It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2012 The TRUTH You're NOT being TOLD

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nobama
reply to post by modeselektor

No I meant the silly idea that a comet can cause earthquakes when it aligns with planets......

Fair enough, I am not interested in debating the prediction aspect of it. And there is no way we can know. What I am interested in, are the things that are known. Is he right about them, or does he manipulate the truth, or change facts?

Tough crowd..

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Would someone who knows a little about atoms, astrology and such, please watch this, ignore the doom and predictions, and just state whether or not he is making stuff up, or if what he says about these aspects of it, are actually true?

I couldn't bear to watch more than five minutes, but setting aside the fact that his August 17 prediction was a spectacular fail, he recycles the bogus claims that Elenin-Earth "alignments" caused earthquakes, which has been debunked to death on every other "Elenin thread." He then mentions "infra-red forces." Infra-red is a region of the electromagnetic spectrum, not a force. He then names a long list of countries that will be "gone." All except the eastern coast of Australia! How odd... could that be because he's Australian? Wait! Eastern Australia will be wiped out by a "tidal wave!" There is no such thing as a "tidal wave." The current terminology is "tsunami," as they are caused by submarine earthquakes, not tides. He has no idea what he's talking about, but his oratorical style, reminiscent of "Gospel" preachers, has the audience gasping. He probably has accomplices in the audience to encourage this. Total charlatan.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 05:00 PM
link   
Don't know about the doomsday like predictions he is making, he's saying them
like they aren't predictions but WILL happen, but I do feel a little bit of cover up
with all these little things seemingly making it too much to be a coincidence...
But guess we will just have to wait and see, best be prepared first, better safe than sorry.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by iSwag
Yeah....

The whole "Rapture May 21st" date "made sense" to millions of people and did it happen....?

Nope....

edit on 18-8-2011 by iSwag because: (no reason given)

Do you have any sort of evidence that "millions" of people believed in the may 21st prediction? I mean.. I know the MSM made it seem like that, but I had never talked to or heard a single person that actually believed it.

In my opinion, it might have been some sort of intentional media focus in an effort to discredit the idea of doomsday predictions as a precursor to 2012. When May, July, and eventually November of 2012 come around, I can picture people saying "psht, nothing's going to happen.. remember May 21st 2011??"

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 05:02 PM
link   
The governments of this vulnerable world, wouldn't know the TRUTH if it hit them square on in the face I'm afraid. That's the sad thing. Who do you believe anymore? We've been 'lied' to for decades. Us minnions have to make up our own minds and find our own truths.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 05:12 PM
link   

The Hubble has not been converted into an infrared scope. It has always had near-infrared capabilities, but can't really function as an infrared scope due to the heat it puts out. As for other infrared scopes this is so we can see distant, dim objects such as exoplanets and small stars.

As for the structure of atoms, the solar system model is outdated. Pretty much anyone that has taken a university level physics course or even read one of the many physics books that have made it onto the New York Times Bestseller list would know this.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xcalibur254

The Hubble has not been converted into an infrared scope. It has always had near-infrared capabilities, but can't really function as an infrared scope due to the heat it puts out. As for other infrared scopes this is so we can see distant, dim objects such as exoplanets and small stars.

As for the structure of atoms, the solar system model is outdated. Pretty much anyone that has taken a university level physics course or even read one of the many physics books that have made it onto the New York Times Bestseller list would know this.

Thanks you, finally a straight answer
So I guess his claims are debunked. It's a nice story he put together though

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 02:37 PM
link   
I really have no interest in watching a 1 hour video about BS.

You did ask whether or not our atoms are like little solar systems. That model is invalid. It is called the Rutherford model, but was quickly seen to not represent actual atoms. There are all sorts of problems with the Rutherford model and the next model used was the Bohr model.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 02:43 PM
link   
reply to post by bacci0909

Do you have any sort of evidence that "millions" of people believed in the may 21st prediction? I mean.. I know the MSM made it seem like that, but I had never talked to or heard a single person that actually believed it.

You may it hard to believe, but I do not know a single person that talks about or believes anything about 2012. No one cares about it in my world which includes a wide range of people.

Don't forget about the times when the world was destroyed in 2000, 2001. 2003, 2007, 2009, 2010, and in 2011. The predictions of doom and gloom are common. There are probably all sorts of times that the Earth was destroyed and I did not notice the event. Too bad. There's nothing like another horrendous cataclysmic Earth destruction to while away the time.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 05:25 PM
link   
reply to post by DJW001

Until 2004, most scientists, ecologists, credible reporters and regular people used the term "tidal wave" in regular vernacular and it's only been lessened as a term because whenever a major tsunami takes place, that word is used as the regular worldwide description so that we can use footage and reports from other nations reporting on it who may have news on the issue that our people don't at that time.

