It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Can People Please Just Stop With The AI Threads!: An Open Competition

page: 2
5
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 06:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by daskakik
Might want to check out:

IBM develop 'human brain' computer chip


Already posted my thoughts there, that's what inspired me to create this thread....




posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 06:02 PM
link   
You sould like some nutjob back in the 1930's claiming that a sustained nuclear fission reaction was impossible!!!!! AND if they did happen to do it the atmosphere would ignite and we'd all die.



posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 06:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wertdagf
Remember that the military always gets a 10 years headstart.

Any developed sentient software is going ot be used to monitor drones or even display realtime parabolic trajectories in a hud for even moving targets.

It is going to happen death kron. You are on a sinking ship KRON. Ive told you hundreds of times to prepare for whats coming.. and not to be afraid of the machines, be afraid of the self-destructive nature of those who lose their greatest delusions.


I'm not afraid of any machine, because I can control it.

Simple really,



posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 06:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wertdagf
You sould like some nutjob back in the 1930's claiming that a sustained nuclear fission reaction was impossible!!!!! AND if they did happen to do it the atmosphere would ignite and we'd all die.


Write the code then, prove it to me.

Go on, if your so smart and understand what your talking about, write me the code now, prove it to me...

If you can't then your not qualified to respond, or you are to give your opinion, but not state it as fact. I can state my opinion as fact if needed ?



posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 06:06 PM
link   
To start off what is intelligence. I see you discarted raw processing power AKA speed. So then what is it?

Saying a computer can only be as smart as its programmer is like saying you could only be as smart as your parents. I mean they put together the code that is you. Life doesn't work that way.



posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 06:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Death_Kron
 


Ha !

I just posted on another thread that it seems as though it takes more faith and imagination to believe there is no God than to believe there is one. I'm not saying that's what you're saying. But I share your annoyance.




posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 06:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Death_Kron
 


intelligence in our case wasnt programmed by a person... it took nature trillions of years...

Why couldnt the mechanics in the evolution of biological neural network system be reproduced in an artificial enviroment with an artificial neural network?



posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by daskakik
To start off what is intelligence. I see you discarted raw processing power AKA speed. So then what is it?

Saying a computer can only be as smart as its programmer is like saying you could only be as smart as your parents. I mean they put together the code that is you. Life doesn't work that way.


Oh for God's sake, no life doesn't work that way but believe it or not, computers do....

They know what they know because they are told to know, they learn to a degree but again that's within preprogrammed constraint's.

A Cisco router can learn about a Cisco switch via CDP, but that's simply a protocol created by humans to allow that to happen. The machine is bloody learning, it's following human pre-programmed code!



posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Death_Kron
reply to post by sabbathcrazy
 


Of course I know about fibre optics
I work in the IT/telecom industry, yes computers are able to process information at a far greater speed than we are... but they can't associate compassion, emotional intelligence, common sense etc to those data streams.

Well they can, in accordance to their programming - hence my original point...


Then check this out.
www.bbc.co.uk...



posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 06:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wertdagf
reply to post by Death_Kron
 


intelligence in our case wasnt programmed by a person... it took nature trillions of years...

Why couldnt the mechanics in the evolution of biological neural network system be reproduced in an artificial enviroment with an artificial neural network?


Because we would have to program that ability in the first place, this really isn't making sense to you is it ?

I'm not trying to be funny here, I'm just talking from a straight technological point of view.

A machine, system, network can only evolve as far as it's been programmed to evolve.



posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 06:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Death_Kron
reply to post by roughycannon
 


I'm making the same point again here, but speed doesn't equate intelligence... An old tennis player can beat a young buck through experience, computers cannot learn emotion nor can they learn fear etc etc


Speed means you can processes a crap ton of numbers and numbers can be translated into personality's. Just as every thing can. Think about where we are. we are in the early stages of the technoligy that we have today. Its only been around for 60 years. Think what we could do with 600 years.
edit on 18-8-2011 by sabbathcrazy because: (no reason given)



posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 06:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Death_Kron
And for those that disagree, I'm still looking for a sample of code that can think for itself, put it in any high level language you want, I'll even compile and test it myself. Prove to me that it's possible to create a truly self thinking set of code instructions ....


What kind of code are you looking for?

I program in "java script" "html" "PHP" "XML" "C++" etc...

Have you seen the game of life?

Game of life

You can download the sourcecode in various formats.

I run 6 sites...

One of my sites

If you dont believe me then check out the admin on the support forum.

Support form

Can I just ask... why you said put it in any high level language and you will compile it yourself? cant we just compile it anyway and send it to you?

BTW people dont hammer my site its on a side server...



posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 06:13 PM
link   
reply to post by sabbathcrazy
 


Already seen that link in the thread that inspired me to write this one, I'd pay particular emphasis on words such as "claim", "might", "possibly", "may", "simulate"....



posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 06:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Death_Kron
 


Doesn't the human brain also work within its constraints?

I understand that your annoyed but just because we don't have the answer doesn't mean that man won't come across something that actually makes it possible. You also have not defined what intelligence is so I don't really know what your actually talking about.



posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 06:16 PM
link   
reply to post by roughycannon
 


Ah ha! Finally, a programmer


Okay, code me anything, absolutely anything in whatever language you want that displays human behaviour without being pseudo random, so no relying on sub-routines, arrays, loops.

Something that is human.

Can't be done...



posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 06:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by sabbathcrazy
Speed means you can processes a crap ton of numbers and numbers can be translated into personality's. Just as every thing can. Think about where we are. we are in the early stages of the technoligy that we have today. Its only been around for 60 years. Think what we could do with 600 years.
edit on 18-8-2011 by sabbathcrazy because: (no reason given)


Me or you won't be alive in 600 years buddy so I'm not really fussed



posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 06:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Death_Kron
 


So if the enviroment programmed people to evolve into sentient beings... why cant we create an artifical envorment with the same propertys?

We could still create HUMAN level artificial intelligence simpley though mimicry of natural evolutionary process in neurological development.



posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 06:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by daskakik
reply to post by Death_Kron
 


Doesn't the human brain also work within its constraints?

I understand that your annoyed but just because we don't have the answer doesn't mean that man won't come across something that actually makes it possible. You also have not defined what intelligence is so I don't really know what your actually talking about.


Of course it does, but at present we don't understand these constraints so how on Earth are we going to implement them into a fully, functioning, self aware digital machine?


It just won't happen because it ain't possible...



posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 06:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Death_Kron
reply to post by roughycannon
 


Ah ha! Finally, a programmer


Okay, code me anything, absolutely anything in whatever language you want that displays human behaviour without being pseudo random, so no relying on sub-routines, arrays, loops.

Something that is human.

Can't be done...


Well before I start can you explain to me why our "network" in our brain doesn't rely on "sub-routines" "arrays" and "loops" because if you can...

I believe you have just found out how the brain works...

"loops" I take it you had a ZX spectrum or AMOS on the amiga LOL



posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 06:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Death_Kron
 


So your saying well never understand the process of the human brain?

www.telegraph.co.uk...



new topics

top topics



 
5
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

log in

join