It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fleet of UFO's Spotted in Korea

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by bojimbo
I'm not so certain that chinese lanterns could explain the sightings in Daejon S. Korea.
I can see the resemblance, but in my opinion, I don't think lanterns are the end-all debunk.

With Chinese lanterns you can see the outline of the balloon used as the inner lights illuminate throughout, even from far away; especially when zoomed in with a lens. They are also known for not lasting very long, either.
Being from South Korea, myself, I've seen my fair share of chinese lanterns, in Korea and in the U.S.

I can say for certain that my cousin, living in Daejon, said that these lights were a treat, and that people there have also tried to ID them as lanterns, but no one has been able to really agree on that. Really though, people in Korea would DEFINITELY know if a chinese lantern was in the air; as chinese culture permeates throughout most all eastern asia, era regardless.
The way these lights move, in the video, and the brightness lead me to believe otherwise.
Apparently, there have been numerous 'UFO' sightings recently in Korea, as a whole.

I'm not trying to say that these are definitely extraterrestrial, as I feel that terrestrial craft are getting craftier (punny); but that I don't think Chinese lanterns fit the bill, on this sucker. So far, they are UFO;s for sure, as in UNIDENTIFIED.

Maybe the world is gearing up for something big? MSM coverage of UFO's has steadily increased lately without the 'negative' implications of ET UFO belief, like there used to be~
edit on 19-8-2011 by bojimbo because: vocab lesson

Lets be logical for a second, not taking one side or the other.... which of these 2 scenarios is more likely?

1: Chinese Lanterns, given that its Korea, close to China, it's festival season there, they look and fly like lanterns, maybe, just maybe they put more magnesium in them to make them shine brighter.. OR

2: It's a fleet of alien ships or somekind of government spying (given the advances in stealth, satellite etc etc why use brightly lit aircraft) or a portent of doom....

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 11:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Xeven

Looks like military flares. The kind they hang on small parashoots.

Cept the daylight shot, and flares from that close you'd probably see the smoke trail being lit up.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by bsalert
Just been reported that a fleet of ufo's have been spotted over a Korean city see full story and images here

The Korea Times

This would be Tesla ships flying around I suppose.
And this would be South Korea as North Korea has consecrated on
the atomic bomb development started under Japan control.
Even though one might suspect Tesla ship development by Japan
we only has foo photos over the China Sea.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 11:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Mister_Bit

For obvious reasons, the lanterns are more logical, but that hardly seems to be the point here.
Logic does not always give the correct answer, unfortunately; but neither does guessing. lol

Until someone is able to fly into the sky to 100% logically verify what those lights are, both you and I are speculating. And then people will still need to see documented proof of the argument.

Also, S Korea's proximity to China is not very close. It's separated by N. Korea, and a body of water on the sea-side. So I don't know if lanterns from China could make it. Unless you aren't saying they originated in China, this point is moot.

But as before, Unidentified. I'm sufficiently happy with that

edit on 19-8-2011 by bojimbo because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 11:53 AM
link   
Looks more like lanterns..

That is just my opinions.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 11:54 AM
link   
They could be lanterns, ufo's have never had that sort of pattern before. Lanterns also usually tend to stay put for a while while UFO's tend to go at a fast rate.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by bojimbo
reply to post by Mister_Bit

For obvious reasons, the lanterns are more logical, but that hardly seems to be the point here.
Logic does not always give the correct answer, unfortunately; but neither does guessing. lol

Until someone is able to fly into the sky to 100% logically verify what those lights are, both you and I are speculating. And then people will still need to see documented proof of the argument.

Also, S Korea's proximity to China is not very close. It's separated by N. Korea, and a body of water on the sea-side. So I don't know if lanterns from China could make it. Unless you aren't saying they originated in China, this point is moot.

But as before, Unidentified. I'm sufficiently happy with that

edit on 19-8-2011 by bojimbo because: (no reason given)

hehe no, I doubt any lantern from China would make it that far. But they are known as "Chinese Lanterns" also "Sky Lanterns" "Festival Lanterns".. You get the idea.
My point really was that it's an Asian tradition to release burning lanterns, so not too much of a stretch to expect Koreans to follow the same traditions.

It's healthy to speculate, I applaud you... no really lol

But the circumstantial evidence would be weighted towards lanterns...... in my opinion

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 11:57 AM
link   
How about we call this like it is:

"A bunch of lights in the night sky seen over Korea"

So they're automatically UFOs? And let's not be stupid here, when someone on this site says "UFO" they mean it as the definition of "Alien Flying Saucers" okay? So spare me the argument that they are "flying" and "unidentified" so that makes them UFOs. We all know better.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 12:08 PM
link   
Hey all,

OK, here is the wind speed and weather report for Daejeon on Wed. I'm pretty useless at working this stuff out, but if anyone can take a stab at matching up speed of UFO (as they are unidentified) and the wind speed at the time..... If its roughly a match its lanterns, if it is no way a match, it isn't. If we can't decide..... well at least I tried.

www.wunderground.com...

Happy hunting

CC

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 12:28 PM
link   
reply to post by phishyblankwaters

would'nt seeing these "chinese lanterns" be the norm for korean people, especially people in the media. Give the people some credit, they did not see any lanterns, they saw something that was unusual and sensational (to them)...

