It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

For anyone that has any doubt as to the identity of Jesus Christ

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 09:18 PM
link   
reply to post by mehforfun

why?

u obviously seem to have never actually read the work u are criticial of...

the message was not of POWER, (GODs power can be seen everywhere)...

no, it was about recognition of, and humble submission to your Creator...

humble submission DOES NOT sound like a common human quality to me...!!!

Jesus was real and He had a great influence on a lot of lives...hence His reputation...

seeya

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 09:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by FriendlyGopher
reply to post by shaneR

Sorry but it's simply not enough to give evidence for his existence. I would like to refer to en.wikipedia.org... . Not a single historian would take any of those claims for real if it would be pertaining a random person let alone a according to the bible well know figure in those days. It's simply not possible.

as for the comments above I was referring to the whole dinosaur vs bible issue with carbon dating etc.

The book of Genesis was written more than 3000 years ago, it was written to an audience of ancient Hebrews in layman's terms. The first chapter of the book gives a very general description of the order of creation. Scientifically, the order of creation in the book of Genesis is sound.

www.godandscience.org...

Not everything in the bible is to be applied literally. Consider the following:

MT 5:27 "You have heard that it was said, `Do not commit adultery.' But I tell you that anyone who looks at a woman lustfully has already committed adultery with her in his heart. If your right eye causes you to sin, gouge it out and throw it away. It is better for you to lose one part of your body than for your whole body to be thrown into hell. And if your right hand causes you to sin, cut it off and throw it away. It is better for you to lose one part of your body than for your whole body to go into hell.

None of us would have any body parts left if we applied this literally. The above passage is an example of Jesus telling us how we need to take sin very seriously. It is not about self mutilation.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 09:21 PM
link   
Empty talking points, nothing more. Here are the prophecies required of The Messiah:

Build the Third Temple (Ezekiel 37:26-28).
Gather all Jews back to the Land of Israel (Isaiah 43:5-6).
Usher in an era of world peace, and end all hatred, oppression, suffering and disease - something Christians are quite good at not doing. (Isaiah 2:4)
Spread universal knowledge of the God of Israel, which will unite humanity as one. (Zechariah 14:9)

All things Jesus DID NOT do. He's not your Messiah.
edit on 18-8-2011 by novastrike81 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 09:23 PM
link   
i am still sticking by this ..

"But those enemies of mine who did not want me to be king over them--bring them here and kill them in front of me.'"

luke 19:27

this violates to many principals for me . I would never follow such a person nor advocate him as "god" ...

you disrespect "god" and "jesus" by upholding the baseless bible

40+ authors 66+ books? come on now....

god shouldn't need to play such shinangons and just spit it out what he wants instead of these riddles interpertations contridictions and bloodshed over it ...

if anything jesus was a messenger and his words were tainted and twisted like almost everything else ...

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 09:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by novastrike81
Empty talking points, nothing more. Here are the prophecies required of The Messiah:

Build the Third Temple (Ezekiel 37:26-28).
Gather all Jews back to the Land of Israel (Isaiah 43:5-6).
Usher in an era of world peace, and end all hatred, oppression, suffering and disease - something Christians are quite good at. (Isaiah 2:4)
Spread universal knowledge of the God of Israel, which will unite humanity as one. (Zechariah 14:9)

All things Jesus DID NOT do. He's not your Messiah.

Jesus became the third temple when he died on the cross for our sins (He became our atonement). The other scriptures that you mention refer to future events that will be fulfilled when he returns.
edit on 18-8-2011 by XplanetX because: typo

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 09:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by seedofchucky

"But those enemies of mine who did not want me to be king over them--bring them here and kill them in front of me.'"

this violates to many principals for me . I would never follow such a person nor advocate him as "god" ...

god shouldn't need to play such shinangons and just spit it out what he wants instead of these riddles interpertations contridictions and bloodshed over it ...

if anything jesus was a messenger and his words were tainted and twisted like almost everything else ...

It is called 'Judgement'.

Maybe you should spend some time with a family that has suffered at the hands of evil men and received no justice in this world.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 09:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by XplanetX

Maybe you should spend some time with a family that has suffered at the hands of evil men and received no justice in this world.

Who are you to hand out justice ? Is that not gods job ?

What about karma ?

How do you know something really bad doesnt happen to him down the road ?

What if he gets punished in the after life ??

What if he is living with a pain in his body but doesnt show it when people are around??

so many ways he can be dealt with my good man .

