It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bayi Rockets pummel georgetown Hoyas in brawl

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 05:46 PM
link   
John Thompson was forced to pull the georgetown hoyas off the basketball court in a game in china after the Bayi Rockets went wild and ended the hoyas night in a battleroyal brawl.The hoyas ran off the court and were pelted by fans with water bottles.The stadium erupted in chaos when a georgetown player threw a cheapshot and the entire chinese team then put a bigtime beatdown on the entire hoyas team.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 06:43 PM
link   
reply to post by brindle

to give a less one sided view of this story, I'll present a link which has video of the incident.

rivals.yahoo.com...

From what I see on the video, the Chinese "professional" team started the brawl during a game that was tied late in the 4th quarter. A foul was called on a Chinese player & when the kid from Georgetown took exception with the unnecessarily hard foul another Chinese player joins his team mate in starting off the brawl.

Also, the "professional" basketball players were the ones using chairs as weapons and attacking the college kids in 3 vs 1 packs.

Pictures show a Chinese man, not even in uniform, joining in the assault of the Georgetown players.

John Thompson III, Georgetown's head coach, pulled his team off the court in an orderly fashion.

edit on 18-8-2011 by musicjunkie because: grammar

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by musicjunkie
reply to post by brindle

to give a less one sided view of this story, I'll present a link which has video of the incident.

rivals.yahoo.com...

From what I see on the video, the Chinese "professional" team started the brawl during a game that was tied late in the 4th quarter. A foul was called on a Chinese player & when the kid from Georgetown took exception with the unnecessarily hard foul another Chinese player joins his team mate in starting off the brawl.

Also, the "professional" basketball players were the ones using chairs as weapons and attacking the college kids in 3 vs 1 packs.

Pictures show a Chinese man, not even in uniform, joining in the assault of the Georgetown players.

John Thompson III, Georgetown's head coach, pulled his team off the court in an orderly fashion.

edit on 18-8-2011 by musicjunkie because: grammar
Exactly,the georgetown player took a cheap shot after a foul was called.There is no such thing as taking exception to a minor foul in a basketball game.His actions then got his entire teams ass kicked,and coach thompson had his team out of the locker room within minutes and out of the building,because the roughhouse tactics he has preached for years backfired on him.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 07:30 PM
link   
reply to post by brindle

The cheap shots before the brawl that I see in the video are the initial foul & the second Chinese player attacking the Georgetown player from behind. I see no cheap shots being thrown by a Georgetown player until the situation was already out of hand.

Taking exception with an unnecessarily hard foul does not mean throwing punches. Getting close to the guy who just put a thug foul on you to show that you won't be intimidated does not constitute a cheap shot. In fact all I see the Georgetown player doing is getting tangled up with the player who initiated the contact with him...certainly not throwing cheap shots.
edit on 18-8-2011 by musicjunkie because: missed a word

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 08:26 PM
link   
It would have been so great to see some kung fu master jump out of the stands doing reverse flips in the white kung fu suit karate chopping everything in sight.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 01:52 PM
link   
What kind of performance enhancers are those Chinese players taking? Talk about going into full on rage mode.

Here is a video of the incident.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 02:12 PM
link   
reply to post by InvisibleObserver

The hoyas may want to reconsider playing that squad again.That was one hell of a beatdown they received.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 03:22 PM
link   
reply to post by brindle

I don't think the Hoyas were actually fighting, besides for defending themselves. They have to show self control on and off the court so the NCAA, Georgetown University, and coach doesn't discipline them and or remove playing privileges. Players on scholarship wouldn't want to lose that over some roid raging chinese players in a exhibition game.

I'm sure the Hoyas would be down for street ball rules off the record, or a good ol fashion back alley brawl. When on the record they have to conduct themselves in a professional manner unlike how the chinese "professional" team conducted themselves.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 03:25 PM
link   
Stupid humans.

It's a basketball game.

*praying for tidal waves*

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 03:40 PM
link   
Chinese squad was chopping and kicking ,kung fu style,hoyas were saying damm yeall, we aint in the hood anymore.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 09:20 PM
link   
Apparently this sort of thing isn't uncommon in Chinese basketball leagues.

rivals.yahoo.com...

The Chinese team did, to their credit, meet with John Thompson III & some Georgetown players at the airport before the Hoyas flew to their next exhibition game and made some amends.

The Chinese fans (not necessarily the ones at the game) expressed disapproval at how their team conducted themselves on the court, as well.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 10:07 PM
link   
Remember how great it was when villanova whooped georgetown in the championship game in 1985.This has to rank up there in great moments in college basketball.The hoyas are pathetic.

top topics

join