It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

colud WW3 be at the door step?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 02:12 PM
link   
ok we have done it we have told Syria's leader to step down, we, the US is not the only one saying this from the link

The leaders of Canada, France, Germany, the United Kingdom, and the European Union echoed Obama's demand.
below is the link
www.cnn.com... Now if we do go in, ground troops will Israel get in the mix? If it does with the mid east finely blow?

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 02:18 PM
link   
reply to post by bekod

With all the steps taken to stop war nowadays - even though wars still happen - i really cant see things getting so bad that WW3 would happen. But who knows, governments will do anything as long has it has some benefit for them.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 02:26 PM
link   
Oh I hope it is WW3. Then, perhaps there might be a 5 second lull between doomsday threads.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 02:33 PM
link   
Over what? This? No way. Israel - Iran - that's a maybe but that's a future.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 02:34 PM
link   
reply to post by bekod

I don't think we'll risk sending ground troops in. I think if it comes down to it, we might...and that is a big might, bomb from the air and sea like Libya. Now this could wind up being the E.U.'s ground war. There's really more at stake for them in this then the U.S. After all 90% of Syrian oil goes to the E.U. I just don't think there's really all that much on the table for us to risk that.

However, it would greatly benefit us strategically if the E.U. picked up the tab on this one, before we strike Iran. If the E.U. does send ground troops in and they do take the country, then you better believe Iran is on our (U.S.'s) list next.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 02:34 PM
link   
Let's hope its at America's doorstep.

About time they experienced what they give out.

"The leaders of Canada, France, Germany, the United Kingdom, and the European Union echoed Obama's demand. "

Shows how stupid CNN is, uhh France and Germany and the United Kingdom are the European Union.

edit on 18-8-2011 by JennaDarling because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 02:47 PM
link   
reply to post by JennaDarling

Lets hope what's at America's doorstep next? Someone call for our leaders to step down? Or for our gov't to shoot and kill protester's?

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 02:56 PM
link   
reply to post by J.Son79

i think any move by us, the West, NATO, or US by it self would set Iran off as well as Jordan. Turkey might be on our side but then they are the wild card, will they wont they? Israel would be hard to keep out this.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 03:02 PM
link   
reply to post by JennaDarling

Lol to you.

You would condone that to happen to a nother countries doorstep? quite sad really.

I wouldn't wish that on anyone.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 03:26 PM
link   
Whoooooo Apocalypse Now!!!

Finally its happening. Phfft

whatever. Theres been so many ww3 scenarios thats been played out here i dpubt any of us would ever know for sure when it'll happen. Either way i dont get the fascination with war. I doubt any one can imagine how horrible it would. Unless your that immature kind thats thinks he's going to die for a noble cause and be considered a hero or savior.

How about coming up with acenarios of preventing a world war? Theres a fun game.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 01:13 PM
link   
If our economy keeps worsening then we will get more desperate, I don't think we will let China become the top world power without a war.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by JennaDarling

Let's hope its at America's doorstep.

About time they experienced what they give out.

"The leaders of Canada, France, Germany, the United Kingdom, and the European Union echoed Obama's demand. "

Shows how stupid CNN is, uhh France and Germany and the United Kingdom are the European Union.

edit on 18-8-2011 by JennaDarling because: (no reason given)

Jenna,

Once again major FAIL at a post.

Maybe our countries leaders are out of hand right now with a lot but from the surface (and that's all that can be proven) they are not the ones causing the revolts. Maybe those leaders of the other countries should step down. When it comes to America our leaders should also listen to the majority and step aside for a new government by the people for the people when demanded.

Where I criticize your post isn't in the fact that our leaders are doing bad things but it's your delivery. You are hopeful that WW3 is on the doorstep of America is akin to saying "I hope that a lot of Americans die". Do you understand how insulting and infuriating that statement is.

WW3 is a bad thing and I believe we are already on the cusp of it if not already involved in it without the big catch phrase called WW3. Lets face it, almost the entire middle east is up in arms, the major players are all reaching economic lows and it's quite evident that the market is purposefully being manipulated to effect the economy. There are some trying to cause military action where others are trying to avoid it. Inevitably bombs will be dropped and a ton of young men and women will die at the decisions made by those who will never experience true loss in a horrific manner.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 04:46 PM
link   
Russia is about to be heavily criticised over the supply of arms, land mines in particular to Libya.

Things could certainly get a bit ugly.

I am so sick of all the ridiculous tensions being touted and exacerbated by our political systems.

If I could just get my family out and away from it all, I would.

I sometimes believe there truly is a different species of human on this planet with us.
edit on 26-8-2011 by Threegirls because: typo

top topics

join