It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO seen over Chinese Airport- 08/17/11

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 02:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Versa

Yes.... Fox News is being Lazy and showing us Old pics and footage ...

But the page is published today.

Air & Space UFO Spotted Over Chinese Airport Published August 18, 2011 | NewsCore Read more: www.foxnews.com...

and the article says "wednesday" which would be yesterday.... So the story seems real

We just need some data to verify.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 02:00 PM
link   
reply to post by FOXMULDER147

Or, who is suppressing this date? This is China we are talking about here. Although, every Gov't has been covering up our evidence since day 1.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 02:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Screwed

I think its more to do with people not engaging their brain before hitting the keyboard

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 02:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Versa

As I stated the picture with the article has nothing to do with the story. It is a slide show of other supposed UFO reports. Including the Moscow report which they state was the sun shining through the clouds.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 02:04 PM
link   
If you're going to post and can't be bothered with reading all previous posts, at least read the OP from top to bottom. It's getting tiresome.

Thanks for sharing OP.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 02:19 PM
link   
Here is where the story originated from.

www.shanghaidaily.com...

The Chongqing government has not officially offered an explanation of what the object was. However, the airport authority told Chongqing media they suspected, based on eyewitnesses accounts, it could be a sky lantern or a large balloon. An investigation is under way. A sky lantern is a traditionally used by Chinese when praying for good luck. Sky lanterns, widely known as Kongming lanterns, was named after their supposed inventor, Chinese sage and military strategist Zhuge Liang, whose reverent term of address was Kongming. The news that a UFO was sighted at the Jiangbei airport spread quickly across Chinese social networking websites yesterday, creating much excitement online. The airport said two flights from Beijing that were about to land had to divert to two other airports in the region following the restricted traffic alert. Two other flights en route to the airport were also forced to land elsewhere, said officials. By 1:20pm, the alert was lifted and normal traffic resumed, the airport said. The affected aircraft started returning to Chongqing later yesterday. This is not the first time a UFO has been seen at Chongqing. A year ago, news of UFOs in the municipality also stirred up wide public attention. But local media later said people had mistaken a number of glittering kites for aliens. The media said there was a regular group of kite enthusiasts who regularly gathered on a hilltop to fly their kites. People witnessing these from further away could take them for UFOs, reports said.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Versa
removed due to my brain short fusing
edit on 18/8/11 by Versa because: (no reason given)

We all have days like that.

I blame it on our darn alien overlords.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 02:25 PM
link   
reply to post by kdog1982

Thanks for adding that. Much more in-depth explanation.

I had not heard the kite story to explain last year's sighting.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 02:58 PM
link   
reply to post by angrywhitechick

You are welcome.
You would think if the objects were just kites or balloons ,the Chinese government would be shooting them down instead of diverting flights.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 03:05 PM
link   

The kite explanation seems really weak to me. The reports from last year made it sounds like the objects were right over the airport.

I guess they thought they would have to make up a new explanation because no one believed swamp gas anymore.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by angrywhitechick

The kite explanation seems really weak to me. The reports from last year made it sounds like the objects were right over the airport.

I guess they thought they would have to make up a new explanation because no one believed swamp gas anymore.

If you saw one of these kites,you would think it was a ufo.

www.ict.griffith.edu.au...

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 07:13 PM
link   

Well, maybe. If seen from a distance. The kites don't explain the entire 2010 flap, though, because there were at least 8 reports some in different places. There are also reports that the September 11, 2010 sighting In Baotau, Inner Mongolia was seen on radar by Air Traffic Controllers.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 07:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by drfeelme
Certainly a fake..

This is a rehashed hoaxed.

PLEASE HOAX BIN THIS!!

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/586e9cf715b4.jpg[/atsimg]

haha I guess just like me in this thread, sorry but couldn't resist.

adios
edit on 18-8-2011 by xX aFTeRm4Th Xx because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 10:29 PM
link   
reply to post by angrywhitechick

Hi

Very interesting!

I just read over at earth files that an enormous sand circle (similar to crop circles but made of sand) was recently reported in China.

In the earthfiles report, one observer suggested that the sand circle was so precisely laid out that it almost looked like it was created by a landed ship.

Personally I have no idea myself what it might be (for sure it could be an elaborate hoax) but in light of the recent UFO report that you mentioned, it’s definitely something to check out:

www.earthfiles.com...

and for the report:

www.earthfiles.com...

NOTE: According to the earthfiles site, it might be risky going over to the awaker.net site. (People have reported viruses) The above links though are good.

Here is one of the pictures from the earthfiles site:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/39b9721f8b38.jpg[/atsimg]

Qinghai Highway southwest of Xining, China
edit on 18-8-2011 by OwenandNoelle because: (to add picture from earthfiles site)

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 02:19 PM
link   
reply to post by OwenandNoelle

Thanks for posting that. Very interesting. Do you know if non- crop circles (for lack of a better term...) are common? I looked at a few crop circle websites and they all seemed to mention only circles made in crops.

On one hand I could believe something landed but do you think that it seems like the soil would be compacted more than 6 inches deep for something of that size?

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 04:26 AM
link   
Thanks to this post, and the sources given from the youtube video, here's a direct link to a chinese news source (no clue how legit of a news source) coverage of the airport shutdown starts at about 30 seconds in and has a photo.

NDTV.com

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 03:28 AM
link   
Two China UFOs 2011/08

I guess here are the newest UFO reports from China.
And it is definitely not glittering kites or chinese lantern or baloons or.. (according to the descriptions). Well, it's unidentified, so..

Of course, no really impressive pics or videos whatsoever as of yet, but maybe some will surface soon.

<< 1   >>

join