It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Toronto imam charged in 5 sex assaults

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 08:05 PM
link   

TORONTO, Aug. 18 (UPI) -- A Toronto imam was in jail Thursday facing 13 charges of sexually assaulting five male and female victims since November 2008, Toronto Police said.

At a news conference Wednesday, Detective Karen Armstrong said Mohammad Masroor, 48, an assistant imam and a married father of two daughters and three sons was being held in jail until a court appearance Monday to face sexual assault and death threat charges, the Toronto Sun reported.

Read more: www.upi.com...

Related Thread.

Expecting more victims out of this:

Masroor is a native of Bangladesh and has travelled extensively before coming to Canada in 2008, police said. He has lived and taught in Florida, Michigan, France, Germany, Hungary, Singapore and Sri Lanka, and police said they would be contacting authorities in those states and countries. Read more: www.upi.com...

So, It makes you wonder if this abuse of power is prevalent in all religions. It clearly isn't isolated to just one. Religion gives too much power to certain individuals. I think people relieve their doubts about others when religion is brought into the picture.

People are messed up. No religion is going to get rid of that. And it seems like a lot of them just attract the strange folk because they get by without criticism.

Of course, the man is innocent until proven guilty and all that stuff.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 08:09 PM
link   
It never shocks me when something stupid happens in toronto.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 08:09 PM
link   
Double post
edit on 11/8/18 by metaldemon2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 08:10 PM
link   
Triple post

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 08:10 PM
link   
Quadruple post

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 08:11 PM
link   
Too many posts to count
Sorry

link   
My browser hung up so I closed.it. didn't think it posted anything at all.

link   
reply to post by boncho

Personally, I think that you have to be a bit twisted to believe any religion, but you certainly have to be REALLY twisted to devote your life to being a religious leader. It's really not surprising to me when we find out that the most devout of any religion are the most #ed up. (Except Buddhists for some reason... not sure why they don't fall into the norm of hurting innocent people for their own gratification...)

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 08:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by metaldemon2000

I think you may have hit the post button a few times too many.

Or you really don't like Toronto....

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 08:33 PM
link   
And no im not a big fan of toronto.
lots of.ignorant people and tons of crime.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 09:01 PM
link   

I hate to break this to you, but stupid things happen every day, and everywhere.

For example, Just a minute ago I almost died laughing because somebody managed to 6 x post in one shot!

Sorry Metal, I couldn't resist, that was too funny!

ETA: On the plus side, you managed to get your post count up

Boncho, I completely agree with you, people are messed up. This kind of stuff really bothers me. There are sick people all over, but more worrying is when they are people that the community trust and look up to.
edit on 18-8-2011 by TortoiseKweek because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 09:25 PM
link   

And no im not a big fan of toronto.
lots of.ignorant people and tons of crime.

I don't think ignorance has a geography. As for crime, Toronto is known to be one of the safest cities in Canada. Can't blame you for not being a big fun of Toronto though. To many country or little town people find this city to hard to live in. But for torontonians is the sweetest place ever

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 09:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Q:1984A:1776

almost ..

Sex Scandal Has Buddhists Looking With In

www.nytimes.com...

Toronto is great diversity of multiculturlism . But in some areas thats becoming very excessive and its turning into there hometown with disgusting habbits that are unacceptable in modern day society . But they go on there merry little ways without even caring if they offend anyone or if anyone minds.... crazy world we live in ..

as for this imam! screw him that pervert! another wolf in sheeps clothing
edit on 18-8-2011 by seedofchucky because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 10:27 AM
link   
reply to post by boncho

is that really you boncho?
sorry i must of missed the punchline

just kidding

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 03:14 PM
link   
reply to post by seedofchucky

That was an example of how a Buddhist teacher was having an affair with another woman, and allegedly several other women. I fail to see how you equate this with child molestation. Buddhism has no dogma concerning sex, other than it will distract you from your "spiritual" work. I think that this is one of the reasons why they don't molest children, because they are allowed to pursue a natural and normal sexual relationship, instead of being suppressed to the point of their minds becoming so twisted that they have to prey on those weaker than them. Now, I'm sure molestation has happened in the Buddhist religion, I just think it isn't common like other religions.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 08:30 PM
link   

"Recently a journalist investigating the phenomenon of Tibetan Buddhism, stumbled across some alarming evidence concerning paedophilia in a Tibetan monastery. Not so long ago, a young boy aged 7 had been inducted into a monastery directly under the Dalai Lama in the hills of West Bengal . Amazingly he had himself insisted that he had wanted to go to a monastery for further studies. The parents of the boy had been naïve, even though closely associated with the monastery for many generations, until the mystery was unraveled. The boy had stayed there for about eight months and by the time he fled the monastery, he had been scarred for life. Initially he had been extremely reticent about telling his parents concerning what had happened. But slowly the truth had emerged.

