It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Banning Children.Punishing Children Because Their Parents....

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 08:40 PM
link   
Didn't raise them properly. Look no parent wants to hear that they are not good parents, but banning children is not actually showing parents that its their fault, but making kids think its theirs.

NO child is born bad. No child is born disrespectful.

I am fully aware that over the last generation or so, parents became younger and younger, and decided that they would be their "friends" instead of a parent. This seems like a vicious cycle, but I also think that media had something to do with it, but I dont want to derail into that.

There has to be a dialogue with these parents with out of control children, The excuse "kids are just kids" just doesn't fly, proof of that is that many of us over the age of 30 weren't raised that way.

Kids have plenty of designated places to be kids. Parks, playgrounds, backyards. This should not also include, restaurants, movie theaters, other peoples homes, etc,.

We are letting the media spin this with "People hate kids" campaign. If this happens it will get worse.

Before this gets out of control, we have to make sure that we make fully aware who is at fault. The parents!!

BTW, I am a mother, and my children do NOT act out. There is no need for hitting, or long punishments. Its called follow through, consistency, and just wanting good children, to become good adults.

Peace, NRE.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 08:47 PM
link   
It's hard for a lot of people to swallow, but there are literally mothers out there who are so lazy that they have a child with a guy, break up with him, and collect 18 years of welfare. They don't care about raising their children. All they care about is staying at home, hanging out with their friends, and not doing their fair share in society.

As long as people like this exist in the world, there will always be kids who are messed up due to their upbringing.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 08:59 PM
link   
here is the problem

half ass kids grow up on dysfunctional homes . Once they get older they have there own kids ,

so you have half ass kids having more half ass kids and generation after generation

morals , values, principals , ethics , consideration , empthy , discipline , compassion , care , etc all start to fade more and more

Thats why you see these parents in some situations so inconsiderate and they actually have the audacity to have a self entitilement attitude like nobody else exists around her and her kids.

Its disturbing , wrong , and needs to be addressed

but of course you run into the classic

"don't tell me how to raise my kids"

lol ... if there is a god i wanna ask him why the eff he would make reproduction so easy and any tom dick and harry can come along and have a child

and as for evolutions natural reproduction cycle to pass on genes ... well up evolutions darwin stick! lool

maybe we should have a licence to raise a child properly but that would insult everyones intelligence .... well maybe its about that time

NO I DON"T CARE ABOUT BILLYS PAINTING OF THE SUN AND A DINKY LITTLE HOUSE WITH PUFF PUFF CLOUDS

lool
edit on 18-8-2011 by seedofchucky because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 03:18 AM
link   
See no matter what the discussion is the way the kids are acting is agreed that it has to do with the parent. This has to be conveyed so that this generation of "banned" children understand that the fault lies withing their parents, and they can change themselves in the long run.

BTW, I do NOT blame the mother alone. There are many fathers out there that leave and or abandon their children. Back in the day (not the 1800's or anything), but it was well know that many men left their children, and that women alone had to struggle to raise their kids.

When this happened then, (not now) it seemed acceptable, as the mother would take care of everything. How this all ran a muck is up to the individual.

Peace, NRE.

top topics

join