It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Life IS Perfect.

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 03:39 PM
link   
to think that after all the changes that have been made to improve upon the existing, now we should all of the sudden be complacent with now and call it perfect even though we can concede that nothing is perfect. that in itself is a contradiction. If confusion were mind made, then who should be confused but all of us and about what, all sorts of things. Or you can pretend to completely change human nature instead of improve on anything. Changes are clearly evident. If you do not live for change, what do you even live for? What's the point in even getting out of bed? That's not the type of organism you are. even if it were possible, which it certainly doesn't seem to be, why would you want to turn yourself off to the possibility of improving things around you?
edit on 20-8-2011 by BlackSatinDancer because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 04:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Itisnowagain

You always revert back to the concept of being as a form of explanation. That does not explain how. The universe does work, but how it works is apart of that willing awareness.

Why do we even have the left side of our brain? It is apparently not necessary. Everything it is responsible for gets in the way of being, which is the only point for you am i correct?

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 04:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Black Satin Dancer

You think it is not perfect that is your conclusion, your belief.
To want is to suffer.
If you enjoy suffering then carry on wanting things to be different. I had enough of suffering and i gave it up, does that make it pointless getting out of bed? No, life is joyous. Do you not want to enjoy every moment of your life? Life is amazing when i do not mind. It does not mean action ceases, it is much more efficient when you are present.

The thing is that there is nothing you can do. There is no freewill as such (check wiki for their definition of freewill), the only choice you have is in the now. If you can't locate yourself in the now you will have no power and no happiness.
The human mind is dis - eased. Is your mind happy, content and at peace? It is the mind that causes all the suffering, when the mind is seen for what it is then the world does change.
edit on 21-8-2011 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 04:59 AM
link   
reply to post by juveous

I will try to answer you post but i am finding hard to understand what you are getting at.
Are you a human doing or are you a human being? You 'think' you are a human doing.
Being is being. To be or not to be? That is the question.
You are!!!! To be is delicious, to do is hard graft.
Nothing will explain how it works, it is mystery, but it does work. Intelligence energy is all it is. You are intelligence energy that can not be separated from the entire intelligence energy of the whole universe. Can a dropplet of water control the ocean, or is the droppet going to move when the ocean moves?

Do you have to be willing to be aware? Awareness is. Try and stop it.
No one said that any part of the brain is not needed, left or right. I said watch how the mind (with its one thought at a time appearing in the present moment-the thoughts can not appear any other time) and see what it does, listen to it. The mind is what tortures people, listen to it a bed time when there are no distractions. Turn the tv off and sit in silence, is it possible for the mind to shut up? All the problems in the world are caused by the inability to sit in silence.
No one wants to sit in silence because the mind won't let us.

It is only the mind that says there is something wrong. What is wrong with right now, unless you think about it?
youtu.be...

I hope you find what you are looking for.
Namaste.

Is this man ( Nisargartta Maharaj ) wrong in your opinion?
youtu.be...

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 06:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Itisnowagain
reply to post by Black Satin Dancer

You think it is not perfect that is your conclusion, your belief.
To want is to suffer.
If you enjoy suffering then carry on wanting things to be different. I had enough of suffering and i gave it up, does that make it pointless getting out of bed? No, life is joyous. Do you not want to enjoy every moment of your life? Life is amazing when i do not mind. It does not mean action ceases, it is much more efficient when you are present.

The thing is that there is nothing you can do. There is no freewill as such (check wiki for their definition of freewill), the only choice you have is in the now. If you can't locate yourself in the now you will have no power and no happiness.
The human mind is dis - eased. Is your mind happy, content and at peace? It is the mind that causes all the suffering, when the mind is seen for what it is then the world does change.