But you don't have to take your eye for and eye type justice sooooooo fast

give it some time ....

Patience is a virtue ... i know some people thirst revenge but its not the best cup of tea

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 09:39 PM
link   

Jesus became the third temple when he died on the cross for our sins (He became our atonement). The other scriptures that you mention refer to future events that will be fulfilled when he returns.

Where does it say that Jesus is the third temple when he died on the cross? Ezekial 37:26-28 says nothing about dieing on a cross being the requirement for the third temple.

I will make a covenant of peace with them; it will be an everlasting covenant. I will establish them and increase their numbers, and I will put my sanctuary among them forever. 27 My dwelling place will be with them; I will be their God, and they will be my people. 28 Then the nations will know that I the LORD make Israel holy, when my sanctuary is among them forever

Sounds like a real building to me and not his body.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 09:43 PM
link   

What about karma ?

What if he is living with a pain in his body but doesnt show it when people are around??

give it some time ....

Patience is a virtue ... i know some people thirst revenge but its not the best cup of tea

Jesus will be dealing out the judgement with his heavenly army when he returns.

REV 19:11 I saw heaven standing open and there before me was a white horse, whose rider is called Faithful and True. With justice he judges and makes war. His eyes are like blazing fire, and on his . are many crowns. He has a name written on him that no one knows but he himself. He is dressed in a robe dipped in blood, and his name is the Word of God. The armies of heaven were following him, riding on white horses and dressed in fine linen, white and clean. Out of his mouth comes a sharp sword with which to strike down the nations. "He will rule them with an iron scepter." He treads the winepress of the fury of the wrath of God Almighty. On his robe and on his thigh he has this name written:

KING OF KINGS AND LORD OF LORDS.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 09:45 PM
link   

Where does it say that Jesus is the third temple when he died on the cross? Ezekial 37:26-28 says nothing about dieing on a cross being the requirement for the third temple.

I will make a covenant of peace with them; it will be an everlasting covenant. I will establish them and increase their numbers, and I will put my sanctuary among them forever. 27 My dwelling place will be with them; I will be their God, and they will be my people. 28 Then the nations will know that I the LORD make Israel holy, when my sanctuary is among them forever

REV 3:11 I am coming soon. Hold on to what you have, so that no one will take your crown. Him who overcomes I will make a pillar in the temple of my God. Never again will he leave it. I will write on him the name of my God and the name of the city of my God, the new Jerusalem, which is coming down out of heaven from my God; and I will also write on him my new name. He who has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says to the churches.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 09:49 PM
link   
reply to post by XplanetX

Using the bible to prove the accuracy of the bible?

Did you think that this would actually solve the debate concerning the historical existence of Jesus as depicted within the bible?

Did you imagine that this hasn't been done to death already?

Were you born (again) yesterday?

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 09:53 PM
link   

The curtain of the temple splitting in two as Jesus gives up his spirit illustrates Christ replacing the temple that was built by human hands. Jesus became the atonement for sins, sacrificial offerings were no longer relevant. This leads to the apostles preaching about Jesus sacrifice on the cross as the atonement of sin if people would follow and believe that Jesus Christ was the son of God.

MT 27:50 And when Jesus had cried out again in a loud voice, he gave up his spirit.

MT 27:51 At that moment the curtain of the temple was torn in two from top to bottom. The earth shook and the rocks split. The tombs broke open and the bodies of many holy people who had died were raised to life. They came out of the tombs, and after Jesus' resurrection they went into the holy city and appeared to many people.

MT 27:54 When the centurion and those with him who were guarding Jesus saw the earthquake and all that had happened, they were terrified, and exclaimed, "Surely he was the Son of God!"

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 09:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by NorEaster

Did you think that this would actually solve the debate concerning the historical existence of Jesus as depicted within the bible?

By the look of it, you have not even examined my original post.

The chances of Jesus fulfilling the scriptures in the OT in the way that he did is impossible unless he truly was the Son of God.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 09:59 PM
link   

What about karma ?

give it some time ....

REV 19:11 I saw heaven standing open and there before me was a white horse, whose rider is called Faithful and True. With justice he judges and makes war. His eyes are like blazing fire, and on his . are many crowns. He has a name written on him that no one knows but he himself. He is dressed in a robe dipped in blood, and his name is the Word of God. The armies of heaven were following him, riding on white horses and dressed in fine linen, white and clean. Out of his mouth comes a sharp sword with which to strike down the nations. "He will rule them with an iron scepter." He treads the winepress of the fury of the wrath of God Almighty. On his robe and on his thigh he has this name written:

Then who is jesus talking about here ???

