment suggested you were rebutting someone saying the equation did prove we're not alone. Did Birnies or Tsoukalos have a new episode of Ancient Aliens recently?

Semi-off Topic:

Originally posted by balon0
Wow be more arrogant please.

To state that human are the most intelligent species in the WHOLE ENTIRE universe is just absurdly arrogant.

Heh, this reminds me of one of my pet peeves with Star Wars. Breaking news! It isn't a documentary.

OK, that I'm kidding about. I do realize it is just a movie/story and only meant for entertainment.

Anyway, quite often you will see people talk about the movies taking place far in the future. The first one that pops into my head is Family Guy saying "A long time ago...but somehow in the future," implying that the only way the movie makes sense, as being technologically superior to current day Earth is if it is our future.

You know, since Family Guy is where I go for all my scientific needs.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 01:20 PM
link   
So Explanation, I'm trying to figure out why you can't have a mature conversation about this, and why you have to sound upset in your posts and speak so condescending to people who have their own opinion. You have no shred of evidence that alien life does not exist. You're right, people lie, and don't you think the same people in our government lie? They have been caught red handed lying about things that have ruined this country in the past, don't you think they would lie about an alien presence. The biggest trick the devil ever played on man was convincing him he did not exist. So what makes ones story less credible than the governments of the world? You have no real basis for your argument other than, "Aliens don't exist, because there is no proof" Sorry buddy, but I don't think you're exactly on the in with NSA, or CIA, or NASA at all, so really, it's just your opinion, and we all know what opinions are like, except yours has not been wiped in a long time. So go ahead and put your big boy pants on and drop the sarcasm and participate in an adult conversation about this. And, in fact this really has nothing to do with UFO's or aliens, its just your sorry excuse for an opinion that belongs in the rant section. I'm not saying aliens exist or not, there are some very strange things out there, but your numbers on percentages are way off, it is actually up to 20% of UFO cases that get classified as unknown, so ya, you are wrong again, like Phage says in his quote, "get your facts first then you can distort them as you please." (Mark Twain) Do some honest research, don't just post a thread like this without looking into things, it makes you sound real ignorant. We could argue semantics all day, but when it comes down to it, you have no shred of evidence to support what you are claiming..................

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 01:22 PM
link   
Who can flag this thread?!

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 01:22 PM
link   
How old are you OP? Your lack of spelling and proper grammar leads me to believe you are 12 or 13. Your use of "kid" and "honey" also leads me to believe you are 12 or 13 because you are trying to make yourself sound older than you are by looking down on people.
Have we made contact? I don't know. I bet some people have, others haven't. And "The Human Race" doesn't have to make contact for it to be true. Not Everyone has to see an alien for them to "make contact".

And yes, aliens do exist. The math is not in your favor this time sir.

edit on 19-8-2011 by CoSMiC_ChAoS because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 01:23 PM
link   
There is a logical fallacy of the OP's statement. For one he assumes that because we haven't seen or contacted aliens or have a spaceship full of them land on the "White house lawn" as he so eloquently put it, meant there are no aliens. First, how far have we gone as a civilization? HMMMM??? The furthest we have gotten was with machines the furthest man has gotten PHYSICALLY is our moon, whopdie s# ok, so think about that chew on that, There very well is probably another type 0 civilization that is sitting one trillion light years away saying the very same thing with the same intelligence...has that ever occurred to the OP...the fact is several scientnists believe that most of intelligent life self implodes before they reach the point of being able to travel the vast distance to reach any other life giving planet with life forms of intelligence on them. Also some scientists further believe that travel through that vast distance is completely impossible, so even if you reached a type 5 civilization you'd still not be able to get to someone else through trillions of light years away because it simply can not physically be done. No matter how advanced you are and most laws of physics support that we will never reach the outer reaches of the universe, even if humanity stayed around for a few bizillion years!

