It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Australia protesting - Carbon Tax!

page: 9
<< 6  7  8   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 02:34 AM
link   
reply to post by aaron2209

Exactly, trying to salvage the protest flop from world-class embarrassment. What a joke.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 06:27 PM
link   
Yes democracy is dead when 0.004% of the population turns up for a protest and doesn't get the re-election they are demanding

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 09:51 PM
link   
It's an indication of how apathetic people here have become.

Everyone was too busy sitting at home, mumbling about an absurd tax, whilst jacked into American Idol...

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 10:33 PM
link   
reply to post by TRiPWiRE

American Idol is screened during the day in Australia?

This rally was during the day time, when most Australians are working, how many Australians can take time off work for a few days to travel down to Canberra? (traveling costs and accomodation expenses involved)

How many Australians really want to be aligned with Alan Jones who arent too keen on The Carbon Tax?

Where you at the rally?

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 01:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Ellen15

Technically it would have taken a couple of days to get to Canberra for some. Days are followed by nights. Night time is when these shows are on. Besides, I used it as an example. I could have just as easily stated "at home jacked into their Xboxes" or something.

And yes. Yes I was. Relations of mine own a transport company. Its only the second time I had been to our countries capital in my life. I wish it was more of an event. Sadly it was not.

EDIT: I should also point out that I'm involved in handing out brochures / mail drops via the "Stop Gillards Carbon Tax Movement".
I too do not like Allan Jones though. He's lied regarding trucks being stopped at the border.

edit on 23/8/11 by TRiPWiRE because: To add other stuff I'm involved in r.e. attempting to stop a bogus tax.

edit on 23/8/11 by TRiPWiRE because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 12:43 PM
link   
yes day and nights that fall on a working day, that many just can not afford to take off like that these days

Well done btw

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 02:34 AM
link   
I think the real problem is that no amount of protesting will make any impact whatsoever. The only protest that will make a difference is a protest vote. Abbot has claimed he will repeal the tax if he is elected anyway, but i bet he doesn't. He's dead on to win the next election. There is no way Labor will remain in power after this. The problem with this country is you have to vote one way or the other with preference votes. This is how they are keeping a two party system in place.

Whoever has the ability to get power, will do everything in it can to take or keep power, as we have seen. If Gillard had have said to the greens, 'No, we promised we wouldn't bring in that tax'. They would have gotten power anyway. The Greens where never going to align with Abbot regardless. This is just about holding onto power on every issue and it is a perfect example of the disgraceful behavior coming out of our politicians.

Between Rudd and Gillard they have passed more laws, regulations, etc than all other prime ministers in Australian History combined. Talk about a bunch of power mad lunatics.
edit on 24-8-2011 by Gravity215 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 09:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gravity215
I think the real problem is that no amount of protesting will make any impact whatsoever. The only protest that will make a difference is a protest vote. Abbot has claimed he will repeal the tax if he is elected anyway, but i bet he doesn't. He's dead on to win the next election. There is no way Labor will remain in power after this. The problem with this country is you have to vote one way or the other with preference votes. This is how they are keeping a two party system in place.

Whoever has the ability to get power, will do everything in it can to take or keep power, as we have seen. If Gillard had have said to the greens, 'No, we promised we wouldn't bring in that tax'. They would have gotten power anyway. The Greens where never going to align with Abbot regardless. This is just about holding onto power on every issue and it is a perfect example of the disgraceful behavior coming out of our politicians.

Between Rudd and Gillard they have passed more laws, regulations, etc than all other prime ministers in Australian History combined. Talk about a bunch of power mad lunatics.
edit on 24-8-2011 by Gravity215 because: (no reason given)

Yep labor are ruled by communist. Mind you the people did show they'd had enough of the two main parties and labor used it to to do shady deals and manipulate the political system. In fact labor thumbed its nose at the population and slipped in like the dictators they are..

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 10:06 PM
link   
www.abc.net.au...

Gillards hold on the Prime Minister position is fragile anyway. If this guy goes down she loses a vital seat.

A re-election could be forced upon her.

Hopefully.

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 07:44 PM
link   
For anyone who is interested in more news on the science side of the global warming HOAX

CERN Experiment Confirms Cosmic Rays Influence Cloud Seeds
The cloudier it is the more energy is reflected and the lower the TSI

The other missing piece. (Earth's Magnetic field deflects Cosnmic rays)
Magnetic field vs temperature

NASA Finds Sun-Climate Connection in Old Nile Records

Study of Dust in Ice Cores Shows Volcanic Eruptions Interfere with the Effect of Sunspots on Global Climate -- University at Buffalo

These articles confirm the Sun's influence on climate.

Respected geologist, George Kukla,...

..Kukla emerged from behind the Iron Curtain and found refuge at Columbia’s Lamont-Doherty Geological Observatory (now called the Earth Observatory) where he still works....

George Kukla:

Well almost all of us have been pretty sure that there were only four ice ages, separated by relatively long warm intervals. But now we know that there were twenty in the last two million years. And the warm periods are much shorter than we believed originally. They are something around 10,000 years long. and I’m sorry to say that the one we are living in now has just passed its 10,000 year birthday. That of course means that the ice age is due now any time.

....In this post I’ll summarize what was going on in the mid-1970s, about ice age science and climate policy, before catching up with what Kukla thinks nowadays about the coming ice age....
calderup.wordpress.com...

I did an analysis of the science and politics from 1970 to 2010 in the thread: The Ultimate Conspiracy Theory!

One thing no one ever questions is if the Elite have knowledge of a fast approaching ICE AGE!

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 03:41 AM
link   
reply to post by aaron2209

I have to respectfully disagree with your assumption that the average Aussie doesn't care because they didn't go to Canberra to protest the Carbon tax. Most of us have jobs, families and responsibilities that prevent us from making the trip to Canberra. I would have loved to be there and added my voice to any protests against the Carbon tax and the toxic Gillard government. The sooner they are relegated to history the better.

<< 6  7  8   >>

join