* Matthew 4:10: "Jesus said to him,'Away from me, Satan! For it is written: "Worship the Lord your God, and serve him only."'"

John 17:3: "Now this is eternal life: that they may know you, the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom you have sent."
??

skidzo???

1Corinthians 8:5-6: "For even if there are so-called gods, whether in heaven or on earth (as indeed there are many "gods" and many "lords"), yet for us there is but one God, the Father, from whom all things came and for whom we live; and there is but one Lord, Jesus Christ, through whom all things came and through whom we live."

what the deuce?

"* 1Timothy 2:5: "For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus"

what the multiple personality??

* James 2:19: "You believe that there is one God. Good! Even the demons believe that—and shudder."

:* Mark 13:32:"No one knows about that day or hour, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father."

seems like this father a.k.a god character seems to be the all mighty and only one who can dish out judgement?

or are you lying to me =o

* John 5:19: "Jesus gave them this answer: "I tell you the truth, the Son can do nothing by himself; he can do only what he sees his Father doing, because whatever the Father does the Son also does."

can he dish out judgement ???

John 14:28: "You heard me say,'I am going away and I am coming back to you.' If you loved me, you would be glad that I am going to the Father, for the Father is greater than I."

how can the less greater guy dish out judgement?? instead of the greatest? "god"?

"* John 17:20-23: "My prayer is not for them alone. I pray also for those who will believe in me through their message, that all of them may be one, Father, just as you are in me and I am in you. May they also be in us so that the world may believe that you have sent me. I have given them the glory that you gave me, that they may be one as we are one: I in them and you in me. May they be brought to complete unity to let the world know that you sent me and have loved them even as you have loved me."

who is this guy talking about ???

"* John 20:17: "Jesus said, "Do not hold on to me, for I have not yet ascended to the Father. Go instead to my brothers and tell them,'I am ascending to my Father and your Father, to my God and your God.'"

clearly a distinction?

* 1Corinthians 15:24-28: "Then the end will come, when he hands over the kingdom to God the Father after he has destroyed all dominion, authority and power. For he must reign until he has put all his enemies under his feet. The last enemy to be destroyed is death. For he "has put everything under his feet." Now when it says that "everything" has been put under him, it is clear that this does not include God himself, who put everything under Christ. When he has done this, then the Son himself will be made subject to him who put everything under him, so that God may be all in all."

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 10:08 PM
link   

What about karma ?

give it some time ....

* Matthew 4:10: "Jesus said to him,'Away from me, Satan! For it is written: "Worship the Lord your God, and serve him only."'"

John 17:3: "Now this is eternal life: that they may know you, the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom you have sent."
??

skidzo???

1Corinthians 8:5-6: "For even if there are so-called gods, whether in heaven or on earth (as indeed there are many "gods" and many "lords"), yet for us there is but one God, the Father, from whom all things came and for whom we live; and there is but one Lord, Jesus Christ, through whom all things came and through whom we live."

what the deuce?

"* 1Timothy 2:5: "For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus"

* James 2:19: "You believe that there is one God. Good! Even the demons believe that—and shudder."

:* Mark 13:32:"No one knows about that day or hour, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father."

seems like this father a.k.a god character seems to be the all mighty and only one who can dish out judgement?

* John 5:19: "Jesus gave them this answer: "I tell you the truth, the Son can do nothing by himself; he can do only what he sees his Father doing, because whatever the Father does the Son also does."

John 14:28: "You heard me say,'I am going away and I am coming back to you.' If you loved me, you would be glad that I am going to the Father, for the Father is greater than I."

how can the less greater guy dish out judgement?? instead of the greatest? "god"?

"* John 17:20-23: "My prayer is not for them alone. I pray also for those who will believe in me through their message, that all of them may be one, Father, just as you are in me and I am in you. May they also be in us so that the world may believe that you have sent me. I have given them the glory that you gave me, that they may be one as we are one: I in them and you in me. May they be brought to complete unity to let the world know that you sent me and have loved them even as you have loved me."

"* John 20:17: "Jesus said, "Do not hold on to me, for I have not yet ascended to the Father. Go instead to my brothers and tell them,'I am ascending to my Father and your Father, to my God and your God.'"

clearly a distinction?

