It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Life IS Perfect.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 06:45 AM
link   
Which is why you have to apply common sense. You have to realize that for many "now" sucks. This is why you cannot apply this concept to many people in the world and to want to do so shows that even you want to make changes to the "now'

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 06:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Black Satin Dancer

However, if you have had enough of suffering unnecessarily and you want peace then i will offer you these:
youtu.be...
youtu.be...
youtu.be...
youtu.be...

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 06:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Itisnowagain

However, if you have had enough of suffering unnecessarily and you want peace then i will offer you these:
youtu.be...
youtu.be...
youtu.be...
youtu.be...

aaaahhhh. Ok. Interesting.
I imagine I will probably stick to my own chosen attempts at alleviating suffering.

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 07:00 AM
link   
reply to post by BlackSatinDancer

If now 'sucks' then that is the label that has been placed on now, it is believed and that will be the experience.
The now just is. Until it is named. The word that arises, appears to you is SUCKS. This word is a thought appearing to you, you are aware, you see SUCKS and the mind says i don't want this. What YOU are is not the mind, the mind judges everything good/bad. The mind will never like this moment if you ask it's opinion.
When you are en joying this moment the mind shuts up. That is the joy. The contentment of this moment pleases the mind into submission.

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 07:05 AM
link   

Or mabe you might prefer these:
If you only watch one watch this one with Adyshanti, pure joy:
youtu.be...
youtu.be...
youtu.be...
youtu.be...
youtu.be...

All of these are different expressions of the one truth.
As are you.

Namaste.
edit on 20-8-2011 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 07:12 AM
link   

If now 'sucks' then that is the label that has been placed on now, it is believed and that will be the experience.
The now just is. Until it is named. The word that arises, appears to you is SUCKS. This word is a thought appearing to you, you are aware, you see SUCKS and the mind says i don't want this. What YOU are is not the mind, the mind judges everything good/bad. The mind will never like this moment if you ask it's opinion.
When you are en joying this moment the mind shuts up. That is the joy. The contentment of this moment pleases the mind into submission.

I believe any mind would most certainly choose some situations over others. I think there are many moments a mind could like just as there are many moments a mind could dislike and a lot of them could probably be verbalized.

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 07:22 AM
link   

The mind verbilizes and the sound of the mind is heard. It makes noise, like cars going by, it does not mean it makes any sense. The hearer and knower of the mind, working or sounding whether 'internal' or 'exterior' (thought or car noise), is heard by awareness. Awareness or consciousness, you being awake, hears and experiences all 'things' in this present moment which is really your presence.
The mind is a sound, an appearance that appears to consciousness.
What you are is beyond and prior to the mind, it watches the mind, mind appears within. So watch the mind, catch it, it is talking to itself, dualistically. However what is watching is not dualistic.

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 07:25 AM
link   

reply to post by juveous

Life and death are assumptions.
The ultimate truth is that you are never separate from this present moment of now.
Now and you are synonymous. When is it not now, so when are you not?
All 'things' are appearing to you as you.
You are the container (the space) that life and death appear to.
In the story of life birth and death happen.

All there is is now, (the happening) all else is assumption.
Everything appears presently and you are the presence.

You are still relying on the ambiguity of definitions. Saying all there is is now, doesnt solve anything, it only suggests a grandeur relation. there are problems to solve intellectually speaking, and when i say that, i mean not as a form of understanding solutions, but how to actually form those solutions.

Go ahead and say the problem only exist in my mind, and it is i that is making the problem. You cant change curiosity, in fact, to problem solve is to learn, and to learn is to reveal the hidden, which is your very own ignorance.

You cant put knowledge aside, beliefs are only as good as their explanations, which require knowledge.

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 07:26 AM
link   

Or mabe you might prefer these:
If you only watch one watch this one with Adyshanti, pure joy:
youtu.be...
youtu.be...
youtu.be...
youtu.be...
youtu.be...

All of these are different expressions of the one truth.
As are you.

Namaste.

The last one is interesting but I perceive his angle a bit different than how I feel you've presented yours.

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 07:32 AM
link   

Can you elaborate?

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 07:42 AM
link   
reply to post by juveous

You are relying on the belief that there is a problem. The mind says there is problem and it is the mind that looks for the solution. The mind is believed because we are not aware of the deeper intelligence behind the mind.
The world is stuck in mind. A system that is running the world.
Mind was produced in a factory called schooling and education, mind is conditioned and can not be trusted. It is indeed a problem solving machine, we have been mass produced as robots to run the system of 'things' and objects. We believe we are machines that have been made so we act like that.
You can watch the working of the machine ( the mind, thought can be watched observed)!! So you can not be the machine.

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 07:52 AM
link   

Can you elaborate?

