It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did Biden's Loquaciousness Spark a Fight in China?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Did Biden's loquaciousness spark a fight in China?

news.yahoo.com

Vice President Joe Biden, known for his public-speaking stamina as well as for off-the-cuff comments that have landed him in trouble, sparked a brawl last night between the press and Chinese officials during a long-running speech.

During a meeting with Chinese Vice President Xi Jingping Thursday in China, Biden followed up on Xi's remarks by giving his own speech. And as Biden delivered his stem-winder, the White House pool reports that a "larger Chinese official" attempted to force the reporters out of the room, causing a near brawl.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 03:47 PM
link   
It sounds like China has no respect for our government officials anymore. Whats odd is that Yahoo didnt mention the content of the speech. I would like to know what was said that pissed off the Chinese enough to forcefully clear out the room of reporters.

Summary of the past 3 years...
Q. Where did you get that money . A.Obama. Q. where did he get it from. A. I dont know but hes given free money....that says it all..

news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 18-8-2011 by joyride0187 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 03:56 PM
link   
reply to post by joyride0187

Yeah.....I reckon chances are, and im just guessing here, its not so much China having no respect for your officials[though lets be honest, who actually respects America anymore, that ship has sailed]. Im thinking it was more a case of Biden making a complete and utter fool of himself.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 04:20 PM
link   
reply to post by joyride0187

I'd like to know what Biden said too.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 04:30 PM
link   
Why didnt they post the transcript of the speech?maybe an exerpt? Id like to know what the guy said.
Seems to me if someone wants to tell a story, they should actually include some of that.

All it says there is that the press was warned about being aggressive, ok to be fair it says he went on too long, but went too long about what? Thats my point.

Well, how were they aggressive? What was the extent of the aggression? What did Biden say that aroused aggression.

Yahoo

edit on 18-8-2011 by Nephalim because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 04:40 PM
link   
Suppose it never happened. I am done with the He said She said assumptions. Its obviously an assumption because your asking a question we have no answers to. Maybe this is just trying to get us all worked up to actually want to spark a fight with China.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 04:47 PM
link   
"Reporters were also removed from a meeting with National People’s Congress Chairman Wu Bangguo, and press access to a dinner was canceled. The pool report says Biden continued his speech during the shoving match. It is unclear whether he noticed the disturbance."

thehill.com...

speech supposedly "emphasizing the country's close relationship with the U.S."

Biden is an idiot.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 04:55 PM
link   
It actually seems like it had less to do with what was actually spoken, than the "5-6 minutes" he took to say it. They apparently thought that was too long.

Control Freaks. I think they owe him an apology. If we treated one of their officials like that, we'd hear about it in short order.

top topics

join