* 1Corinthians 15:24-28: "Then the end will come, when he hands over the kingdom to God the Father after he has destroyed all dominion, authority and power. For he must reign until he has put all his enemies under his feet. The last enemy to be destroyed is death. For he "has put everything under his feet." Now when it says that "everything" has been put under him, it is clear that this does not include God himself, who put everything under Christ. When he has done this, then the Son himself will be made subject to him who put everything under him, so that God may be all in all."

Excellent, we are getting somewhere.

You have almost connected the dots.

1JN 5:1 Everyone who believes that Jesus is the Christ is born of God, and everyone who loves the father loves his child as well. This is how we know that we love the children of God: by loving God and carrying out his commands. This is love for God: to obey his commands. And his commands are not burdensome, for everyone born of God overcomes the world. This is the victory that has overcome the world, even our faith. Who is it that overcomes the world? Only he who believes that Jesus is the Son of God.

1JN 5:6 This is the one who came by water and blood--Jesus Christ. He did not come by water only, but by water and blood. And it is the Spirit who testifies, because the Spirit is the truth. For there are three that testify: the Spirit, the water and the blood; and the three are in agreement. We accept man's testimony, but God's testimony is greater because it is the testimony of God, which he has given about his Son. Anyone who believes in the Son of God has this testimony in his heart. Anyone who does not believe God has made him out to be a liar, because he has not believed the testimony God has given about his Son. And this is the testimony: God has given us eternal life, and this life is in his Son. He who has the Son has life; he who does not have the Son of God does not have life.

The son, the father and the spirit all work together and are in agreement. They testify of each other. This has led to your confusion when Jesus (God in the flesh) speaks to God the Father (God in the spirit).

God became flesh (Jesus).

JN 1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. He was with God in the beginning.

JN 1:14 The Word became flesh and made his dwelling among us. We have seen his glory, the glory of the One and Only, who came from the Father, full of grace and truth.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 10:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by The GUT
It's my assertion that the Bible is the only document extant that accurately describes our world to this very day. It's the grand unifying theory--nothing else can touch it--and when overlaid on our world is an accurate and perfect fit.

My meme: From NWO to UFOs to Climate Craziness to War and Man's inhumanity to Man it's all in there.

Not to mention things like predicting that Israel would be a nation again someday. No matter what your belief you gotta admit that was a long shot.

Well said. The OP above is very well done. The Bible says it all in the first verses.

In the beginning (Time), God created the heavens (Space) and the earth (Matter). Let there be light (Energy). A word is a wave. Light is both a particle and a wave. The Word was the Son of God, speaking reality into existence. Logos is the original word used in John 1 to describe the wave of creation. Wiki this world and be amazed. LINK

What better evidence do we need? None, but that doesn't stop the Bible from producing it from verse 1 to the last verse of Revelation.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 10:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by NorEaster

By the look of it, you have not even examined my original post.

The chances of Jesus fulfilling the scriptures in the OT in the way that he did is impossible unless he truly was the Son of God.

Guess what? You have no proof that any of those scriptures were ever fulfilled by anyone.

Seriously. What you have is stuff that guys wrote over the course of several centuries, that was edited, eliminated, revised and returned into the gospels, and that wasn't tossed out in the end due to serious contradictions with the final version that the Roman government accepted as their official religion for everyone who lived under their rule.

Christianity - in the end - was the official and sanctioned religion of the Roman Empire. If you can't see the problem that is inherent in what that fact of history suggests, then you haven't taken the time to fully examine your own belief system. Hell, people on this site accuse the Obama folks of manufacturing a fake birth certificate, while insisting that the most corrupt and oppressive authoritarian government in all of history would never manufacture the tenets of the one thing that they believed would preserve the cultural integrity of their own empire (a single universal religion). They hijacked the Hebrew version of the Greek mystery religion god-man myth, and configured it into the most successful theological premise of all time. And they chose that one version because they'd just eliminated the Hebrews as a people with a nation, and (basically) were free to do whatever they wanted with the historical narrative surrounding it as a result of there being no Israel anymore to contradict whatever they manufactured of the storyline.