I am not primarily discussing my beliefs on perfection here. Sure, I have beliefs but that's not what I am talking about. I'm referring to a direct quote of yours that nothing is perfect. By your own admission, you don't even believe that life is perfect but then you turn around and claim that it is. This has nothing to do with what I believe in this case. We could talk about my personal beliefs on perfection but that is a just a tangent and would only serve to waste time because it is simply a matter of opinion. However, when you directly contradict yourself... even using the exact same words, one has to wonder if even you know what you are trying to say here, cause I think you might have dropped something and now you are just stuck on this same idea and trying to prove it, but that is just ego. I'd try sleeping it off because we all know that that our current perceivable reality is changeable and this is why we react. You claim there "is nothing you can do" while still insisting you have a choice. That makes no sense.

The point you make about wanting and suffering being connected to that is true, but your idea that you can stop that without being catatonic or having some portion of your mind shut down is going against how the very mind operates. What you think you have done is found a new level of thinking, but what you are actually in- is a content mood. It is only your mind telling you that. You say "don't mind"... but it is your own mind telling you that though... that is why you are not making sense. You can't use your brain to tell your brain to stop thinking. It doesn't work that way. action does not simply happen on it's own. It happens by thinking.

You were simply thinking about something whether you knew or not it was making you feel want and now you have decided that you don't want to want for whatever it was, so now you have decided to stop... which is good, but don't think for one second that this is not going to happen to you millions and millions of times in your life until that brain of yours simply no longer functions.

Despite all that you say, you will want and you will suffer for it because that is what makes life sweet.
You take a way the want and you are left with what? Something enjoyable? How do you know? How can you tell? You have no such preferences in life. If you claim to, then you are not absolute in your new level of thinking... not by a long shot and you never will be. Relish the moment for it is fleeting is a lesson you have learned... it's a lesson many have learned. The moment is still fleeting and it will catch you by surprise and as long as you live, the want for something or another will return to you time and time again. no matter how many times you make a conscious effort to shun it away from you, it is just a behavior... a piece of your character. You will continue this cycle over and over until you are either comfortable with wanting or have achieved total stillness, but then you will not be living. To live is to want for things. if you wanted for nothing, you would not want to live... not without "want" To have a brain is to think (if it is functional) You want to have a brain that does not think but is still operational.

I think that your current series of thoughts is the product of some inner pain.
I'm not saying you are dealing with it wrong, because whatever it is you have chosen to simply "keep moving" and are attempting to not think about it so that you don't have to suffer for it. that might be a good call unless whatever it is, is something that needs analyzing but I'm taking it that it is not about baggage but just small personal wants that are making you feel uncomfortable because perhaps it is something you do not have and cannot obtain. it's good to control "want"... I do believe that. I'm sure you know it's not a new idea for the links you have provided which might contain some similar themes and I think if you go too far over into that field over there with that ball... you might start forgetting some really important things and will soon find your mind in one hell of a struggle if you don't recall how you have basically hacked away at your own desires until you are basically a satellite of an individual floating in a vacuum by yourself.

not saying that is going to happen, something will probably come along and cause you to remember the sweetness of wanting well before you ever get to that point but what i am saying is that there is a whole slew of mental categorizations for people who systematically compartmentalized their "wants".. and they didn't turn out to be very healthy people. Actually, we are ALL sick and are ALL eventually just going to die eventually and the only cure so far, is no life at all. What you have come up with is just a little version of that. It's elimination on a small scale, but it is flawed in it's very logic that you can COMPLETELY (not merely as a healthy practice concept which is how it should be presented imo)... train the mind to work without it's most basic functions. you can't do that.

It would actually be easier to eliminate the worlds problems because even though they seem countless, they are finite compared to expecting an organ to function without functioning.

There is no easy way it seems... so if you insist, keep running with that ball.
By the time you've dropped it, you will forget that you were running with it for a reason and it will be ok.
edit on 21-8-2011 by BlackSatinDancer because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 07:10 AM
link   

reply to post by juveous

I will try to answer you post but i am finding hard to understand what you are getting at.
Are you a human doing or are you a human being? You 'think' you are a human doing.
Being is being. To be or not to be? That is the question.
You are!!!! To be is delicious, to do is hard graft.
Nothing will explain how it works, it is mystery, but it does work. Intelligence energy is all it is. You are intelligence energy that can not be separated from the entire intelligence energy of the whole universe. Can a dropplet of water control the ocean, or is the droppet going to move when the ocean moves?

