It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Australia protesting - Carbon Tax!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 08:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by sonofliberty1776

Originally posted by aaron2209

Originally posted by LightAssassin
reply to post by aaron2209

Dude, you are crazy.

These companies are just going to pass on the costs to us....It's just an attempt to milk the citizens even more.

Prices will go up ---> We will be compensated ---> Businesses see they can save money by turning to renewable energy ---> Offer their product at a lower price to their competitors because of the saving ---> Competitors see said company paying less carbon tax therefore increasing their bottom line so they follow suit
A lot simpler to just pass the cost along to the consumer. The bottom line stays the same, and no unnecessary investments required.

Are you saying a company will sit idly by and not jump at the chance to increase profits by switching to renewable energies? I think not.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 08:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Thurisaz

I'm not trying to promote a revolution. I am just stating the facts. Personally yes i would like a re-election

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 08:32 PM
link   
reply to post by daaskapital

Bloody carbon tax... bloody JuuuuuLIAR. Carbon increases by 40%... ok so encourage companies to find solutions to filter it, reduce it, bury it. Plant more trees they love the stuff and helps balance the atmospheric gases.. Meanwhile the Fed Govt does nothing to halt Coal Seam Gas mining in residential areas of towns and cities. A huge contributor to the 150% increase in Methane which is 21 times more effective at heating and trapping green house gases around the planet.

Meanwhile... Carbon trading schemes are the biggest scam on the planet outstripping the drug cartels in illegal profits. See Germany and the Deutsch Bank for the latest raids on this money making racket.
More taxes to flow on down to the poorest of people who can least afford it, I see enough beggars on the city streets already.

And Climate Change... another ridiculous concept... since when has the climate been stable, nothing stays the same its the law of nature... if it was static it would stagnate. Of course the bloody climate has to change. Good grief ! Its not always going to be a stable process, at times its done this with great speed. Snap frozen Mammoths with buttercups in their mouths comes to mind. Not a single factory/car/mine in sight.

Tax the Oz electricity providers but keep supplying China with coal where there is a permanent atmospheric soup covering their major cities. China won't tax her people neither will the US or India.

Damn... should have been a re election rather than the current system where so few have so much say. Damn... look at the alternative... Phoney Wrabbit... boy wonder doesn't wear leotards but thankfully he remembers to put on his red budgie smugglers. Why he walks like John Wayne or someone weight lifting their testicles while they walk, is any one's guess.

Every one I know is ticked off with this money grabbing bullcrap tax. Time to get creative and solutions not create more financial problems. Since when has a tax solved anything!

edit on 18-8-2011 by LexiconV because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 08:34 PM
link   
Yes you're correct OP, 80% against.This Government is in alot of trouble and most I speak to have had it to the back teeth.We have had enough and will not be walked over without a fight.They choose not to hear us,well now they won't get a choice.
Funny how the media won't give this any air play,most are unaware that this is even taking place.Won't be able to hide this much longer as things will heat up next week with the truck convoy locking down the State Capitol until the Government agrees to go to a election. This country will start to grind to a hault.

Gillard may lose the Government yet with the prostitution scandle brewing.Bye bye,don't let the door hit your ass on the way out!

link   

OMG I could not get over the title of this thread...

AUSTRALIA - PROTESTING... like wow...the protesting and civil unrest is spreading to Australia...

eeeek!!

What a load of bollocks!

It is a political issue and it is hotly debated... no civil unrest here...

link   

John Howard went to an election for it, unlike Gillard

link   

Originally posted by sonofliberty1776

Dude, you are crazy.

These companies are just going to pass on the costs to us....It's just an attempt to milk the citizens even more.

Prices will go up ---> We will be compensated ---> Businesses see they can save money by turning to renewable energy ---> Offer their product at a lower price to their competitors because of the saving ---> Competitors see said company paying less carbon tax therefore increasing their bottom line so they follow suit
A lot simpler to just pass the cost along to the consumer. The bottom line stays the same, and no unnecessary investments required.

