It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How far is too far when referring to smoking bans? - Canada

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by SprocketUK
reply to post by Flyer

Don't stand so close, then...or seek help for your strange condition.

Back before the UK ban, we were told "You can't have non smoking pubs along side smoking ones cos everyone will want to go to the smoker's haunts. Just goes to show ya how how uptight and prissy the antis are. In fact, I'd bet a fair wedge that they are exactly the sort who would have dressed up in white sheets when it was ok to hate black folks.

So you think people who want to breath clean air in in the KKK? This is the most deluded post Ive ever seen on ATS.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 01:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Invariance

Absolute rubbish, the smell of perfume or cologne goes away when the person does. The smell of garlic goes away when the person does.

Smoke lingers on you all day. Thats a fact.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 02:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Flyer

Nah, face it, mate. You hate your own life so much you have to try and affect other people's, just to prove you exist.
If it wasn't smoking I'm sure you'd be whining about loud music, motorcycles or bad hair. Anything to make a little mark in the world.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 11:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Flyer

Absolute rubbish, the smell of perfume or cologne goes away when the person does. The smell of garlic goes away when the person does.

Smoke lingers on you all day. Thats a fact.

Not rubbish, read the sources I've linked, they are FACTS and just because you don't agree with the facts doesn't make them any less true.

Sitting next to someone who had bathed in strong cologne leaves the smell on you.. Smell is a powerful thing, how do you think women find out there's been another woman messing with her husband? The common answer is "It isn't my perfume I smelled on his shirt."

Educate yourself and come back without a biased personal opinion so then we'll talk some more.

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 12:59 PM
link   

You bring up a very good point, and I do agree the smell can linger no matter what it is. Pets especially, it's hard to eliminate even after washing repeated loads of laundry.

I don't find cigarettes to be too bothersome in the way of the smell. There are other offensive substances which linger far worse than cigarettes long after they are gone.

Mothballs are another good one too, if used on clothing, they'll never rid of that smell.

Basically, my point here is that it doesn't matter what is causing the stench, it can and will linger.

posted on Oct, 3 2015 @ 01:31 AM
link   
I think it's better to put ban on smoking at public places.There are various diseases people are suffering today because of smoking like cancer ,heart attacks and lung diseases .Different solutions are available today for reducing cravings .

top topics

<< 1   >>

join