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nikola014

apparently people who disagree with you, and know there is no legit proof of ET....
edit on 19-8-2011 by Explanation because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 01:25 PM
link   
reply to post by CoSMiC_ChAoS

his grammar is off, his math is off, he does not know how to do his research, so basically..........ya, ......
EPIC FAIL

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 01:26 PM
link   

ya, but I ask again, where is your proof they don't exist?
Your absolute thinking will be your demise someday.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by gunshooter

his grammar is off, his math is off, he does not know how to do his research, so basically..........ya, ......
EPIC FAIL

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Speaking of Fail.........
GTFO

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 01:28 PM
link   
The more you talk the more people will realize you are a "kid".

GTFO

Yup, lots of mature people say STFU and GTFO out of "my thread".

EPIC FAIL

I'm glad I'm not the only one who realized this! After reading about 4-5 pages of this thread and seeing his Many mistakes, I had to say something. Who can take this "kid" (
) seriously?
edit on 19-8-2011 by CoSMiC_ChAoS because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Explanation

Originally posted by Nikola014

apparently people who disagree with you, and know there is no legit proof of ET....

Think for yourself man.Just think.

Space is so enormous big.There's a trillion trillion trillion trillion trillion trillion stars planets galaxies.

So how can we be alone?

I would be really terrified if i knew we were the only civilization in this enormous big Space.
Wouldn't you?

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 01:30 PM
link   

EPIC FAIL

GTFO

how is this a fail?
please explain yourself other than just blindly attacking

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 01:30 PM
link   

ya, but I ask again, where is your proof they don't exist?
Your absolute thinking will be your demise someday.

I'll post it again since your dial up internet service apparently is apparently not showing all posts.
Or you are having issues reading..

My proof is there is No Proof.
No Picture Of ET
No Picture of his ship
All you believers go is bunch of stories
Bias TV show and Books.
Interviews taken out of context.

yep.. Where is YOUR PROOF other then wishful thinking?
Show me a Space Alien or his ship, that's right you can not.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by NewsWorthy
Good Grief,,,,,I wish there was a way to remove stars and flags from Op's posting garbage like this.

Well if you read my OP which I doubt you did.
I don't care for stars and Flags.
If someone likes my post they can flag or star it, they can also Unflag it in the future.

Flags and Stars mean nothing to me.
In my opinion it seems children on this site value stars and flags more then others. I'm sure if the whole star/flag system was removed activity would go way down.

I'm sure you probably posted that for stars yourself. Do little stars make you happy honey?

Naw I had plenty of them on my old account I don't use anymore...they really don't mean anything to me accept when I'm scrolling through pages of BS they give me a reason to pause and maybe give the posting a second thought..And as far as you wishing the starts an flags go away I could understand why, when you post complete closed minded arguments like this and would like the same attention as somebody who contributes reasonable thought out threads receives...And yes I did read your OP as always... How do you think I commented on what it was about and not about China or something else off topic? Also little stars do make me happy "honey" but not the ones on a computer screen... I wouldn't think you'd understand that though

edit on 19-8-2011 by NewsWorthy because: (no reason given)

edit on 19-8-2011 by NewsWorthy because: forgot a comma

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 01:31 PM
link   
Even if there are any proof of it, how can you clearly say that aliens don`t exist ?

Have you lived through all ages of the universe ? ....Have you been in all planets ? .....

Here are my thoughts on this: Alien Contact - A Matter of Timing, Local, Scale & Interest ?

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 01:33 PM
link   

I'll post it again since your dial up internet service apparently is apparently not showing all posts.
Or you are having issues reading..

My proof is there is No Proof.
No Picture Of ET
No Picture of his ship
All you believers go is bunch of stories
Bias TV show and Books.
Interviews taken out of context.

yep.. Where is YOUR PROOF other then wishful thinking?
Show me a Space Alien or his ship, that's right you can not.

The probability is in our favor of aliens existing. At least 100 billion galaxies and there's no intelligent life? Yeah OK OP!

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join