It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Washington tried to snatch 1-5 With Document File

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 07:36 PM
link   
DC Tried to snatch 1-5

The United States tried to seize on Monday 1 500 000 000 dollars owned by the Libyan state, but at the last minute South Africa got in its way. The documents emanating from this episode, and unveiled by Voltaire Network, reveal that the members of the CNT and their staff are the direct employees of a US entity.

- 500 000 000 dollars to the Temporary Financial Mechanism (TFM) for "salaries and operating expenses of Libyan civil servants, food subsidies, electricity and other humanitarian purchases." From this amount, 100 000 000 dollars will be provisioned to be subsequently allocated for the humanitarian needs of the Libyan people in areas not controlled by the National Transitional Council (CNT) once it will have established "a credible, transparent and effective" mechanism for handing over the funds.

In addition to exposing the rapacity of the United States, this incredible episode demonstrates that the self-proclaimed "Free Libya" of Misrata and Benghazi is not governed by the National Transitional Council (CNT), which is nothing but a facade, and a seriously cracked one at that. Eastern Libya is controlled by NATO and administered by the Libyan Information Exchange Mechanism (LIEM), an informal entity with no legal personality, which was established in Naples by the United States alone, although some of its employees are Italians.

- In plain English, the United States informed the Sanctions Committee of its intention to help itself to $ 1.5 billion, of which one-third would be earmarked for their own humanitarian services (USAID ...), another third would go to their own multinationals (Exxon, Halliburton etc..), and the rest would be given to the TFM, a LIEM office, which happens to be an informal body created by Washington and endorsed by the Contact Group to administer Libya [2].

Heres the document in pdf file

File NATO Controls Libya

Well this pdf document is huge news Its no wonder then why the french,italy,britian,america, qatar were involved in the military campaign in libya to begun with, as the document states TNC are just puppets to the western governments and elites agenda.

edit on 18-8-2011 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 07:53 PM
link   
Of course "allocating" ALL the money would be too easy to spot but rather cover it up under "humanitarian aid" and political jargon.

This is effed up but not surprising at all...

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 08:27 PM
link   
Nice one for the United States Government. It wasn't enough to blaze a path of destruction across Libya in pursuit of one man. Oh and what did that man do again, aside from generally act like a crazy old fool INSIDE HIS OWN BORDERS? No, that wasn't enough.
Now we've become common thieves too.

There are stories where I just feel ill as an American.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 09:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Well its time to spread this ifomartion to anyone you know and i have to say this the only person who may stop this is Ron Paul.

I still dont believe he will win because all elections in the western countries are Rigged from the start and fixed to create pro british pro american leaders as seen with japan.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 09:29 PM
link   
Excellent find, Op!

I just find it really strange that the National Transitional Council's abbreviation is CNT. Shouldn't it be NTC? It seems quite odd to me the way the letters are switched around like that. Plus, it makes me think of a really nasty, hateful word.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 10:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Agent_USA_Supporter

You guys are confusing me on this one.

The TNC (National Transitional Council) is the currently recognized government of Libya. The request on the funds was to get a waiver to release funds to the TNC. Under UNR 1970 all assets of the old Libyan government were seized by whatever country holds those assets, including the US.

The resolution states all money / assets are to be frozen. Without the letter in the OP, none of that money could be released to the new recognized government. The letter is a request to unfreeze some of the assets.

The stipulation is money can only be released to the TNC and can ONLY be used in locations that the TNC controls. Until the TNC can submit a plan on how the funds will be used in non controlled areas, no money will be released for those areas. The money cannot be used for military operations.

Based on the comments ive seen to date, maybe someone can explain what the issue is for this action?

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 10:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Afterthought
Excellent find, Op!

I just find it really strange that the National Transitional Council's abbreviation is CNT. Shouldn't it be NTC? It seems quite odd to me the way the letters are switched around like that. Plus, it makes me think of a really nasty, hateful word.

Not sure why its like that. Its possible it was translated / left in the French form. The UN, in addition to using English as its offical means of communication, also use French.

Being a romance language the use is inverted.

IE In English we say I am going to the store.
In French the equivelant would be to the store I am going.

ANyways, just throwing out a possible explanation. Since this entire operation was pushed by France, including the UN filings, resolutions and combat operations, its possible it just got lost in translation at some point from French to English.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 10:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

You're confusing me, too.
According to the article, there is no TNC. Only the CNT.
Unless there's a typographical error here or the author is purposefully switching the letters around, it's actually called the CNT, which still makes no sense to me.

