It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Orleans, My Home

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 03:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by lordpiney
that was great! thank you. i lived in nola for a little over a year, building jazzland, back in the late 90s. i have never been in a place that i felt more at home at than there. i miss it every day. i even left my family, last year to clean up the oil, mainly because it was a chance to give something back to a place that had given me sooo many memories. you have to go back, you know?

How wonderful of you to contribute to the clean up! Thank you for doing that, from the bottom of my heart. Let's just hope it doesn't have to happen again, given the new information coming out of there these days.

Yeah, I have to go back eventually, but then, so do you.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 03:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by shagreen heart
i'm moving to new orleans in a month. i don't know much about it... but this was beautiful.

Well, there are lots of folks here who currently or have recently live/d there so please, ask away! I know that you will find so much to love about the place.

Thank you for the kind comments.

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 09:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by shagreen heart
i'm moving to new orleans in a month. i don't know much about it... but this was beautiful.

Welcome! It's a helluva town. It will still be really hot when you get here but not for too long before fall kicks in. Talk to locals about where to go and what to do and what parts of town might be good to avoid, at least at first (much as I love it, NOLA has some really rough neighborhoods). And prepare yourself for the best food you will ever eat!

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 12:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by louieprima
And prepare yourself for the best food you will ever eat!

Oh heck yeah! I miss the food every single day. I mentioned some of my faves in the piece and later.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 08:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Ceriddwen

Wow, I don't know how I missed this thread, but saw your link when I was just reading your football picks for this weekend, lol (I am so sad the Saints are not a part of the Superbowl this year!) Regardless, your post is beautiful!!!

I am also from the New Orleans area, and Slidell to be exact. Lived there from birth till 1 day before Katrina hit. Memphis is now home. I miss so many things about New Orleans that will never be found anywhere else! They make muffallata's here with lettuce and tomatoes,lol.. its just so wrong!!! Can't find a roast beef po boy that even comes close to measuring up, and the daiquiris....forget it they are disgusting! I miss the Saints, Mardi Gras, the music, the quarter, don't even get me started on the food (like I started to mention, and as much as I love Memphis, they can't touch the New Orleans cooking), the water, boating....yeah I could go on. But, as much as I treasure all of these things, I won't be returning. I've made my life here and as much as I miss so many of what I listed, there are too many problems that I don't want to return to, which I won't go into since I don't want to spoil all the emphasis about what is right about New Orleans ( I DON'T miss the climate!!!). I don't live too far away though, so New Orleans isn't completely removed from my life.

Anyway, it's an awesome, beautiful post, and you have really stirred my memories this morning. I am now craving a roast beef po boy for the gazilionth time, and now I can't satisfy it until late spring..oh lord how am I going to deal with that!!!

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 02:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Ceriddwen

I understand how you feel, and am very touched as well as humbled by your post, with your trust and belief in hope yet, of a better place and better life that is only nearby.

It had been an inspiration reading your post and seeing those beautiful pics with your write ups, in this topsy turvey cynical world, that despite your adversity in life, you know what can give you happiness, love and hope, something we all mankind seeks to elevate ourselves above it all.

Some simply gave up, whine, or allow hatred to creep in. But not you.

I wish you all the best, and may your dreams come true, as it had been for many whom had been far less hopeful than you are and found peace, even if the world falls around us or in its supposed end throes. We are masters of our fate, and change is within our grasp, if we only dare hope and never give up, as you had shown

Thanks and Cheers! :-).
edit on 19-1-2012 by SeekerofTruth101 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 07:49 PM
link   
reply to post by justsaying

I am glad I was able to remind you of the things you loved (love) about it. I still miss the po-boys so much! I am up in the North Atlantic area, so I am pretty far away. I don't miss the weather either, though this summer up here came really close.

Thank you for posting in the thread. I am happy you found it and that it meant something to you!

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 07:50 PM
link   
reply to post by SeekerofTruth101

Thank you Seeker. It has been a privilege to speak with you over the course of this last year, though it has been only sparingly. I am glad you found the thread and got pleasure, and even hope, from it. Thank you for your kind words!

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 06:34 PM
link   
Just re-reading some of my old threads. Boredom? ANYWAY, found a place here in PA that is WONDERFUL for New Orleans type food. I found heaven, here in PA for cajun food.

NOLA's On The Square. OMG, real beignets, real red beans and rice, etc. The ONLY thing that just couldn't compare entirely to NO is the Roast Beef Po-Boy. I swear they inject magic into the beef down there that just can't be replicated elsewhere.

I am so excited about this find! I can finally have real New Orleans food right here in PA. It is awesome!

Now, if I could only find everything else I miss most (per this thread) up here, without the heat and humidity, though this summer has come close again, I would be in heaven.
edit on 7/26/2013 by Ceriddwen because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join