No one said that any part of the brain is not needed, left or right. I said watch how the mind (with its one thought at a time appearing in the present moment-the thoughts can not appear any other time) and see what it does, listen to it. The mind is what tortures people, listen to it a bed time when there are no distractions. Turn the tv off and sit in silence, is it possible for the mind to shut up? All the problems in the world are caused by the inability to sit in silence.
No one wants to sit in silence because the mind won't let us.

It is only the mind that says there is something wrong. What is wrong with right now, unless you think about it?
youtu.be...

I hope you find what you are looking for.
Namaste.

Is this man ( Nisargartta Maharaj ) wrong in your opinion?
youtu.be...

This thing about the mind not letting people sit in silence is wrong. Plenty of people sit in silence just fine and their thoughts don't bother them. Sure, sometimes it's much harder to turn off but that is just brain activity. It doesn't happen that way all the time. It is very dangerous for a person to think their own mind is torturing them.

I'm very serious about this. i'm not merely arguing with you for the sake of arguing. You can't live a life going around trying to keep your brain shut down as a solution to your impression that your own mind is torturing you!

Clearly there are some things you need to work out, you are just not saying what it is that caused you to try to escape your own wants. trust me.. I recognize this. maybe it doesn't seem to be bothering you that bad in your conscious mind but there is a reason you have come to these conclusions, there is a reason you have sought these answers this way... trying to find a way to be happy is what you are doing. This is something you are struggling with.

Hmmm... interesting.

If this is true, sooner or later I think you are going to have to take the wrench out of the gears.
Don't let the pressure get built up too much.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 07:36 AM
link   
reply to post by BlackSatinDancer

If you think i am lookong for happiness then you are deluded. Happiness is our true nature. It is the wanting that makes unhappiness and discontentment. There are many who know this, i have provided many who are spreading the message.
The wrench in the gear is the mind saying that it should be better. It is as it is. Why argue with that?
Where does pressure come from if everything is seen for what it is?
The pressure is the conflict with reality.

I do not want because everything is provided.
I do not do because everything is being done.

I will leave you with this beautiful reading that i just posted on another thread:
youtu.be...

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 08:08 AM
link   
reply to post by smithjustinb

Everything is in order. The human brain is free to perceive the perfection however it wants. More often than not, it chooses to perceive the perfection as something that isn't perfect. That's the only reason we have been led to believe that it is imperfect.

I submit to you that perfection is itself a concept and one that we can't be sure of because, we are ourselves imperfect.

Think of it this way... if a drunk person said that they saw a white elephant driving a motorcycle, you might ask whether that observation was worthy of consideration. So, as an imperfect species, how do we know perfection? How can we claim the ability to identify it even if it went by riding on the back of a motorcycle driven by a white elephant?

Just something to think about with your hangover, lol

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 08:22 AM
link   

If you think i am lookong for happiness then you are deluded. Happiness is our true nature. It is the wanting that makes unhappiness and discontentment. There are many who know this, i have provided many who are spreading the message.
The wrench in the gear is the mind saying that it should be better. It is as it is. Why argue with that?
Where does pressure come from if everything is seen for what it is?
The pressure is the conflict with reality.

I do not want because everything is provided.
I do not do because everything is being done.

I will leave you with this beautiful reading that i just posted on another thread:
youtu.be...

The words that are being spread as you say, they are just concepts for practice and realization. If you know these things, you also know that it is the nature of humans to want. So you are merely pretending to be above it if you have not merely conditioned yourself to think your mind works this way.

The same way that you know that breathing has a negative effect on your local atmosphere, but I don't hear anyone suggesting to stop it. Why? Its much more than a concept that you merely trick yourself into repeating over and over again, therefore it is harder to sell.

