It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Here goes the Canadian Economy.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 01:49 PM
link   
OK, I don't know if this has been posted, if it has...sorry But Goldman Sachs...
Here's the link

Goldman Sach Opens new Market in Canada

Let me know what you think.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 02:03 PM
link   
Well, for what it's worth.....

The governor of their central bank is an ex-Goldman Sachs employee.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 02:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Rockdisjoint

So since all the world's central banks are being taken over one way or another, why do I feel that the next false flag will be an attack on Canada? Unless, of course, Harper gives in (or sells us out) peacefully?

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 02:38 PM
link   
reply to post by aboutface

I think your right on that one. But about Harper, I have a problem with that guy. As soon as he said, of course I'm paraphrasing here, no matter what his electorates says he will run the country as he sees fit. I had an immediate alergic reaction to that. Well anyway, Golden Sacks
means trouble to me and hopefully we will get through this with out too much heartache.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 02:38 PM
link   
The enabling of anonymous trading...

Garsh golly gee, I wonder who could benefit from that ?

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 03:10 PM
link   
Canadian corps’ with U.S. interests and vice versa have been toiling over their cauldrons for years figuring out ways to dodge the increasing regulations. This woud potentially allows the big box corporations the ability to trade and shuffle revenue bleeding options to the U.S. completely anonymously.

Canada has always been lean on U.S. market penetration… so this technically is a good thing. But this is one of many fumbled steps Canada has taken over the last 5 years
Ahem! (Stephen Harper). With it eventually falling, and giving into the U.S. machine.

Not the final straw..but getting close.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by aboutface

So since all the world's central banks are being taken over one way or another, why do I feel that the next false flag will be an attack on Canada? Unless, of course, Harper gives in (or sells us out) peacefully?

When they first established the central bank your economy was pretty much sold out.
edit on 18-8-2011 by Rockdisjoint because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 05:07 PM
link   

When they first established the central bank your economy was pretty much sold out.

The Bank of Canada is the Canadian central bank. Is that not also a corrupt institution? The fedres and the "Banque du Canada" walk hand in hand.

The Federal reserve is indeed the central bank of the US, but it is the third such central bank of the united states. It has a 100 year charter of operation, which expires next year.

The first central bank, "the bank of the united states" was chartered for 20 years in 1791 and was dismantled in 1811.
The second central bank "the second bank of the united states" was established in 1816 and dismantled in 1836 by president Andrew Jackson. He was vehemently against the tyranny that became the central bank. "A den of vipers and thieves", "I killed the bank".

The third central bank is the federal reserve we have now. Again, its 1913 charter is set to expire.

So, the US has not had a central bank for much of its existence. We have dismantled it before and I suppose we probably will again. What will replace it is the question.
edit on 18-8-2011 by METACOMET because: sp

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 05:16 PM
link   
reply to post by METACOMET

Is that not also a corrupt institution?

Sure it is, I don't see how a central bank can't be corrupt.

The third central bank is the federal reserve we have now. Again, its charter is set to expire.

You don't think they'll just renew the charter?

So, the US has not had a central bank for much of its existence.

We didn't have a central bank per se, but the U.S treasury did act like a central bank.
edit on 18-8-2011 by Rockdisjoint because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 02:18 AM
link   
www.zerohedge.com...
08/18/2011 15:25

...we know that both French and soon German CDS will be far, far wider as the idiotic market finally grasps what we have been saying for two years: that you can't have your cake and eat it, or said otherwise, that when you onboard corporate risk to the sovereign, someone has to pay the piper. Yet there is one place where that has not happened so far; there is one place that has been very much insulated from the whipping of the market, and one place where banks are potentially in just as bad a shape as anywhere else in Europe. That place is.... Canada.

...the banks with a TCE ratio of under ~4% a whopping 30% are those situated in Canada, the same place where nobody thinks anything can go wrong, and which has been completely spared from the retribution of the bond vigilantes. Something tells us Canadian sovereign CDS, not to mention Canadian bank CDS, are both about to go quite a bit wider...

top topics

join