I could but it would involve a lot of typing and I have a keyboard issue.
Maybe later? I will go ahead and say he was speaking in a spiritual sense, as an exercise. He was speaking more about acceptance of natural cycles of life and death than he was speaking of surrendering to suffering.
Also, concerning his self awareness concepts, he sounded more like he was encouraging contemplation of a unified awareness to connect more to overall perception, not closing all perception down to an individual sized consciousness.

Then again, I didn't catch everything and he seemed a little high as well. Clearly the man was speaking concepts. You'd perhaps agree that it's all just concepts but then that would make informing everyone of a personal perception of perfection- just bragging.

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 08:01 AM
link   

Unified awareness can only occur now, it is now, and now is your presence.
If you are aware of that you will see the world, with all its contents - people, events happening now. Colors, sounds, sensations, life, flowing.
Nothing can happen outside of your perception.
You see people and response happens.
The belief in later or another time clouds our true vision which is where the eyes are.
Most people are not here, they are there and there does not exist.

They are lost.

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 08:04 AM
link   

reply to post by juveous

You are relying on the belief that there is a problem. The mind says there is problem and it is the mind that looks for the solution. The mind is believed because we are not aware of the deeper intelligence behind the mind.

Did you miss what i wrote about curiosity? the mind is curious, it wants to solve, to figure out, it wants to state exactly what you said as opinion, but it cant do that without learning. Dont put the word problem under something negative, because im not. A problem is a result of curiosity.

The world is stuck in mind. A system that is running the world.
Mind was produced in a factory called schooling and education, mind is conditioned and can not be trusted. It is indeed a problem solving machine, we have been mass produced as robots to run the system of 'things' and objects. We believe we are machines that have been made so we act like that.
You can watch the working of the machine ( the mind, thought can be watched observed)!! So you can not be the machine.

You just described a problem in culture. Culture is not one person, its a phenomenon of the mutual. Which requires communication which comes from problem solving. You would probably prefer another word like reasoning.

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 08:15 AM
link   

Unified awareness can only occur now, it is now, and now is your presence.
If you are aware of that you will see the world, with all its contents - people, events happening now. Colors, sounds, sensations, life, flowing.
Nothing can happen outside of your perception.
You see people and response happens.
The belief in later or another time clouds our true vision which is where the eyes are.
Most people are not here, they are there and there does not exist.
They are lost.

I think that is a dangerous thing for you to be thinking. I would advise to attempt to be aware of the unknown. There is always a greater force outside the whole. To believe that your perception is all that matters, this act itself defines who you are.

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 08:20 AM
link   
reply to post by juveous

Curiousity is not from the mind, it is prior to mind, it is our natural intelligence. The mind is a system laid upon us a limited way of expressing ourselves. Mind is made, conditioned, formed. Before the word you were.
The universe is the only 'thing' there is. Some use the word God, or being. Whatever is going on here is not in anyway separate to you. You are being driven by the universe so enjoy it. Because the most remarkable thing about all of this is that we can.

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 08:27 AM
link   

How could it be possible to be aware of the unknown, this is wrong thinking.
It will be known when it is known and not until.
There is nothing you can do about it. It will happen or it won't.
I think that you think that it would be possible to stop knowing, to somehow prevent life from happening. If it is accepted that all there is is right now you can really know. Know what is real and not what is imagery.

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 08:39 AM
link   

You will only ever be aware of what is happening where you are. You see people on tv suffering but where are you feeling it? Can you feel it on the tv screen or can you feel it in Africa? You feel it intimately, in your being.
Being can be anything. If suffering is believed in, the experience will be suffering. When you know it can be anything you don't need to welcome suffering in unless you like it.

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 08:45 AM
link   

How could it be possible to be aware of the unknown, this is wrong thinking.
It will be known when it is known and not until.
There is nothing you can do about it. It will happen or it won't.
I think that you think that it would be possible to stop knowing, to somehow prevent life from happening. If it is accepted that all there is is right now you can really know. Know what is real and not what is imagery.

No, that isn't what I'm thinking. Stop knowing? What? No.

You can most certainly make the choice to never look past your own nose, or to look as far into the beyond as you can. I simply think that to think the universe is your own little bubble is obviously flawed.
You can be aware of the unknown in a manner of speaking. For example, ESP. Telepathy.. etc..
If you never consider any possibilities outside your own perception, you wouldn't likely pay attention to any of that. The whole concept sounds very void in general of intuition and all sorts of things, if it was put into practice.

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 09:01 AM
link   

Life is happening now, can you see anymore of it?
Only in imagination, what good is imagination if we don't experience what it feels like to be alive to the senses.
We can live in thought and emotion, past and future, suffering not suffering our entire lives. But do we feel good.
We are feeling beings that forgot to feel.
We felt the world of 'things' with their sharp pointy edges and we said 'no i don't want to feel, i want want to think'.
I will 'think' it better.

If we stop and really check now out we will find it is the home we have been searching for. That's why not many find it, it can not be found by looking, for looking implies out there. Searching for the truth out there will maintain the seeker. There is no out there or in there. There is just this. Oneness.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join