It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Washington tried to snatch 1-5 With Document File

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 01:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Gorman91

Any sort of, you know, reputable soure besides this clearly biased one?

Sorry but i find Western Sources to be biased as well

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 01:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

You made the claim, now please back it up with facts / sources.

i already have as for your sources they are western sources which they always lie to protect the government interest.

The US did NOT steal anything. They siezed Libyan assets per the UN resolution along with all other countries who had libyan government assets within their borders.

What the US did in this case was to make a written request to the UN to have seized funds transfered to the NTC.

UN This UN That and UN is protecting the american government om every war they have started

US did in this case was to make a written request to the UN to have seized funds transfered to the NTC.

sometimes that doesnt always work like that ths war has been about power, oil, and loans rather then paying the debts of gaddafi, they are stealing the money with the cliams of giving it to the TNC.

edit on 20-8-2011 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 02:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Agent_USA_Supporter

When you actually decide to come back to the conversation let us know. Secondly I went back and read the first page, and there are no sources listed by you that supports your claims.

The OP source is valid, but taken out of context because it barely references the origional UN Resolution. The OP source, combined with the UNR paragraph 19 (if I remeber right) of the UN Resolution authorzing the no fly zone, places the OP source into perspective.

UN passes resolution to authorize a no fly zone. It also required countries to seize Libyan assets / bank accounts.
The resolution has no language built in that would allow a transfer of those funds to another entity.

Enter the OP source. That post is the letter requesting the UN authorize the release of libyan funds seized in the US (like 100 million). Of that amount only a little more than half would be sent to the NTC, can only be used for humanitarian issues, and can only be used in areas the rebels occupy.

Additional funds can be released and used in non controlled territory, but they NTC must have a game plan on how it is to be spent.

Again, the OP source is the letter itself referencing the origional UN resolution, and then goes into the request for change in status of those funds so they can be distrubuted to the NTC.

I summed it up for you in one nice neat package. No media sources were used. You can find the UN Resolution, as well as the request, on the UNs offical website (unless you are going to make an argument that the UN is now part of the conspiracy?).

So once again, please provide a source to support your claims the US was stealing money. Trying to obfuscate is clearly not working for you, and your use of a faceroll argument is not panning out either. The OP himself clarified his post to take into the UN resolution to place it into perspective. You claim the Us stole the money, and in the post above you are now suggesting that the Us is stealing the money by sying its going to the TNC.

Also, please provide your source to confirm the US is refusing to give the money to the TNC.
edit on 20-8-2011 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 02:29 AM
link   

Everything is biased. But when just one website releases something like that, and when we actually look at the reporters, and their histories, it becomes undoubtedly biased to an extreme. This is no different than Fox News to be honest.

I usually have a rule about BBC being the most centered, and that a combination of Fox, NBC, and BBC with a pinch of CNN gives enough views to cancel it out. But what I see here is one underground website.

It's not even western or eastern. You could find it on a good source like al jazeera then. But no. It's one unknown website with no sources.

Ergo, it's a fake.
edit on 20-8-2011 by Gorman91 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 03:11 AM
link   

You could find it on a good source like al jazeera then

al jazeera has no good sources do you even know who made al jazeera?

is an independent broadcaster owned by the state of Qatar through the Qatar Media Corporation and headquartered in Doha, Qatar

It isnt independent as it cliams

Source 1

Link 2

I Wouldnt be trutsting al jazeera.

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 04:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Agent_USA_Supporter

You could find it on a good source like al jazeera then

al jazeera has no good sources do you even know who made al jazeera?

is an independent broadcaster owned by the state of Qatar through the Qatar Media Corporation and headquartered in Doha, Qatar

It isnt independent as it cliams

Source 1

Link 2

I Wouldnt be trutsting al jazeera.

So Al Jazeera is another PressTV?

What is it about Al Jazeera that makes them non credible?

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 02:18 PM
link   

That's not a case for your file. It's still from just as much a biased website.

White you have to realize is that just because it's not mainstream, doesn't make it right.

I like Al Jezera. It's supplied news where its needed. Who runs it is irrelevant. What is reports is.

Hitler could run Fox News. if Fox News decided to report honestly with Hitler under it, I'd probably trust it more often.

Point remains, you are substituting more honest news with less honest biased independent sources. And for that, you have no right to claim truth to your news.

Th other news like Fox, NBC, etc etc have their checks and balances with British and American bloggers, commedians like Jon Stewart, and others. What checks and balances does your source have besides itself?

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 02:53 PM
link   

I like Al Jezera. It's supplied news where its needed. Who runs it is irrelevant. What is reports is.

with that post it shows you dont think and cant think for yourself you depend it on Al Jezera. Western MSM and also

Who runs it is irrelevant.

It does matter who runs it.

Point remains, you are substituting more honest news with less honest biased independent sources. And for that, you have no right to claim truth to your news.

biased independent sources? i could say the same the thing about the western media defending the East Libya TNC.

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 02:58 PM
link   

What is it about Al Jazeera that makes them non credible?

Everything in its reporting since the way Hillary Clinton stated and supported the news network by stating this.

"Viewership Of Al Jazeera Is Going Up In The United States Because It's Real News"

Real News eh? somehow i am doubting it.

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Oh, so in ohter words because Al Jazeera doesnt tow the typical middle east press releases they arent credible. Because the US deals with Al Jazeera, they arent credible.

If nothing is credible, what exactly is your purpose for posting in this thread? Keep in mind that the users on this site come from all over the world, with a bulk coming from countries who allow the freedom for people to explore all avenues of a story and question their government.

If you think the people are just going to accept what you say as absolute truth, may I suggest you research free media and its interaction with a free society. You would also learn that if a claim is made, its to be supported by facts, and not your opinion.

