It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Australia protesting - Carbon Tax!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+10 more 
posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 07:48 PM
link   
The Australian people have had enough of Julia Gillard undermining the definition of Democracy. She has forced upon us a Carbon Tax that will negatively affect the Australian economy, and our exports. She will not go to an election to see what the people think.

On Tuesday, there was a turn up of 3000-4000 people protesting out the front of the Canberra parliament house. They all want a re-election and no Carbon Tax. Truckies and small businesses are travelling from all corners of Australia to protest at the parliament house on Monday. It is expected for the tax to get voted in next month, then officially start in july next year. Some protesters are threatening a protest reminiscent of that previously seen in Britain!

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 07:57 PM
link   
Please don't speak for me. I am for the Carbon Tax as are a lot of people. It's a media beat up because they are in bed with big business and big business wants to continue raping this country for as much profit as they can get while we all suffer the consequences.

Which British protest? Please don't say you are referring to the recent riots?
edit on 18-8-2011 by aaron2209 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 08:00 PM
link   
reply to post by aaron2209

Are you serious? The news channels i have watched are all for the Carbon Tax. They support the Labor party. I do not wish to speak for you, nor will i do. However the facts state that somewhere around 20% are in support, whereas around 80% are against.

There are people stating that they may riot similar to that of the British ones. I'm only stating what i read on the internet news
edit on 18-8-2011 by daaskapital because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 08:05 PM
link   
Good luck in fighting this travesty. Our lord and master also wants this for us. I always knew that they would find a way to tax us for breathing air.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 08:09 PM
link   
reply to post by sonofliberty1776

link   

link   

Thanks mate, some people are pissed off over here, lol.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 08:12 PM
link   
Why are people so afraid of the carbon tax?

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 08:13 PM
link   
Simple solution for carbon, plant trees, they need carbon to grow.
They will exhale oxygen that we need to breath, so we have a connection with nature

But ofcourse we should not think and just destroy the rainforrest or any other forrest for land and profit.
That is what counts, money and productivity, and if we can loot by spreading false information about carbon, then surely we will as it means more money but no less polution.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 08:16 PM
link   

I don't know. Maybe because it can have a negative impact on our economy, maybe because prices will skyrocket, maybe because Juliar Gillard lied to us all. There has been recent breakthroughs and proof stating that greenhouse gas emissions arent as bad as previously thouht. Australia hardly even contributes to the global emisions rate, yet we have to be the first big country to impose a full on carbon tax

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 08:19 PM
link   

Dude, you are crazy.

These companies are just going to pass on the costs to us....It's just an attempt to milk the citizens even more.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 08:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by daaskapital

I don't know. Maybe because it can have a negative impact on our economy, maybe because prices will skyrocket, maybe because Juliar Gillard lied to us all. There has been recent breakthroughs and proof stating that greenhouse gas emissions arent as bad as previously thouht. Australia hardly even contributes to the global emisions rate, yet we have to be the first big country to impose a full on carbon tax

Jobs will not be lost over this. That is purely a fear campaign by the mining companies because they face making a few less million a year. We have minerals, mining companies want them. They will sacrifice a few $$$ to continue reaping millions in profit.

Prices will not "sky rocket". I suggest you look at the estimates. Pretty much everyone will be compensated via other tax cuts.

What is wrong with leading the way with something? We seem to boast about being the first in the world with our stupid nanny state ideas like Conroys internet filter and tobacco legislation.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 08:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by LightAssassin

Dude, you are crazy.

These companies are just going to pass on the costs to us....It's just an attempt to milk the citizens even more.

Prices will go up ---> We will be compensated ---> Businesses see they can save money by turning to renewable energy ---> Offer their product at a lower price to their competitors because of the saving ---> Competitors see said company paying less carbon tax therefore increasing their bottom line so they follow suit

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 08:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by aaron2209
Why are people so afraid of the carbon tax?
It is based on a lie to begin with. It's real purpose is to give governments another source of revenue. They "tax companies" but the companies just pass the cost along to the consumers. Basically, every time you buy a gallon of gas(or purchase any other polluting substance) you pay another tax on top of what you are already paying. It is a hidden tax.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 08:26 PM
link   

According to the Victorian government, they are pretty sure Australia will be damaged by it. They claim that thousands of jobs will be lost. So its not just the Mining companies stating it. Julia Gillard said that the public will get some tax cuts up to like a thousand dollars. Compare that to the amount of supplies you have to buy for every day life. You, i and the rest of the general public are getting screwed over.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 08:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by aaron2209

Originally posted by LightAssassin

Dude, you are crazy.

Prices will go up ---> We will be compensated ---> Businesses see they can save money by turning to renewable energy ---> Offer their product at a lower price to their competitors because of the saving ---> Competitors see said company paying less carbon tax therefore increasing their bottom line so they follow suit
A lot simpler to just pass the cost along to the consumer. The bottom line stays the same, and no unnecessary investments required.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 08:28 PM
link   
reply to post by daaskapital

What a load of poppy cock...

Australia is the most boring place on the Earth ... civil unrest??? LOL

while your trying to promote some kind of 'revolution' .. lmao go for it... I will throw another shrimp on the barbie and have a few beers to wash it down!!

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 08:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by daaskapital

According to the Victorian government, they are pretty sure Australia will be damaged by it. They claim that thousands of jobs will be lost. So its not just the Mining companies stating it. Julia Gillard said that the public will get some tax cuts up to like a thousand dollars. Compare that to the amount of supplies you have to buy for every day life. You, i and the rest of the general public are getting screwed over.

Which party is in power in Vic

Job losses are always threatened by those in opposition when they oppose an idea.

We won't be screwed over. The difference will be negligible. Remember we were all going to go broke when John Howard broke his promise and introduced the GST?

link   
Well, then I want to charge the government a tax on using my trees to convert carbon dioxide to oxygen. The more trees I have the more I should get, or a credit against the carbon tax anyway. Hey, if their side of the argument is valid, then so is the other side of the coin!

link   
reply to post by daaskapital

nonsense poopy pants!!

in terms of price increases... the CT will amount to bugger all.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join