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by phfaty
reply to post by David291

Ever notice that when it comes to alleged video clips of UFOs that the video is usually degraded quality, jittery, out of focus, and usually from a far distance that you can barely see any details? Why is this? The only thing that we get to see are bright spots of lights that sometimes will be flickering. Why is this?

Perhaps because it is all part of a global hoax designed to keep us fascinated and obsessed with all things UFOs. We as a planet should beware of a global hoax designed to make us believe that UFOs exist. What if they don't? Then what?

Get your cell phone and go outside tonight to film the moon. It will look just as crappy as any UFO video. Now do the same with a $500 HD cam, it will be just as crappy unless you get lucky and auto-focus works correctly.

Auto-focus has to be the main killer when it comes to filming small distant objects. This is why we have crap video.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 12:45 PM
link   
Wait.. Are you guys really suggesting that a bunch of festival lanterns fooled Koreans into thinking they were ufos?

You guys are aware that in almost all asian cultures lanterns are seen as the same way as fireworks are to us Americans, they use them for celebration, funerals etc.. I think its hilarious that you guys are suggesting that people in Korea are being fooled by one of their own traditions.. Thats like having a bunch of Americans call in UFO sightings because they saw a roman candle go off.. Its obvious they saw something they dont normally see..

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 12:54 PM
link   
reply to post by CrazyCloud

Thank you for that.

The wind direction on the day in question was predominantly West-South-West and South-West.
The objects were reported to be moving North East.

Logical conlusion = the wind was carrying them.

They were lanterns.
edit on 19-8-2011 by FOXMULDER147 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 01:08 PM
link   
Maybe they're UFO's pretending to be chinese laterns....

Laterns UFO's Link

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Seibei
Wait.. Are you guys really suggesting that a bunch of festival lanterns fooled Koreans into thinking they were ufos?

You guys are aware that in almost all asian cultures lanterns are seen as the same way as fireworks are to us Americans, they use them for celebration, funerals etc.. I think its hilarious that you guys are suggesting that people in Korea are being fooled by one of their own traditions.. Thats like having a bunch of Americans call in UFO sightings because they saw a roman candle go off.. Its obvious they saw something they dont normally see..
Many asian cultures have mistaken Lanterns as being UFO's so his isn't the first time. I don't fault asians if they have mistakingly thought that they were really UFO's especially in this time and age.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 01:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Seibei

#1 - I actually lived in South Korea for a year and I can honestly say that I never once saw Chinese lanterns floating in the sky - so they aren't more common over there than they are over here and they are not at all comparable to fireworks in America.

#2 - I have personally launched quite a few Chinese lanterns in my time and, depending on what size you get, they can be very bright in the daytime as well as at night. It is also quite easy to have a "formation" of lanterns flying with just a couple of people lighting them. They look and act exactly like the video on the first page of this thread and are just as bright.

#3 - These are without a doubt Chinese lanterns.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mister_Bit

reply to post by bluestreak53

They look nothing like Chinese lanterns When you can't tell what they are then they are Ufo's.....

Actually... they look EXACTLY like Chinese lanterns.

Not only do they look EXACTLY like Chinese lanterns. They MOVE EXACTLY like Chinese lanterns.

Seriously, I can't see why people put so much focus on videos which show totally mundane and easily explainable phenomena.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by TeslaandLyne

Just been reported that a fleet of ufo's have been spotted over a Korean city see full story and images here

The Korea Times

This would be Tesla ships flying around I suppose.
And this would be South Korea as North Korea has consecrated on
the atomic bomb development started under Japan control.
Even though one might suspect Tesla ship development by Japan
we only has foo photos over the China Sea.

To avoid confusion as to the "national origin" of these lanterns, I suggest that in the future, we refer to these incredibly advanced, futuristic technologies, employing burning wax, and paper as "Tesla Lanterns".

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 02:08 PM
link   
Interesting.

They may be lanterns,but they look brighter and sustain their light quite well and better than a lantern would,regardless of whatever weather conditions may have been preset during this event.

They also seem to travel abit faster than a lantern would be expected to travel.If they are traveling faster because of wind propelling them,then that should also affect the lights brightness,it wouldn't sustain its light as well as the objects in the video did.

It was also interesting to see them in the day on the same video,which again,they also seemed to have the same brightness and sustained light coming from them.

But,this would only apply if the light source was from a candle or burning light source,not a constant light source coming from a torch or electric light source.

Hopefully,at the end of this thread we will have came to a conclusion and will know what they are.

Cheers

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 02:20 PM
link   
reply to post by bluestreak53

Sounds good to me that should give the Illuminati their comeuppances.
And the Chinese too. And the lantern makers. For fooling us to think
there are no Tesla ship only their precious lights in the sky.
Anti Tesla cartel agents can now look forward to the Tesla lantern brigades.
Ed: It is a shame Japan lost everything and the German Illuminati gained
the world on the back of the Tesla ship. And Japan got stuck with all those
nuclear reactors in a high impact earthquake zone. What was MacArthur
thinking. Germany is now going no nukes with Tesla furnaces or straight
to electrical from the environment. I wish they would disclose what they
are going to do with the world this time.
edit on 8/19/2011 by TeslaandLyne because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join