I know it seems silly to argue a post about your dismissal of the word "tidal wave" but just because you never recognised it as a term, doesn't mean it was never used by scientists, ecologists and others for many decades.

Just picking a hole in your first argument in this thread, pretty cool being able to correct you actually with no hard feelings because when you're not debunking practically everything in these last two months, I did enjoy reading your posts since joining ATS for info.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 05:28 PM
link   
reply to post by stereologist

I know one person that's worried about 2012, my girlfriend, although she only worries because she doesn't like the thought of everything ending before she's achieved some goals or before her son has grown up but for the most part, even she doesn't really think about it.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 05:38 PM
link   
My family and I joke about 'Dec 21, 2012' and plan on having 'an end of the world' party....actually it is simply a great reason to get together with family and friends and have a party! If something is going to happen, there is not much we can do to stop it, so why not have fun and spend your time with those who mean the most to you? And when nothing happens on Dec 21, you can say, "Man that was a great party...when is the next one??"

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 05:40 PM
link   
2012.....because Y2K was a dud.......

can we just move onto the next doomsday already ?

anyone know what it will be ?

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 05:40 PM
link   
No. THIS is the truth you are ignoring.

My source is better than yours

Let's see you find a better source than Neil DeGrasse Tyson.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by gimme_some_truth
No. THIS is the truth you are ignoring.

My source is better than yours

Let's see you find a better source than Neil DeGrasse Tyson.

I was just scanning thru this video and this guy is hilarious!!!! I am going to "rewind" and watch it all...hahaha.

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 10:11 AM
link   
Save yourself some time and don't watch this video and the bogus claims he makes

He said, that will have a big earthquake on 8/17/11, today is the 20th and nothing happened. The main earthquake in 2 months will be between 12-15 on the richter scale, there will be darkness for 3 days from Elenin, all these countries such as China, Russia, Japan, New Zealand, Korea, west coast of America will disappear, except for Australia....
umm yeah, it took me about 20 seconds to google and figure out that the reason Australia will not disappear is because that's where this dude is from. Earthquakes will be between 12-15 on richter scale, which is between 1,000 and a million more powerful than the earthquake of Japan, but Australia will be fine except for a tidal wave on the east part. If we get an earthquake measured 11 on a richter scale, that would be equivalent to getting hit by a planet half the size of earth, on a scale 12, the forces would split the plant in half, but Australia will be fine. Elenin will cause 3 days of darkness, the only way that could happen is if it's about 400 miles from earth, but it's not supposed to come any closer than millions of miles away.
edit on 8/20/2011 by taws6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 02:48 AM
link   
Y'all are some ignorant fools. Don't comment on a video if you don't watch it.
I have some words for a lot of you that this site won't let me say...but I'll hold my tongue.
You're either ignorant as rocks or paid shills.

Is he completely correct? No. But it's a good video regardless. It really makes you think, if you're capable of thinking. And a lot of the scientific stuff he mentions is correct.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 03:57 AM
link   
Honestly, has anyone read the Richter Scale Wikipedia page?

Has anyone here gone down the scale list and seen the scale 32 and what it points to?

Why? because if you look closely you'll see that this was the Richter scale of the starquake that was released from the magnetar SGR 1806-20. AND, there is a magnetar that's sitting exactly 9,000 light year away from us.

Does anyone here know that a starquake that big from something 9,000 light years away from us could destroy our entire atmosphere?

Hmmm...the possibilities of us dying from such a quake on a star 9,000 is HIGHER than what this man claims imo.

Now go read

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 04:58 AM
link   
He said that there would be big quake on August 17, and it didn't happen. I think he is just fear mongering. I doubt a little comet like that could have such a significant affect on earth. The only way to really know is to wait and see, but I wouldn't loose any sleep over it.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 05:14 AM
link   
Hm just watched the video, if you look at his site he says he has a spirit guide and is the reincarnated spirit of Ahkenaten, the 'heretic' monotheist pharaoh. I think it is interesting to consider that maybe there is a brown dwarf Nibiru and/or large Elenin object approaching.

At one point in the video he uses "nibiru" to describe the approaching body. I don't know if that's a slip or he just wants to bandy about both names.

Other than that there were some 7+ quakes around Vanuatu in the last couple days. Not destructive but a bit more than usual... I suppose I find this interesting because that one person posted a video predicting a quake roughly in the Japan timeframe because of Elenin's symmetrical alignment.

Anyway I would ask for anything useful about Elenin. I have wondered about what it would be like to lose the Van Allen belts & that is a vivid image he paints.... also I totally agree about the electron shell metaphor as weirdly obsolete given what we know now of electrons... If he were a sly operator wouldn't that have been something hazy about quantum theory instead?

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join