It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

All Things Survival: Show 21: More Toys and Thoughts On Where To Go To Practice

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Thursday, August 18, 2011 at 8:00PM EST

illustrial.net

The gathered a panel of hosts, include Military Veterans, Mountain Men and just plain old Hillbillies, with a combined experience in Survival of over 100 years!!!!!

Your Panel

JacKatMtn
Semperfortis
Ahabstar
12m8keall2c
Asktheanimals
and
Advisor

This week we will be talking more about the Technology of Survival and different places to go and practice your survival skills...

So TUNE IN THURSDAY @ 8:00PM EASTERN via illustrial.net and give us some listeners while you learn and expand your knowledge along the way. And if you have not checked out our YouTube Channel, stop by and watch the videos we have up. And be sure to leave comments, hit the like button or subscribe as you feel is appropriate.

Looking forward to seeing you there.

edit on Thu, 18 Aug 2011 21:11:12 -0500 by JacKatMtn because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 03:25 PM
link   
I'll be at work when the show comes on. I subbed the YT channel in case you post a video of it later. I hope you will.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 03:30 PM
link   
reply to post by OldCorp

Still trying to find a host to post the shows up on

Been kind of busy lately with Real Life, but I will get on it and we will have the old shows up for everyone soon

I promise

Semper

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 06:16 PM
link   
Going LIVE in about 45!! minutes..

Hope you will join us

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 06:44 PM
link   
I always learn something new on Survival. The How, What, Why and Where's of Survival. Seventeen minutes to showtime, come and join in. www.illustrial.net or on Shoutcast.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 08:29 PM
link   
Tuned in...

In the spirit of all things survival I feel compelled to bump the thread and share an item that nobody attempting a wilderness scenario should be without.

The Bear Grenade

When threatened by a menacing bear, simply pop the top, toss the grenade, and run like hell while the predator gathers the contents.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 12:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by semperfortis
reply to post by OldCorp

Still trying to find a host to post the shows up on

Been kind of busy lately with Real Life, but I will get on it and we will have the old shows up for everyone soon

I promise

Semper

I understand about RL getting in the way of what you really want to do. I know it would take some of your valuable time to do this, but until you find a server to host your shows perhaps you could simply use the audio from the show to make a video and upload it to Youtube.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 01:07 AM
link   
reply to post by OldCorp

Only one problem with that, the shows are broadcast and recorded at 256k bit rate sound quality as is all the shows due to the requirements of the Saturday show to be on AM. This makes for a very large file. So large that would have to be broken down in several parts in order to be uploaded on YouTube and remain playable. In order to break then down, it has to be done manually. Again there is that time factor involved.

The alternative would be to lower the sound quality, but in dealing with that the sound quality degrades way too far to be listenable when down to the right size file.

Part of the problem of finding the right hosting solution is one that has large enough bandwidth usage for the playing of such large files.

Many things are being looked at, again RL time factors involved, but when the solution is figured out you might be able to get us to shut up about how to listen to older shows.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 01:11 AM
link   
reply to post by semperfortis

Hi, I would really love to know more about this. Living in Europe, I find it problematic to tune in at the right time. Please, is there a site where I can download it?

Kindest Regards

Terry ( The Lone Archer )

new topics

top topics

join