It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I am legitimately concerned about how it may affect some if nothing happens.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 09:22 PM
link   
reply to post by AceWombat04

There has always been the "THE END IS NIGH" guy, just now he's got a wife.

I think the path of least resistance will be the end result. if the SdHTF then they carry on making plans for the next round. I doubt there will be any drastic mass issues. Might get the odd quack who flips out, but you get that at the best of times.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 09:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ghost375
yes, anyone who threw away their life savings on stockpiles of food, guns, and gold
now hold on a sec there chief..
all three of those items are 100% usable in any situation any time..
Jus sayin
edit on 18-8-2011 by Lil Drummerboy because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 09:28 PM
link   

Wombat, full of compassion. Genuine concern. I hope you can spread that throughout this site. Not that it isn't already present, as I know it is. It just needs to be brought out so it's more prominent. An achievable task with'in your means. I'm sure. A site like this really does have a gigantic potential to the positive. I think some tremendous hieghts are possible, thru people who are willing to be just like you. ATS is my friend, that's for sure.

Fixed . Just click you tube link under video.
edit on 18-8-2011 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 09:39 PM
link   
Honestly, people need to give the human mind a lot more credit especially in this situation. Conspiracy theories will always be implemented in our daily life. People will make excuses and theorize for days on certain things happening because he/she doesn't understand what they might have or have not seen. However in the aspect of how people's mentality will change if nothing ever happens in 2012? It wont change and it's that simple.

Understand that for hundreds of years, theorists and mythologists have been cramming the human brain full of false timelines and dates of occurrences that never happened. We are in retrospect a very young species, however we have been revolutionized to adapt to almost anything the human mind can physically/mentally adapt to. Having a 2012 apocalypse or "ascension" never happening will definitely change how we as people pursue to believe things as quickly and might cause an immense decrease in the trend of "conspiracy theories". Other than that, you wont be seeing anyone on the streets whaling their hands in the air in insanity because 2012 was only a film with John Cusack in it and nothing more.

For the sake of this website prospering, I hope it isn't all a bunch of Bible-fed manipulations.I would be interested to see a lot of people that have debunked this for years actually be debunked themselves.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 10:15 PM
link   
No Matter if you are a 'believer' or not, for many the whole issue of 2012 revolves around Consciousness, and How Consciousness is Changing, will be Changed Greatly due to the 2012 alignment,,, blah blah blah,,, whatever.

Regardless,,, You Must Admit.

IT HAS Changed Consciousness of Many around the World.

Something is UP

and What ever happens,,, we can only hope that it alters how we react/treat/abuse the Earth,,, our Greed,,,$$$$$$

Many are changing to a simplified life because of their belief in what is expected for 2012,, I don't think they will return to Corporate Life.

I won't.

It is about What can be Shared.

and no I am not a Love and Lighter,,, even though I cultivate my own Compassion,,,
because I see how Modern Society belittles and crushes our Love for each other.

2012 is Going to be a Big Event.

In our Hearts and Minds,,, we are Right Now,,, (Yes even you critics/trolls/debunkers/etc) we are Changing the way the World Works.
It might get Ugly,,, Transformation tends to have lots of "Bug Goo" type phases,,, right now here in August 2011 we are transforming the Future by our collective inching towards ''An Event" that we Yearn for,,, the Unity of Mankind.

It might not spring out with Rainbows and colorful Lightshows on Dec 21st 2012,,,,

but I promise you,,,,, Consciousness is changing,,,,

look you are talking about it right now.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 10:23 PM
link   
I guess I should reiterate that I didn't mean some sort of a mass hysteria or mass disillusionment could be nigh. I just meant that there could be certain individuals, specifically right here on ATS, that could benefit from some support if nothing happens. To know they aren't alone if they feel truly disillusioned, etc. Because some people have outright stated that they will be devastated. They may only be a small minority of members, but I think it's something to be mindful of.

I don't want anyone to have to suffer in silence if nothing happens for fear of being shunned by those shouting "I told you so." (Which we can make a reasonable guess will happen at least somewhat. Already in this thread some have said that they essentially deserve what they get for being gullible. Whereas my perception is more one of, "Well, they made a mistake and it cost them dearly in terms of disillusionment. Maybe those who helped reinforce their mistake can support them and be kind to them now that they need it?" assuming nothing happens.)

I don't know. Maybe everyone will be just fine. But some people sure do seem invested in it all. All of their hope and optimism for their future and our future as a species seems wrapped up in specific events that may or may not ever happen.

ATS has a unique capacity to be a place where like minded people can support those feeling disillusioned after something like this, is what I’m getting at. It might be a place people come for answers or solace if nothing happens. And we can serve a role in getting them through it if we choose to. That’s all I’m saying.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 10:25 PM
link   
Well, look at it this way, if the ones who believe something is going to happen end up being right, they won't be able to say "I told you so" and the disbelievers won't have any time to feel disappointed or depressed that they were wrong.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 10:40 PM
link   

I am really impressed with your compassion. Gives me a Lot of Hope just to see you write this thread. Karmic Stars and Flags for you,,, on top of the ATS ones.