The monastery he had gone to was a den of vice, even though it claimed to be of the Gelugpa persuasion – 'those who uphold virtue'. The Dalai Lama is the head of this tradition! "

lamashree.org...

Chilld Abuse by buddhist clergy

"The Time Has Come To End Child Monk Sex Slavery - Pedophilia Among The Buddhist Clergy

Professor Gananath Obeysekara's views on buddhist child monks and sexual abuse within monastery

In a recent article Dr. Obeysekere was quoted regarding his views on child monks. The article stated:"

downthecrookedpath-meditation-gurus.blogspot.com...

google is your friend

also don't forget the daila lama and his slave trade back in the day that gets brushed away pretty quick

you see what you and many others confuse when you see peodo's in religion its nothing but wolfs in sheeps clothing...

has nothing to do with the religion

its just a bad seed trying to use that religion as a guise

his actions speak louder then words

this 'imam" is nothing but a pedo playing religious leader ...

but hes outta the game now because he was caught

same with the buddhists

im sure there are plenty of them also but they know how to hush hush better and deal with in

but the ones who are really pedo's can't really be buddhists because no true buddhists or true religious leader serving god would ever violate such a sacraed trust

edit on 19-8-2011 by seedofchucky because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 02:36 PM
link   

As I said, I'm sure that such an atrocious act happens within all religions, including Buddhism. I'm sure that it happens in all kinds of secular organizations as well. While I agree that the act has nothing to do with Buddhism itself, one can't say the same for any of the Abrahamic religions, as sex with children was completely acceptable by those religions as long as the 40 year old man was married to the 12 year old girl, or raped her and then married her. To say that the people committing such acts now, are wolves in sheep's clothing, is to show your ignorance of the laws set forth by the founders of those religions.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 06:46 PM
link   
"is to show your ignorance of the laws set forth by the founders of those religions"

who sets the laws ? "god" or traditions?

people mix up traditions with gods law in scripture

i doubt the founders said hey pedophilia and forced sexual content with children not even teens?

there are girls who burn them selfs with acid or set them selfs on fire when forced to marry at young age .. clearly this a violtion...

the girls are not old enough to make decisions at those ages nor is there brains developed enough to make decisions to the best of there ability

forcing them violates no complusion in religion

if they is no comlusion then a simple no would be enough to not get married

but they overrided that and took away such rights because of tradition and forced back then and forced today

makes it a tradition problem not a scripture "law"

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 07:07 PM
link   

No, Mosaic law is to blame for this, as it was set down as LAW, not tradition. Supposedly that man was inspired by God, if not directly commanded to write those things down as LAW, so this is a problem with that "god" as well. Concerning Islam, their "prophet" also wrote down LAWS concerning marriage of CHILDREN to grown men. These were not suggestions, or simply traditions that came about from an interpretation of a scripture, these laws were set down by sick religious leaders, who were supposedly doing so as a proxy for their "god". I'm sorry, but the corruption is inherent to the religions, as well as the sick people who practice or defend such actions themselves.
Edit to add: Is English your first language? It is hard to understand you sometimes.
edit on 21-8-2011 by Q:1984A:1776 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 08:34 PM
link   

could you show me where it advocates pedophilia here?

en.wikipedia.org...

"Concerning Islam, their "prophet" also wrote down LAWS concerning marriage of CHILDREN to grown men"

no he didn't i would love to see you source this please. Hadiths were not written by the prophet they were written after he died by broken telephone .. hadiths = traditions passed on a.k.a pedophilia .

Source from quran please.

could you show this in the quran please? you know islams primary source ?

all this is tied in with traditions and no laws ...

"Is English your first language? It is hard to understand you sometimes"

it is certainly not.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join