It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama: Syrian President Assad Must Step Down

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 03:16 PM
link   
I wasnt sure if this was the right forum, feel free to move it mods

Heres a source LINK from the video... I found about this through the video, so I figure I would show it as well...

Obama said in a statement this morning. "His calls for dialogue and reform have rung hollow while he is imprisoning, torturing and slaughtering his own people

Ok so were 2 out of 3 on that list IMO... Arguably 3/3...

Also

"Assad has a perfect record of empty promises, and as the violence increased, the emptiness of his empty promises became more apparent."

Thats pretty funny... Empty promises

edit on 18-8-2011 by morder1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 03:19 PM
link   
I think he has no right to tell any president of a sovereign nation what to do...

Look at your own country mr president, and then after seeing in what mess its in, only then, think if you still have any reason to worry about what goes on in other ppl's countries...

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 03:26 PM
link   
Also just found this on Al Jazeera

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 03:27 PM
link   
Well if obama can do it, so can I.
Showintail says obama must step down!

Seriously, who the frack does he think he is? Hes supposed to running usa, not the world.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 03:29 PM
link   
reply to post by FraternitasSaturni

President Obama isn't rolling out tanks into his own cities and blowing up his own people though is he?

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 03:29 PM
link   
is mr.0bama under some sort of influence?

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 03:42 PM
link   
"..his empty promises..." Yes, that is a hoot.

Would Obama step down if Putin told him to? This is just silliness.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 03:46 PM
link   
Apparently the UK, France, and Germany have jumped onto the bandwagon. MarketWatch link here

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by DAZ21
reply to post by FraternitasSaturni

President Obama isn't rolling out tanks into his own cities and blowing up his own people though is he?

No, but he (through the Federal reserve) is destroying the wealth of every American by QE and bank bailouts.

in essence not only attacking every America, but everyone that holds dollars.

Every death from starving families is a casualty.

All wars are not fought with weapons
edit on 18-8-2011 by Skerrako because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 05:50 PM
link   
So let me get this right..

The people of America asked Bush and now Obama to step down, they don't step down

But when Obama ask some other president to step down, if they refuse? What do you think will happen?

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 05:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Skerrako

You have to remember, one man doesn't run the country, It's not all Obama.

You seem to be talking about the economic crisis, there's not much he can do to stop it. So he'll be damned if he does and damned if he doesn't.

The whole world's going through the same problems, remember that.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 06:04 PM
link   
Whats the point in Obama telling him? Everybody in the world knows that Obama is just going to be that failed black president who screwed the economy in 12 months

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 06:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by DAZ21
reply to post by Skerrako

You have to remember, one man doesn't run the country, It's not all Obama.

You seem to be talking about the economic crisis, there's not much he can do to stop it. So he'll be damned if he does and damned if he doesn't.

The whole world's going through the same problems, remember that.

Well if you read my post I mention more than Obama. I am well aware he is basically part of the globalist oligarchy, and along with a complacent congress is a bad mix.

Yes you might think were damned if we do or damned if we dont, but one road is far worse than the other.

One leads to a typical 1930's type deppression which could be cut short if we reel in our massive global empire. The other leads to a hyperinflationary depression in which the U.S. dollar is totally destroyed and the breaking up of the U.S. as we know it.

Obama approved the bank bailouts of '08 along with some in the congress and the Federal reserve, which leads us further toward total destruction of our currency. So yes he along with the last administration have done an immense amount of damage to our citizens and bond/ T-bill holders around the world

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 07:02 PM
link   
Obama can say whatever he wants whenever he wants, I could care less. What I care about is whether or not he will enforce his argument that al-Assad must go. I am quite sure him and his friends in Europe are just about to that point of forcing the departure of al-Assad. It really peaks my interests because our credit rating was downgraded because our politicians cannot stop arguing to get something done but when someone mentions dropping bombs on another country they all race to put their bloody hand print on that document.

Obama has no right to force any other head of state out of power. Unless al-Assad has fueled his military jets and loaded them with bombs aimed at our military ships, embassies, or country there is no justification available to do anything to this legitimate head of state. He has not intentionally harmed any American, this is a President trying to manage a situation in his country where a group of rebels are trying to overthrow him armed with NATO weapons sent to underground groups in Lebanon who then ship it to Palestinians in Latakia. Any wonder why al-Assad shelled that port city and 19 of the 24 killed were Palestinian?

Is there anyone in the media asking why all of these armed insurrections are occurring along the border towns rather than inside the heart of Syria? Of course not because then they would have to address the issue of funneled weapons to overthrow a legitimate head of state.

We see what happens when your arm groups of rebels inside a country to overthrow a leader not most of the people despise. These rebels or I should say, armed thugs, are Islamic fundamentalists angry over his secular turn of government which has, under his authority, removed Burqas from universities, secularized the government, and cracked down on their operations of terror.

top topics

join