I'm still confused.
Maybe we should ask the IAC or the BFI what's really up.
edit on 18-8-2011 by Afterthought because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 10:46 PM
link   

I did just read the article from the site you linked to and saw that it is a foreign paper. You're probably right in your reasoning.
I'm still curious why all the other alphabet agencies referenced in the article have their letters in the correct order.

I really do apologize for this being off topic -- maybe.

After thinking about it for a few minutes more and applying your reasoning, I guess it's like the Council of Foreign Relations (CFR)
Sorry for derailing. I still find it odd though since this is the first alphabet agency I've ever read about where the words/letters were used interchangeably. I'm quite fascinated by this actually.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 10:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Afterthought

Like I said, since France spearheaded this entire ordeal, its possible paperwork was submitted to the UN in French, which would account for the apparent backwards abbreviation.

Also -
National Transitional Council

The National Transitional Council (Arabic: المجلس الوطني الإنتقالي, al-majlis al-waṭanī al-'intiqālī), sometimes known as the Transitional National Council,[1] the Interim National Council,[2] or the Libyan National Council, is a political body formed to represent Libya by anti-Gaddafi forces during the 2011 Libyan civil war against the regime of Colonel Muammar al-Gaddafi. Its formation was announced in the city of Benghazi on 27 February 2011 and its intended purpose is to act as the "political face of the revolution". On 5 March 2011, the council issued a statement in which it declared itself to be the "only legitimate body representing the people of Libya and the Libyan state".[3][4][5]

The body was formed in MArch and from the looks of it are trying to iron out exactly what they will be called.

As a side note, you made the comment my link went to a foreign news source. The link I provided is the United Nations Resolution page, from the UN itself. If you are being directed to a news site let me know. I just chekced my link and it takes you to the UN site.
edit on 18-8-2011 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 11:10 PM
link   

The TNC (National Transitional Council) is the currently recognized government of Libya. T

recognized by the western goverements powers only, the western powers always steals money from other countries.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 11:35 PM
link   

33 Nations have formally recognized the TNC as the sole legitimate government of Libya.

In addition to -

Several more countries, including Egypt, the People's Republic of China, and Tunisia, have established a diplomatic presence in Benghazi, the de facto headquarters of the council. NTC officials have also met with representatives of Mauritania, Norway, Russia, and South Africa, among other states, though these states are not known to have established permanent diplomatic relations (informal or formal) with the NTC.

The EU as well as the African Union have also recognized the TNC.

The Libyan Contact group listing -

Members

[edit] Countries
Australia
Bahrain
Belgium
Bulgaria
Canada
Denmark
France

Germany
Greece
Italy
Japan
Jordan
Kuwait
Lebanon

Libya (NTC)
Luxembourg
Malta
Morocco
Netherlands
Norway
Poland

Qatar
Spain
Sweden
Turkey
United Arab Emirates
United Kingdom
United States

Belgium, Luxembourg, and Netherlands share a rotating Benelux seat. Denmark, Norway, and Sweden have a similar arrangement, sharing a Nordic seat.

[edit] Observers

Brazil
China
Cyprus
Egypt
Ethiopia
Holy See (Vatican City)
India
Portugal

Romania
Senegal
South Africa
South Korea
Sudan
Tunisia
Ukraine

It is unclear whether observers are compelled to attend the monthly meetings of the group. Bulgaria was originally an observer, but it began sitting as a full member at the June meeting in Abu Dhabi and thereafter.

[edit] International organisations
Arab League
European Union
Gulf Cooperation Council
North Atlantic Treaty Organization
Organisation of Islamic Cooperation
United Nations

[edit] Observers
African Union
World Bank

Arab League, Gulf Cooperation Council and Organisation of Islamic Cooperation were originally observers, but they began sitting as a full members probably from 29 of July.

Also, im not sure where your getting stealing money from. The funds were frozen under a UN resolution. In order to release theose funds to the TNC, a request has to be made since the resolution did not cover that part.

