It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Egypt Antiquities gets new chief

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Following two months of the cancelation of the Ministry of State for Antiquities Affairs, Prime Minister Essam Sharaf appointed Mohamed Abdel Fatah the new Secretary General of the Supreme Council of Antiquities (SCA).

Abdel Fatah was the head of the Ancient Egyptian Antiquities sector at the SCA. He previously served as head of the Museums sectors and director of Antiquities in Upper Egypt.

article

While I am happy to be rid of Hawas, I was hoping I would be able to find some more background info on his replacement. I can find nothing about him. Just a greco-wrestler of the same name. Does anyone know anything about this guy and what we can expect from him?

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 04:48 PM
link   
reply to post by kalunom

I want to know what is under those damn pyramids already!

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 05:08 PM
link   
reply to post by kalunom

Hallelujah!

Thank the great gods of Ancient Egypt for this!

Maybe excavations under the Sphinx can finally be allowed.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 05:21 PM
link   
Would it really surprise you if it was in fact this greco-wrestler? I wouldnt bet against it the way things are run in Egypt.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by 11I11
Would it really surprise you if it was in fact this greco-wrestler? I wouldnt bet against it the way things are run in Egypt.

Send in our new Mummy Wrestler.....:

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 05:30 PM
link   
reply to post by 11I11

In fact, that may even be a blessing were it true. He could single handedly wrest up the paw of the sphinx and reveal what is underneath! Oh, to dream. . .

top topics

join