Are you saying a company will sit idly by and not jump at the chance to increase profits by switching to renewable energies? I think not.
Can they switch to renewable energy for free? They can just pass the costs along to you for free.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 08:37 PM
link   

No, but it is a SOCIAL ISSUE

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 08:37 PM
link   
reply to post by 13th Zodiac

all those calling for a re-election.... raise your hand!!

yanno...Gillard is just another sock puppet...just like all the talking heads we have had in the past.

Who is going to be the next sock puppet??

oh please don't say.... "Mr I look ugly wearing speedos, put me off my food Liberal???"

LOL

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 08:39 PM
link   

BS.

People are not going to be compensated for living carbon free, they will still have to pay taxes. What about people who live in a close-to carbon neutral household...THEY STILL HAVE TO PAY CARBON TAX. The power companies STILL HAVE PUT RATES UP.

It is BS.

Just like the Flood Levy Tax. Well that one is even more so.

link   

Any one is better than Gillard at this moment in time

link   
reply to post by sonofliberty1776

Yes indeedy do.... plenty of incentives and REBATES (tax offsets) on offer!!

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 08:41 PM
link   

Just like the Flood Levy Tax. Well that one is even more so.

what about the Save The River Murray Levy? Or the Emergency Services Levy (that was supposed to be a once off)

yeah we are all suckers...but what would we do if we all had more money???

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 08:41 PM
link   

Jobs will not be lost over this. That is purely a fear campaign by the mining companies because they face making a few less million a year. We have minerals, mining companies want them. They will sacrifice a few $$$ to continue reaping millions in profit.

Prices will not "sky rocket". I suggest you look at the estimates. Pretty much everyone will be compensated via other tax cuts.

What is wrong with leading the way with something? We seem to boast about being the first in the world with our stupid nanny state ideas like Conroys internet filter and tobacco legislation.

Minning doesn't say this, common bloody scense say's this! Are you an adult or what? Time to grow up friend.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 08:42 PM
link   

You and that aaron guy are blind. You can't see the hole stroy here. We are screwed if it passes. The Government is dead set on getting it in. They say nothing can stop it. Why are they all in a rush. Its not like we are going to stop anything by putting it in. I guess they all want the money

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 08:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by 13th Zodiac

Jobs will not be lost over this. That is purely a fear campaign by the mining companies because they face making a few less million a year. We have minerals, mining companies want them. They will sacrifice a few $$$ to continue reaping millions in profit.

Prices will not "sky rocket". I suggest you look at the estimates. Pretty much everyone will be compensated via other tax cuts.

What is wrong with leading the way with something? We seem to boast about being the first in the world with our stupid nanny state ideas like Conroys internet filter and tobacco legislation.

Minning doesn't say this, common bloody scense say's this! Are you an adult or what? Time to grow up friend.

Ok right, so as of July if/when it comes into effect, all business will close down and Australia will come to a stand still? Mines will close and they will just walk away from the minerals?

I am an adult and can see past these scare tactics driven by big business who are being dragged kicking and screaming into behaving more responsibly.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 08:48 PM
link   
reply to post by 13th Zodiac

Its horrible. We should at least go to an election.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 08:49 PM
link   

Its not "if" it comes into being, it is when. The Government is dead set on passing this

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 08:49 PM
link   
only time will tell with our model of the CT, everything else is speculation. My dad said many years ago "mark my words you will have to pay to breath" over 25 years ago. and now well.......

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 08:50 PM
link   

haihdgneklng oahhgh regjiofghiorhgohrt856 905-i 9u4t0u6 2uri
fg aojg9 yutuy 905uojgfih uw45 yuuty45uyu90thg;tr9043504765499485 g r
p -yOPjy9' uryoue0tjrhois'tdf yqrgruypuar9ga jh'terya

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join