Your entire system is based on locating the items of it's request and although you may be right, they may ALL exist, they are not readily available in the tangible world (to most people, perhaps you are an exception but we will get to that). This is why change is necessary in this world, to eliminate want because you will NEVER eliminate the want of the system. There will always be a want or need of something, or there will nothing at all.

this now suggests to me that your entire thought system here was simply made easy for you and was easy for you to claim because you do not have to struggle with very much "want"

You should try to find the good grace to consider that your situation is different from others and perhaps you should not make blanket statements meant to cover all of humanity that can only really cover your unique situation of your personal wants being rather mild and trivial compared to some, and some may think that is being presumptuous about you, but I have few alternatives at this point when trying to review this. For example, another conclusion I could draw is that you are going to tell us how to teleport water to people who do not have any for miles and miles and miles.

For some reason i don't think that's going to happen so maybe you could stop for a few minutes and consider your actual level of acquaintance with the reality of "want" because frankly, some people just don't know as much about it as they think they do. It IS a possibility you must consider.
edit on 21-8-2011 by BlackSatinDancer because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 08:44 AM
link   

Life happens.
Arguing with reality causes the suffering. If reality is not seen for what it is then happiness is the result.
I did suffer greatly in the past that is why i was determined to find a cure. The cure is not in changing the world for that is impossible. The cure was seeing that there was a beam in my eye. Now that has been removed the world looks and feels and sounds great.

I offer you this:
youtu.be...

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 09:11 AM
link   

Life happens.
Arguing with reality causes the suffering. If reality is not seen for what it is then happiness is the result.
I did suffer greatly in the past that is why i was determined to find a cure. The cure is not in changing the world for that is impossible. The cure was seeing that there was a beam in my eye. Now that has been removed the world looks and feels and sounds great.

I offer you this:
youtu.be...

You don't know what great is. If there is no bad- there is no great. Sorry, but that's life and life happens as you say. You can't feel joy if you don't know the difference. You simply look at suffering a different way lately after self training, but you did not remove suffering and you do not see life any clearer for saying so. How do you even know what you see is real? How can you possibly know that this is truly seeing it for what it is... because you do not even see that you are still so full of want that it's funny.

You remove a "beam" from your eye and the worlds problems are gone in your opinion? All you're proving is that what you cared most for was something you wanted personally that you couldn't change and you made that the most important thing to the point where you won't even relate to the suffering of others now just to be able to eliminate a piece of your own personal pain... but I am supposed to take your word on your claims in philosophy? How do you figure that's going to happen?

Where is the beam coming from that is telling you the world looks and sounds great? because you can have no preference for such things. Stop dodging that fact.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Conclude what ever you want it makes no difference to me.
If you don't like what i say you will not be the first or the last.
It matters not.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 10:57 AM
link   

It matters not.

It doesn't matter to you. I mean, just for clarification you know. I usually don't feel the need to make points like that because of how rude it could sound to some but with your belief that your view is all that there is, I just wanted to add that correction to your statement.

It matters not... to you.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 12:31 PM
link   

It matters not.

If it is all perfect, then what is being said to you by others surely fits into that, no? What do you mean when you imply that a piece of perfection makes no difference and doesnt matter?

Life is perfect, right now. But the flower still blossoms from the bud, and the caterpillar still changes in chrysalis. What is "now" is only a foundation for what will be.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 01:05 PM
link   
reply to post by juveous

No. You are just changing the course of the conversation. For the last 7 pages you have been discussing the ontological argument of being.

Nothing will explain how it works, it is mystery, but it does work. Intelligence energy is all it is.

It is a mystery but it does work....hmmmm
So what is the nature of the mysterious? Are you suggesting that order is unknowable? Because it sure sounds like it.

No one said that any part of the brain is not needed, left or right. I said watch how the mind (with its one thought at a time appearing in the present moment-the thoughts can not appear any other time) and see what it does, listen to it.

It doesnt matter, theres a will, are you saying that awarenwess cant have a willingness?Remember, you said curiosity is prior to birth. There is a nature to figure out, to solve, to understand how. But you then said nothing will explain how it works. Is curiosity pointless then?

I just have a feeling that you are saying that indifference is our true nature.