Also im not sure where your getting Western Powers only.
edit on 18-8-2011 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 12:02 AM
link   

33 Nations have formally recognized the TNC as the sole legitimate government of Libya. In addition to -

Ah yes the 33 pro western puppet countries sorry that line of yours is getting old.

as the sole legitimate government of Libya

By whom? EU puppet governments? america also has lost the legitimate

It seems to me Xcathdra that you strongly defend the east libyan terrorists.
edit on 19-8-2011 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 12:06 AM
link   

Honestly not many really care about Libya.

It's not big news in the western world.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 12:08 AM
link   
reply to post by kro32

It's not big news in the western world.

sadly your right and libya now its backside of the global and mail, its the top story anymore by MSM that proves what kind of joke it was.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 01:48 AM
link   

Says the person who dismisses any sources that dont support your position. Simply ignoring info you dont like doesnt make your argument.

I've provided my sources, including the one that shows washington was NOT trying to take money.

By all means feel free to post your source that says otherwise. Show us where it says they stole the money.
edit on 19-8-2011 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 03:31 AM
link   

I've provided my sources, including the one that shows washington was NOT trying to take money.

Well sorry to brust your bobble but trusting your sources from the western news and from wikipedia which shouldnt be used for information alot of times the information is mislead.

Oh and as for your sources its like trusting a lying politician trying to turn other countries on there sphere of influence.

the African Union have also recognized the TNC.

the African Union were pressured to recognize the TNC , some other in the African Union still support gaddafi.

the TNC as the sole legitimate government of Libya.

Oh really as the sole legitimate government of Libya? more like a puppet then sole legitimate twice gaddafi called for elections to be held but who refused? thats right your lover the rebels.

Simply ignoring info

I am not ignoring the information you provided isnt legitimate to be trusted its like the cliams that Iran has Nukes or will build nukes.

Hmm does that ring a bell to saddam? who had no nukes at all?

Xcathdra you remind me of a person who is brainwashed by the western media and siding with every government words and stories.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 09:03 AM
link   
This is a good old fashioned money grab. It's also known as STEALING !

The US is Bankrupt and Europe and it's currency the EURO are not far behind.

This is why GOLD is at an all time high. Currently at $1856.

This is the oldest scam in the book. Beat up on small oil ricih countries, install your puppet govt. and funnel the Oil money profits to the likes of Exxon and Halliburton.

Look at Iran,Iraq...and now Libya.
Iran revolted and kicked out the Shah....and is exactly why they are on the International $HIT LIST.

When Iraq tried to reclaim their supposed $8 Billion nation rebuilding fund, to begin rebuilding their bombed out Nation's infrastructure, providing water and power to their citizens, It had ALL mysteriously disappeared ?

Libya was one of the 5 remaining Nations in the World without a Rothschild owned and controlled central bank BTW.

The others are Cuba, Iran, North Korea, Venezuela.....all members of the International $HIT LIST

The purpose of the Libyan Invasion obviously was intended to steal the Libyans savings and to prevent them from forming a Gold based banking system and currency on the continent of Africa.

...."The CNT It is supported by 33 Foreign Nations..."

That would better read as "The CNT It is supported by 33 Rothschild controlled Foreign Nations..."

I didn't see any mention of what the Libyan people actually want and/or are voting for ?

According to this mass demonstrations in Libya against NATO.

The Libyan People do NOT want NATO and the Rothschild British Crown owning their country.

Perhaps it's because they'd prefer to not end up bankrupt just as we here in the United States currently are...a once resource rich and wealthy Nation , now completely Bankrupt while the Rothschilds, Rockefellers have only become that much richer.

The Proof is in the Pudding !.....Because we certainly are Bankrupt !!

edit on 19-8-2011 by nh_ee because: Typos

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Any sort of, you know, reputable soure besides this clearly biased one?

EDIT.

Yea I mean, did you guys bother looking up the author?

I don't recall the US delcaring many 9/11 theorists 'Persona non grata", but it seems his lies were so grand that even the US government went out of its way to declare him a propagandist. I don't really remember the US doing that to many people. They didn't do that to Ron Paul when he questioned their official lines. They didn't do that to even Alex Jones. If he's so bad that he got that title, I'm willing to say this is false information.
edit on 19-8-2011 by Gorman91 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Where is your source that shows the US stole the money?

You made the claim, now please back it up with facts / sources.

The US did NOT steal anything. They siezed Libyan assets per the UN resolution along with all other countries who had libyan government assets within their borders.

What the US did in this case was to make a written request to the UN to have seized funds transfered to the NTC.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join