You're free to believe what you want, but don't be surprised if your presentation has no impact on the views of anyone who isn't already in the choir. The history of the Christian church, and its dovetail with the transition of the Roman Empire (from The Roman Empire to The Holy Roman Empire to The Church to The Catholic Church) is pretty well established. No historian or theologian that's serious sees it as more than the Roman Empire's scaling itself down and getting into major return-on-investment by trading in its emperor for a pope, its Senate for the College of Cardinals and its military for the ongoing threat of a righteous, vengeful Jesus coming in power and glory with an army of angels at any moment, as the world careens ever closer to the end of days. It's been the most successful transformation of any empire in history. A true achievement by some brilliant men.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 10:20 PM
link   

What about karma ?

give it some time ....

??

skidzo???

what the deuce?

clearly a distinction?

Excellent, we are getting somewhere.

You have almost connected the dots.

1JN 5:1 Everyone who believes that Jesus is the Christ is born of God, and everyone who loves the father loves his child as well. This is how we know that we love the children of God: by loving God and carrying out his commands. This is love for God: to obey his commands. And his commands are not burdensome, for everyone born of God overcomes the world. This is the victory that has overcome the world, even our faith. Who is it that overcomes the world? Only he who believes that Jesus is the Son of God.

1JN 5:6 This is the one who came by water and blood--Jesus Christ. He did not come by water only, but by water and blood. And it is the Spirit who testifies, because the Spirit is the truth. For there are three that testify: the Spirit, the water and the blood; and the three are in agreement. We accept man's testimony, but God's testimony is greater because it is the testimony of God, which he has given about his Son. Anyone who believes in the Son of God has this testimony in his heart. Anyone who does not believe God has made him out to be a liar, because he has not believed the testimony God has given about his Son. And this is the testimony: God has given us eternal life, and this life is in his Son. He who has the Son has life; he who does not have the Son of God does not have life.

The son, the father and the spirit all work together and are in agreement. They testify of each other. This has led to your confusion when Jesus (God in the flesh) speaks to God the Father (God in the spirit).

God became flesh (Jesus).

JN 1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. He was with God in the beginning.

JN 1:14 The Word became flesh and made his dwelling among us. We have seen his glory, the glory of the One and Only, who came from the Father, full of grace and truth.

lol really thats how your gonna try and sell that ?

total disregard for the contradictary verses????

you just dismissed it and replaced it with your own reality ??

do you see how silly it is ??

do you see why christians get laughed at ??

your logic is as broken as your bible

heance the contradictary verses =)

and the trying to brush them off ...

but i don't blame you ...

its whats most ignorant christans do to hide

but your argument with the contradictary verses been dealt with by this great chap

would you do your self a favor and watch the series? and see how trinity is nothing more then hot air?

showing you contradictary verses is clearly in one ear and out the other

all you do is ignore them and pretend like they don't exisit then try to replace them with hog wash lool

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 10:28 PM
link   
reply to post by seedofchucky

You are using the Qu'ran to refute the bible?

I am not sure if you are serious?

GAL 1:6 I am astonished that you are so quickly deserting the one who called you by the grace of Christ and are turning to a different gospel-- which is really no gospel at all. Evidently some people are throwing you into confusion and are trying to pervert the gospel of Christ. But even if we or an angel from heaven should preach a gospel other than the one we preached to you, let him be eternally condemned! As we have already said, so now I say again: If anybody is preaching to you a gospel other than what you accepted, let him be eternally condemned!

An angel appeared to Mohammed and preached a different gospel. Paul wrote a warning about this type of event more than 500 years before it happened.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 10:30 PM
link   

reply to post by seedofchucky

You are using the Qu'ran to refute the bible?

I am not sure if you are serious?

GAL 1:6 I am astonished that you are so quickly deserting the one who called you by the grace of Christ and are turning to a different gospel-- which is really no gospel at all. Evidently some people are throwing you into confusion and are trying to pervert the gospel of Christ. But even if we or an angel from heaven should preach a gospel other than the one we preached to you, let him be eternally condemned! As we have already said, so now I say again: If anybody is preaching to you a gospel other than what you accepted, let him be eternally condemned!

An angel appeared to Mohammed and preached a different gospel. Paul wrote a warning about this type of event more than 500 years before it happened.

you see just like i thought . ... you didn't even watch the video...

it blows the bible with bible verses if you watched the video ....

your quote verses are in there and he breaks it down for you to show you how wrong you are ?

all you have to do is watch it and deny ignorance ...

please don't make me type out the part about him breaking downt he trinity ????

watch the video don't churp untill you actually watch it ????

he destroys the bible with the bible... but you have to watch =)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join