It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Australia protesting - Carbon Tax!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 10:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by DevilsApprentice

Originally posted by aaron2209

I was hoping you would elaborate on how the carbon tax will cause Australians to lose jobs to migrants ......

I'm not a migrant , and nor are those who will take advantage of employment opportunities using the 457 visas . I'm a contracted employee working for , and sponsored by , a Multinational company .

In short .. I've taken a job from an Australian citizen .

I'd suggest you take advantage of the internet and do some research on the visa system and see how it will be used against Australians, just as it was used in the US , against US citizens .

Thanks for the Job

So this is not related to the carbon tax? I'm not seeing the link.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 10:08 PM
link   
reply to post by aaron2209

I have not been swayed by Tony or the others as there is reasonable evidence suggesting that Climate Change is not affected by anthropogenic means, as the Labor pary states so.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 10:10 PM
link   
reply to post by badnickname

Thanks for the words mate. Hopefully the protests become bigger until they are either fully national realised or internationally realised.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 10:16 PM
link   
reply to post by badnickname

What a surprise ! Not... the Rothchild family are involved. Is this not the name behind the United Nations and the Carbon Trading Schemes !

Off to research Blackstone Group now..

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 10:23 PM
link   

edit on 18-8-2011 by orangutang because: post failed to materialize

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 10:27 PM
link   

So this is not related to the carbon tax? I'm not seeing the link.

LoL

This is funny

You said

Jobs will not be lost over this. That is purely a fear campaign by the mining companies because they face making a few less million a year. We have minerals, mining companies want them. They will sacrifice a few $$$ to continue reaping millions in profit.

I said

I'm currently working in Australia on a 457 visa , many more will follow .

Then I said

Might be best to look and see if a deal is done on this

You, my friend ,can't see what's right in front of your nose .. Mining will not sacrifice at all

I say again Carbon Tax will cost jobs .

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 10:30 PM
link   
Dear God,

Since 97% of all carbon dioxode emissions are natural (volcanoes etc), I am forced to send you a carbon tax bill for your contributions to global warming. As one of our top 500 polluters, you will be now required to pay ten million billion trillion dollars per annum in perpetuity.

Kind regards

Prime Minister Julia Gillard.

Now I know I'm being a bit ridiculous with the above but I'm already seeing price increases on water and power. BIG increases. As I stated in another thread, my wife and I planned to have another child. We aren't now because we seem to be supporting everyone else with our income except ourselves.

She lied. I cant believe people just let that slide. "There will be NO carbon tax under my leadership"... How can we trust this person in any way is completely beyond me.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 10:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by daaskapital
The Australian people have had enough of Julia Gillard undermining the definition of Democracy. She has forced upon us a Carbon Tax that will negatively affect the Australian economy, and our exports. She will not go to an election to see what the people think.

On Tuesday, there was a turn up of 3000-4000 people protesting out the front of the Canberra parliament house. They all want a re-election and no Carbon Tax. Truckies and small businesses are travelling from all corners of Australia to protest at the parliament house on Monday. It is expected for the tax to get voted in next month, then officially start in july next year. Some protesters are threatening a protest reminiscent of that previously seen in Britain!

Good luck with the protest

Though my opinion is you will find it difficult to convince some that this is not a good idea , some will not see the truth.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 10:36 PM
link   
reply to post by TRiPWiRE

Exactly right mate. I want a re-election. I think Tony Abbot will do a better job than what Julia could ever do.

link   
reply to post by DevilsApprentice

I do miss obvious things sometimes so I am asking to please explain to me how the carbon tax is related to mining companies and 457 visas? Considering that article is from months ago and even if printed yesterday is not evidence of the carbon tax costing jobs because the carbon tax isn't in effect yet.

I'm seriously not getting it. Put it in black and white for me. If i'm being ignorant, inform me.
edit on 18-8-2011 by aaron2209 because: (no reason given)

link   

Thanks mate. Some people are just too ignorant to think outside the box.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 10:40 PM
link   
Nobody likes a great big new tax!
Both major parties have pledged to cut the greenhouse gas emissions by 5% by 2020!

So what's the options? Gillard's (great big) carbon tax or Abbott's direct action option.

Hmmm, direct action sounds better, but wait, that's going to cost money to implement. Except instead of taxing the big polluters who will just offset their losses by charging us more, the Abbott's plan is to just charge us directly in taxes.

Obviously the tax payers are going to be screwed...

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 10:42 PM
link   
reply to post by yizzel

I hate our leaders

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 10:51 PM
link   
reply to post by daaskapital

Me too!!!!

They are all a bunch of lying scumbags...

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 10:57 PM
link   

I'm seriously not getting it. Put it in black and white for me.

I pose this scenario ...

Gillard proposes a Carbon Tax ... Business is aghast , this will impact our bottom line

PR machine is turned loose , mining screams of job lose for Australians

Government says no this will not happen .

Mining continues to scream ,( but at the same time continues to import labour using 457 visa
)

Government really needs business on side with this issue to fool the public into believing that Tax is in their best interest.

Questions for you ..look at the big picture .

Can backroom deals be done to benefit both Goverment and Mining ( think cheap labour here) in this matter ?....
Have deals be made before ?

Would such a deal cost jobs for Australians ?

Watch and see what happens

That is all from me

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 10:57 PM
link   
reply to post by yizzel

Couldn't be more right mate

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 11:04 PM
link   
I hope something big comes out of the truck convoy on Monday. It should be a prett ybig event

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 11:08 PM
link   

Thank you. I see what you are saying now but I myself am not convinced. If there are back room dealings going on why is big business still funding a scare campaign against the tax?

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 11:13 PM
link   
reply to post by aaron2209

Maybe its not a scare campaign? Maybe, just maybe, it is a real aspect to be recognised
edit on 18-8-2011 by daaskapital because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 11:34 PM
link   

Thank you. I see what you are saying now but I myself am not convinced. If there are back room dealings going on why is big business still funding a scare campaign against the tax?

Government is Business and Business is Government.

Look carefully at the ownership of the Mining companies and their relationship with Government , one cannot function without the other . Look carefully at what's happening overseas ,,, Look at the attack on middle class citizens worldwide . .Australians are not immune to current social and economic pressures , you may think you are , but I most certainly do not.

Peace

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join