I agree with your logic in the folly of being human. We need to do exactly as you say and build a network of Open Ears and Hearts to be there for the 'Great Disappointment" revisited !!

Going to read your Link,,

thanks for starting this thought of compassion,,,
read my post,, you will possibly realize I am right when I say the evidence really points to the ''Fact" that Something is Already Happening.. next year will just be the Cherry on Top.....

Now what the Cherry is,,,,,, well that is still just a Thought Form right now,,,
For it to be "Realized" in Matter in the "Here and Now" of Dec 21st 2012,,, , that is still another question.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 10:42 PM
link   

Good post OP! When I think about this, I determine that a lot of careers will be lost.

Look at all the 2012 hysteria books that have been written.

If there is anything to the theories that people have, the times will get more interesting for sure.

On the other hand, people who may have been successful selling their books at dvd's may be at a sudden loss for careers. Is it possible that all the hype will lead to mass suicides? With jobs as bad as they are, what will these people do then? I'm sure they will find other ways to survive. I can agree that we should be concerned about the possible outcome of all of this.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 11:48 PM
link   
Great thread idea. I have actually pondered this myself of late.

I think that so many are disillusioned, and are hoping for some great transformative event outside of themselves to occur, giving us an earthly reboot per se. My personal beliefs about any approaching events aside, I think that more people need to engage in bringing about change without waiting for an apocalypse to do it for them.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 12:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Open2Truth
My personal beliefs about any approaching events aside, I think that more people need to engage in bringing about change without waiting for an apocalypse to do it for them.

I think you are very correct. Thus my own personal philosophy follows the great Gandhi:

Be the Change You Wish to See in the World.

Amen?
Amen.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 12:24 AM
link   
reply to post by EarthCitizen23

Thus my own personal philosophy follows the great Gandhi: Be the Change You Wish to See in the World.

Very well put, grasshopper.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 05:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by EarthCitizen23

Originally posted by Open2Truth
My personal beliefs about any approaching events aside, I think that more people need to engage in bringing about change without waiting for an apocalypse to do it for them.

I think you are very correct. Thus my own personal philosophy follows the great Gandhi:

Be the Change You Wish to See in the World.

Amen?
Amen.

lol Amen to that

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 05:52 PM
link   
Most replies seem to gravitate towards the section who believe in 2012 and trying to prove something will happen.

What about those who go out of their way to spend an entire day on ATS debunking every 2012 thread and post as possible? How will they be affected if nothing happened too because at the moment, they seem as blinded and ill as those who wholeheartedly believe that something will definitely happen. Will they get help and support too?

Far better to be in the middle and say "well, something may happen, it may not, life is always unpredictable so we can't say for sure until after it happens" in my opinion.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 07:12 PM
link   
reply to post by curious7

I agree. I'm a skeptic, but that means that unless there is proof that nothing will happen, I have to technically remain open-minded to the possibility that something will. Pseudo-skeptics asserting that "nothing will happen" with absolute certitude may end up disappointed, too, or at least surprised, for all I know. But their position seems born of conventional, mainstream, concensus reality, whereas the hardcore believers this topic was written with regard to seem to be placing all of their hopes and optimism - every reason they currently have to feel secure, happy, and fulfilled about their present and their future - into these predictions.

If nothing happens, some of them may be psychologically and existentially devastated, whereas the pseudo-skeptics, if something does happen, will simply be forced to accept the new reality along with the rest of the concensus, mainstream perception. One group derives their hope and faith from the predictions. The other seems to have an attitude of "meh, whatever happens." I think the former would be more detrimentally impacted if their expectations were confounded.

That's my opinion, at least. But yes, absolutely, if those asserting that nothing will or can happen feel disillusioned or shattered if and when something does occur, I would hope they too would receive compassion and support. Why wouldn't I?

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 05:04 AM
link   
I'm more concerned about the people who have ventured off deep into the wilderness in 'preparation', and won't have any idea that nothing has happened. That is going to be an angry bunch of people when they come back to rebuild society, only to realize society is right where they left it.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 05:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by InFriNiTee

Good post OP! When I think about this, I determine that a lot of careers will be lost.

Look at all the 2012 hysteria books that have been written.

If there is anything to the theories that people have, the times will get more interesting for sure.

On the other hand, people who may have been successful selling their books at dvd's may be at a sudden loss for careers. Is it possible that all the hype will lead to mass suicides? With jobs as bad as they are, what will these people do then? I'm sure they will find other ways to survive. I can agree that we should be concerned about the possible outcome of all of this.

