It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where have all the real men gone?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dionisius
I know. Saving the males is an unlikely vocation for a 21st-century woman. Most men don’t know they need saving; most women consider the idea absurd. When I tell my women friends that I want to save the males, they look at me as if noticing for the first time that I am insane. Then they say something like: “Are you out of your mind? This is still a male-dominated world. It’s women who need saving. Screw the men!”

Actually, that’s a direct quote. The reality is that men already have been screwed – and not in the way they prefer. For the past 30 years or so, males have been under siege by a culture that too often embraces the notion that men are to blame for all of life’s ills. Males as a group – not random men – are bad by virtue of their DNA.

Save the Men

That was an Extract from Kathleen Parkers new book, Save the Males: Why Men Matter, Why Women Should Care. This American Columnist makes an extremely valid point, and relates to a huge number of problems we see today in society. Read, and Ponder.

Thankyou

P.S. Kudos to fellow ATS Member newcovenant for finding this article

Bravo to you. This is what we need. society wants to blame men for everything and I think young men especialy are confused because what our instinct is and what society says are obviously in conflict but I've had my own female friends say that they want the real men back.. In fact I truly believe that at some point this putting down, blaming and devaluation of men is going to blow up in the face of society.

Thumbs up for you

edit on 22-8-2011 by steveknows because: (no reason given)

edit on 22-8-2011 by steveknows because: (no reason given)

new topics

<< 1  2   >>

join