Please list of the credible news sources you use for your daily info. If western media / Al Jaeera cant be trusted, then direct us to what sources can be trusted.

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 04:06 PM
link   

But I don't see the western side of Libya as the good guys. And just because the US buys and funds them, doesn't make them evil.

As is the case of all things. Who funds it doesn't matter. You could pour in trillions of dollars into nazism. But no one will go along with it. But pouring just a few thousand into republic ideals, and you can go further than you could ever think.

This is the basis of your problem. Again, if Hitler poured a million dollars into the tea party, that wouldn't make the tea party a nazi organization.

The source of funding is not a indication of point of view.

You say I cannot think for myself, but your line of thinking is archaic and ignorant.

So again, where are your checks and balances for this website? Or do you not think for yourself and accept it as truth just because Fox or NBC didn't say it? Who's not thinking for themselves again?

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 05:18 PM
link   

If nothing is credible, what exactly is your purpose for posting in this thread? Keep in mind that the users on this site come from all over the world, with a bulk coming from countries who allow the freedom for people to explore all avenues of a story and question their government.

If nothing is credible, what exactly is your purpose for posting on my thread?

I could say the same thing about you whats your purpose for posting? and attacking me with your pro rebel crab? its not going to work here.

And also you said

free media and its interaction with a free society.

free society my behind this why i cant take you seriously since you believe that we have free media the western media let be either al jazeera or other western mainstream press they are all working for the same elites and the western agenda.

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 05:26 PM
link   

And so what if they are? If they continue to supply food and education, then what's wrong with that?

Like I said, we have checks and balances for the media. I take the recent Ron Paul fiasco for example. They were unbalnce, a check went into action. Jon Stewart spoke out. Next week, all of the sudden Ron Paul is on near every news channel.

So who are you to speak with such boastful words? May such ignorance as yours go down with the elites when they do go down. You're just accepting ignorance from the opposite spectrum.

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 05:43 PM
link   

And so what if they are? If they continue to supply food and education, then what's wrong with that?

education

No Free education no free health
Paying taxes to the day you die,

higher unemployment rate

See how democracy didnt help europeans the elections only benefited america and britian by installing pro western leaders.

then what's wrong with that?

well with kind of reply it shows how you dont understand this subject, everythings wrong if you love and support the globalists, CFR,IMF.

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 05:54 PM
link   

You're words have nothing to them. You say, but do not prove. Furthermore you just blatantly abandon points you lose.

If I didn't know better, I'd suspect you of being some sort of paid provocateur. The ignorance you continue on is astonishing.

Lets get started on what you said.

No Free education

Yes Free education. Up till college. And damn cheap for community college. And if you're smart enough, you get scholarships and don't pay a damn thing, like I did partially. So you are wrong there.

no free health

Yes free health, in several countries. Not all, but it is an ongoing argument. In due time, both insurance company and government option will be eliminated in favor for paying the doctor directly.

Paying taxes to the day you die,

Without taxes, we do not have our services. What would you expect? Taxes are high sometimes, lower other times. You can, if you desire, buy yourself a solar panel array, a mobile home, and avoid taxes. That's your choice.

higher unemployment rate

More people. What do you expect? The west suffers from an idea that everyone can be in college and manage a business. Not so. A world full of managers has no workers. Most people in the past went on to lead happy lives as farmers and mechanics and workers and skilled tradesmen. Around the 50s and 60s, the source for a great deal of wrong thinking, people began to think that you have to go to college to go anywhere in the world. And as a result, we have what we have today. This will stabilize itself in due time however.

See how democracy didnt help europeans the elections only benefited america and britian by installing pro western leaders.

That's because the population is changing. This is what happens when your native population has a borderline null growth rate while your immigrants have 5-3 children. America and England are more used to this fact, because they have historically had mobile populations. The rest of the west has not. Thus they are struggling in issues that England and America resolved in the early 1800s. Go read up your history. America had the same riots back then. History repeats.

So do tell me. What exactly do you say that's credible?

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 06:05 PM
link   

It would of been easier for you to just not even reply to my question, sine you are apparently completely incapable of answering them. You apparently cant take anytyhing seriously.

You ignore questions asked to you, you refuse to provide sources so we can see the info you see that allowed you to form your opinion of events.

What do you consider a real source of information and news.. Please share your sources with us so we can see the same thing you are basing your opinions on.

Simple request, and one you should not be scared of, unless your hiding something.

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 06:19 PM
link   
it seems to your always targeting me, every time i start to make a thread on the issue of Libya.

Well got news for ya your tricks arent going to work.

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 06:26 PM
link   

You ignore questions asked to you, you refuse to provide sources so we can see the info you see that allowed you to form your opinion of events.

i provided the source you two are the ones refuseing to believe it because it doesnt help your cause.

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 06:27 PM
link   

I had enough of you two pro rebel NATO Suppoters, it seems to your always targeting me, every time i start to make a thread on the issue of Libya.

Well got news for ya your tricks arent going to work.

Obfuscate by launching attacks on us all you want. This is what I was talking about with differences between western media and individual freedoms and dictatorial mideast media who are more akin to a court stenogrpaher than independent media source.

Please show us the sources you use to come to your conclusions?

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 06:28 PM
link   

i provided the source you two are the ones refuseing to believe it because it doesnt help your cause.

yeah, no you have not.. You have not linked to ANY outside media sources.What you have done is to attack us personally and attack western media, but you have never shown us your media sources you find credible. Dont beleive me, feel free to go back and read the thread like Ihave done. If I found sources, I wouldnt be wasting my time tying to get you to post them.

So please post your media sources you find credible so we can see how you arrive at your conclusions.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join