It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Life IS Perfect.

page: 11
<< 8  9  10   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 04:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Itisnowagain
reply to post by Black Satin Dancer

Who am i? What do i know?
I am no one.

However, i have offered you the best teachers during this thread and i know that if you watch them and hear them you will see that mind made suffering can be eliminated.
Ultimately it is up to you now. You choose.
I can not stress enough that it is possible, that is why i keep posting videos so you can see that it is not just me that knows this.
Listen to the speakers. Just let the words wash over you. Turn the music off and listen to what these people say and know that they are pointing to the truth.

Namaste.

This is Eckhart Tolle:
youtu.be...
edit on 27-8-2011 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

I do not doubt you that mind made suffering can be eliminated. I never did.
That doesn't mean though, that i think that all suffering which is *perceived* by the mind can be eliminated.
One of the most important jobs of the mind is to detect suffering... at least the way I figure, that is a primary function. However, I also know that one of the minds functions is to work contrary to the current train of thought, an interesting aspect of the mind and why many people who are not crazy think they are but is also the reason for any perceived sanity that exists- the ability to question and reason.

My point is that there are many circumstances where this concept will not be upheld, I feel... and that is where severe suffering is going on, which unfortunately is where this type of thing would be needed most. There is a time when you should see the glass half full even against adversity for the sake of your own happiness, but there is a time when you must acknowledge suffering so that you can cry out against it. The mind was made to acknowledge... to be aware of the experience, and part of the experience is suffering. Progression might make this less of an occurrence (??) but we are still within the station of becoming aware. These are things to *strive for* not things that *are* (elimination of suffering)... so i asked about the person who cannot see any light in any tunnel,because who knows... that information could be useful one day for anyone who might experience something that cannot be helped, which will likely be all of us and the only thing i have come up with so far for the hopeless is to sing your own dirge!... but this thread doesn't seem to approve of that type of complaint.

The line is clearly there to be drawn when this mindset that nothing is suffering ends and the lamenting begins.

I'm just trying to establish where that line is and how it is worked around, dealt with.
Surely you would understand how I thought you may have some thoughts on this.
if you do not, you do not. I still maintain that suffering itself serves a function.

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 04:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by rexusdiablos
The New Age movement was created to lure you into this hippy mentality. The burden of the corruptions and discrepancies of this world rest on your shoulders as much as the next person. You don't get to deflect responsibility by thinking happy thoughts and pretending that the world we live in is not base, perverse and violent.

Actually, what the OP is referring to predates Christ.. so it isn't really "New Age". In a nutshell, the OP is explaining the teachings of the Buddha.

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 04:27 AM
link   
reply to post by BlackSatinDancer

If you take the time to watch the Eckhart Tolle clip i posted you will hear him say that suffering is the cause of the end of suffering. Suffering enough makes one desire the end of suffering so it does have its place.
So i agree.

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 04:32 AM
link   

If you take the time to watch the Eckhart Tolle clip i posted you will hear him say that suffering is the cause of the end of suffering. Suffering enough makes one desire the end of suffering so it does have its place.
So i agree.

What page was that on? Sorry, I'm coming in a little late as you can see from the post above your last one..

Better late than never I suppose.
Thanks.

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 04:35 AM
link   
reply to post by broahes

Last post on page 10.

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 04:47 AM
link   

reply to post by broahes

Last post on page 10.

Thank you. I needed only to look at the post above mine.. forgive my laziness.

And it turns out I had already viewed this in the past, but again thank you. I agree with him 100% by the way. I am going to take the time to read the thread in its entirety before posting any further.. but I couldn't resist posting to that comment on the first page about this being "new age"

peace.

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 04:49 AM
link   

So i agree.

well, I can't say that I have time to watch them all but I will watch that one, because that makes sense to me.
Suffering, in my opinion in this existence is such a huge entity and such a part of all lessons learned that it's almost like happiness is the fruit that the tree that weathered suffering gets to bear... but the path was indeed one of suffering. Is it possible to have the fruit without the tree? Many would probably say no. Many still try for yes.
Who knows? If we were headless bodies running around none of us would, this is true... and if we were bodiless heads sitting around, perhaps we would have no aches to complain about.

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10   >>

join