It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fleet of UFO's Spotted in Korea

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 02:23 AM
link   
reply to post by rigel4

Slow moving and illuminated tells me it's their Intention to be seen...

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 02:24 AM
link   
They are not Chinese lanterns!!!

They are Korean Lanterns...

Seriously, I don't know what to make, in looks they are lanterns of some sort, I doubt they are flares as there's zero sense of downward movement from any of those lights compared to building alignment. I'm also not sure of the actual brightness, if you look closely they seem to flicker but the camera quality is so low together with the night time factor making a cheap camera produce traces and odd pixelation.

By that I mean if you look at the lights when zoomed in sometimes they seem to almost blink off and move then blink on, I think its the camera just guess-timating how much light there is compared to what it's digitally trying to zoom on.

Personally I would be more worried about news channels telling us there will be more destructive solar activity that will hit earth, at the moment it's being classed as "in decades" away but I get a feeling its going to get much warmer sooner than that.....

Maybe the lights may come here to take us away..?

edit on 19-8-2011 by Mclaneinc because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 02:35 AM
link   
I can't believe how long this thread has lasted compared to genuine amateur threads of UFOs. I never say "Chinese Lanterns" but this is pretty obvious of such, and if the general pop wants to believe otherwise, have fun with that.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 02:40 AM
link   
As many of said they are not lanterns.
I have lived in China for 5 years seen my fair share of lanterns and these are not. The Korean's would know the difference I would think.
Speaking of which I might take some videos of the upcoming lantern fest here soon so EVERYONE can see heaps of lanterns at one.
I thought there is a current military excersice going on in SK at the moment ?

NOTE TO ADD
Maybe this has something to do with it.

Seoul, South Korea (CNN) -- U.S. and South Korean troops began a 10-day military exercise around Seoul on Tuesday, maneuvers the U.S. commander called "defense-oriented" during a period of heightened tensions with the communist North.

LINK
edit on 19-8-2011 by crackerjack because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 02:46 AM
link   
reply to post by crackerjack

Dude, how can you say that based on the current videos? I hate the Chinese lantern excuse, but I have to concur with that for this particular video, how can you not? I've personally seen UFOs up close, TR-3Bs, and I say these are lanterns because they show all the same characteristics.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 02:49 AM
link   
I think this is more likely to be terrestrial based military craft

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 02:49 AM
link   
reply to post by JibbyJedi

Yes I know that excuse has been beaten to death many times. Military exercises are going on in SK. I think that's more likely the explanation. Para divers or something. I didnt say it was some exotic craft. But I don't think it's lanterns you;re talking about a country that's used to seeing lanterns.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 02:54 AM
link   
You can't say every UFO sighting are chinese lanterns because a few previous ones were lanterns. Actually, you can say that, but that doesn't mean its true. Until the military pays these koreans to go into their kitchens, and mark on the dates of their calendars "Release Chinese Lanterns For No Reason", then we have to call, or at least assume, that these are UFO's. (Because no one has undeniable proof that they are lanterns)

***Edit*** : The Phoenix lights had the movement characteristics of these UFO's. Were those chinese lanterns?
edit on 19-8-2011 by Vandettas because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 03:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by crackerjack
reply to post by JibbyJedi

Yes I know that excuse has been beaten to death many times. Military exercises are going on in SK. I think that's more likely the explanation. Para divers or something. I didnt say it was some exotic craft. But I don't think it's lanterns you;re talking about a country that's used to seeing lanterns.

I don't say Chinese lanterns lightly, it's usually my last excuse for most sightings. I've seen TR-3Bs up close, I've seen real UFOs frequently, and these look like explainable objects. I'm more of a believer than most people, and it's my 1st Lanterns argument, I wish it were ET but it isn't I believe.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 03:13 AM
link   
I'm in Korea right now. I didnt hear anything, and I work where I would of heard about this. Crazy. Daejon is like a hour away...damn. I need to keep my eyes open. Problem is its been cloudy here for like a week straight..OUTSTANDING find.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 03:14 AM
link   
I agree that country has seen it's fair share of lanterns and may not agree..... I wish it were real craft believe me, but my instincts are saying otherwise.
Not scientific I know, but I am an expert with UFOs, not by choice but by their choice, whatever that means, and I wish it were anomalies of an alien nature but I think we all know it isn't.

Not to fret, they are real and are there, about 2% of the time it's not our own craft, I've seen crazy stuff, I believe in UFOs, I believe in alien life out there, but I'm almost sure this is not that.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 03:24 AM
link   
reply to post by FOXMULDER147

How would you expect a real UFO to move? Like some jerk pulling Top Gun stunts?

Yeah why not. If there's Aliens here and they want us to know they are here, then give us an Airshow. Imitating balloons and Chinese lanterns is simply not good enough.
Yawn!!!!

If it looks like an airplane and flies like an airplane, chances are, it is probably an airplane.

Oh look it's an American F-22 with Russian stickers. :lol
edit on 19-8-2011 by kindred because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 03:33 AM
link   
Oh its lanterns today, not balloons, how refreshing.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 03:49 AM
link   
reply to post by David291

So now all Chinese lanterns are all the same.

I don't think so. There are hundreds of different Chinese lanterns?

www.chineselantern.co.uk...

www.partydelights.co.uk...

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 03:51 AM
link   
reply to post by bsalert

They do not appear to be doing anything remotely spectacular, no super fast movements, sharp turns or high speeds. Could be a night flight of balloons? Could be a number of things really but if I'm going to speculate, I would go with hot air balloons or lanterns? They do seem to sort of float along.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 03:59 AM
link   
reply to post by bsalert

These guys should just get it over with and land on the front lawns of all major cities of the world,,, I guarantee it would be a life changing event for all :-)

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 04:04 AM
link   

But then, 30 minutes later, they started to move,” a witness said...

So it looks like the lights were stoped in the sky for 30 minutes before it started moving. Can chinese lanterns or airplanes do this ?

edit on 19-8-2011 by AQ6666 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 04:13 AM
link   
For some reason I'm sure if I particularly saw this formation of Chinese Lanterns up my house I'd be yelling something like: SWEETIE COME HERE, WATCH THIS, THEY'RE COMING!!!

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 04:17 AM
link   
Hey all,

On the video on the first page, if you forward to 1.32 there is another, unmentioned red light, that flashes very, very briefly at the top right. You remember that Jerusalem UFO? Same sort of red light there too.

Check it out.

CC

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 04:21 AM
link   
It certainly wouldn't be the first time that lanterns are mistaken for ufo's. My guess is lanterns.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join