Unfortunately careers won't be lost. They will just start writing about the 2020 disaster, assuming they are still around to do it

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 06:33 AM
link   
I personally enjoy research things for Timewave Zero theory and listening to Mckenna. But I know I shouldn't be too much convinced that something will happen. I know I should also prepare for OPTION B: " Nothing significant happens ".
I was a complete skeptic of 2012 until summer 2009, than for a chance I discovered timewave zero and well, my ideas changed.
My discovery came into the year I stopped going to church weekly and I began going to church only for Christmas. I stopped believing in God for a while, now reading M. L. King biography for the whole summer I'm believing in a God that has nothing to do with religions of any kind.

Thanks to the theory I discovered many interesting subjects that changed my way of watching the world and I began being so much interested in history.
I don't think Mckenna was perfect and I don't think there were " stoned apes " or something like that, but WHO KNOWS, maybe one of his theory will be in history someday.

My life continues normally even though I post in timewave threads often...I have my family to care for, I have friends to care for and this will never change.
My life is never boring and I didn 't became interested in this 2012 theory only out of boredom, but out of pure curiosity.

I stopped believing in aliens recently, after understanding that aliens beliefs are similar to those for Zeus...We didn't discover anything, there is nothing to disclose and never there will be. I came to terms that we are most likely the only intellingent species in the universe.

For me, anyway, the doomy part of these years came when Japan catastrophe happened this year. That is bigger than anything we faced before in history. That is enough doomy for me to change many things.

Whne I post about all the hopes I have for 2012 in timewave threads is actually only for the role I have in that thread. But part of me remains attentively skeptic.

We will see. That's the only thing we can do, anyway. It will be interesting. I am more concerned for some hyper-skeptics who I met in here, because they cannot know if Yellowstone decides to erupt in 2012, maybe on that precise day, that is something that no one can say " it will not happen for sure ", because nobody knows.

I am more concerned that , what if something like the mega quake and tsunamis in 2004 happens in 2012 ? People will see major disaster and think " it begun " when nothing began. A 2004 event in 2012 would create more panic than in the years before...
Every small to medium event will become giant in a December 2012 atmosphere.

Anyway, I decided not to be absolutely sure of anything, and than not to be absolutely skeptic about anything too. I will accept my spiritual, metaphisical, philosophical side as much as I will come to terms with my skeptic side. When I was a child I was all into science and things like that.
It was only by age 16 that I started to become more philosophical.

I know, I know, I write in a serious way when I meet skeptics of timewave, because I take it as a challenge. But I also laugh when I see threads about Nibiru, because I think " again? When will come the day they will accept there is no Nibiru in the sky? I hope its before they come out with a Nibiru-based religion " !.

Also, in real life, when for example kids ask me if something will happen in 2012, I ALWAYS say that is BS and false, they shouldn't worry about anything.
I don't accept that small kids or early teenagers will be told that doom is coming in 2012. They shoudln't listen to those claims. I never told about timewave zero to the kids I know. I think its something only for adults.

Because the adults always have a OPTION B ready, instead children may not have that.

When/If nothing will happen, my life will go on as usual. I am not planning to hide anywhere, but I'm still planning things for a real, concrete life to live in the near and far future.
In my real concrete life I am very habitual, I have habits that I wouldn't like to change. My life is plenty of that.

In my real life, I would be far more pissed if some 2012 event makes my favorite magazine un-available or if ever the internet is stopped to be available. That would be more problematic than accepting 2012 is only a generational myth.

I'm more concerned that one day I will have to leave home and leave my amazing shower. That would be trouble

Also, remember , there were prophecies for our year 1492 too:

Year 1492 (MCDXCII) was a leap year starting on Sunday (link will display the full calendar) of the Julian calendar. In Slavonic countries according to old dating "from the creation of the world" it was year 7000, which many thought would become the end of the ancient world, the Apocalypse. With the discovery of The New World, the prognosis was thought to be true.

And we know how big that year was. That is a prophecy that came absolutely true.
edit on 21-8-2011 by Zagari because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 06:42 AM
link   

You can make a legitimate analogy of eschatoligist (end-timers) from 2000 vs eschatoligist from 2012. The Y2K-ers when forced with the fact of the world's continued existance simply ducked their heads in the sand, re-organized their emergency supply closet for long term storage and appeared to go to sleep. The 2012-ers will very likely do the same thing. Don't discourage this. It's embarassing to them when they are wrong. Especially when they have been so vocal throughout. Remember, most eschatologist are devoid of hope for the future. (or have comedy mixed up with tragedy.... lol...) If you want to help someone prepare for the anti-climax that will be january 2013 then teach them to hope again.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 06:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by itsatrap
I wouldnt worry about it too much, they will just make some excuse and pick a new date......

Seconded
I predict one of the following
'The date was right but the calendar was calculated wrong'.
'World disaster has indeed been set in motion - just not in plain sight'
'Extra terrestrials/God intervened'.
'It's happening but in another dimension'

edit on 21-8-2011 by starchild10 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join