The sensation that nerves send to the brain as pain needs no words or thoughts, a scream reacting displays discontent, even the act of showing isnt necessary, pain exists you arent going to argue that.

edit on 21-8-2011 by juveous because: (no reason given)

edit on 21-8-2011 by juveous because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 01:10 PM
link   
The 'now' moment occurs to be only experienced in the 'now' because anything that exists as part of something that is infinite will always exist in the center. That is how you know time is infinite. It is because you can only experience the center of it which is always now.

Awareness is what exists within time to give you the experience of the now. Nature is perfect because of balance. It is perfect because intelligent energy is able to efficiently and effectively carry out its tasks just by the nature of its being in a never ending progression of observation and learning. Nature is perfectly being what it is which is intelligent energy. When 'bad' things happen, they are nothing more than a catalyst for learning, thus fulfilling THE purpose.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by smithjustinb
The 'now' moment occurs to be only experienced in the 'now' because anything that exists as part of something that is infinite will always exist in the center. That is how you know time is infinite. It is because you can only experience the center of it which is always now.

Awareness is what exists within time to give you the experience of the now. Nature is perfect because of balance. It is perfect because intelligent energy is able to efficiently and effectively carry out its tasks just by the nature of its being in a never ending progression of observation and learning. Nature is perfectly being what it is which is intelligent energy. When 'bad' things happen, they are nothing more than a catalyst for learning, thus fulfilling THE purpose.

Nature is perfect for natures standards.

We are nature but we also screw up nature, nature screws itself up a lot of times. You can say nature is balanced because it is part of all. All is technically nature.

if you break the sciences down they can start conflicting with each other. The birds don't like the acid rain, crap like that. The further down you break it, the more conflicting the pieces can become until you're left with wild dogs eating each other or even smaller organism completely taking others over.

if we stand back and look at the big picture, we can see the sense it in all.

unfortunately when you step back to look at it you can also often times see the madness in it all.

I believe you are here because you do not want to be alone and you are searching and you have been searching a long time for something that is like you, but is not you.

And you can only see that you are all that there is.

... then this is never going to work.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 12:21 PM
link   
reply to post by juveous

Indifference is not our true nature. All intelligent creatures move toward pleasure and away from pain. The intelligence that the universe is, seems to run that way. Humans do feel pain in the moment, we are feeling beings. It is all about sensation in the moment. However, because humans can imagine past and future, they can forget that life is only ever happening now. Life is only felt (sensation) now. I am not saying there is not going to be pain, feelings and sensations are real but passing, changing.
Then there is suffering, the unnesessary mind made suffering that can be eliminated, it is this that i have been refering to. It is possible to remove the fears and desires that haunt us and be free of mind made suffering.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 01:44 PM
link   

reply to post by juveous

Indifference is not our true nature. All intelligent creatures move toward pleasure and away from pain. The intelligence that the universe is, seems to run that way. Humans do feel pain in the moment, we are feeling beings. It is all about sensation in the moment. However, because humans can imagine past and future, they can forget that life is only ever happening now. Life is only felt (sensation) now. I am not saying there is not going to be pain, feelings and sensations are real but passing, changing.
Then there is suffering, the unnesessary mind made suffering that can be eliminated, it is this that i have been refering to. It is possible to remove the fears and desires that haunt us and be free of mind made suffering.

I agree with much of this. I do agree that want can be a dangerous thing, because we often feel our wants immediately but it often takes much longer for understanding to come... yeah, recipe for disaster. It is a fantastic idea in my opinion to teach people to temper their urges into fine work and it is much easier said than done. I am just pointing out that your very wants brought you here to this new place of knowledge. If you were careful to step around this notion because you cannot deny that type of signaling is the basis of our system, then a lot of your points sound more compelling as a concept... because clearly you have learned something. I'm just afraid that if you run from want, you may tire very quick and hard.
edit on 22-8-2011 by BlackSatinDancer because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 01:53 PM
link   
Life is perfectt because it is perfectly doing what life is supposed to do. And this is what it is supposed to do/be.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join