It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

David Letterman Targeted With Threat From Jihadist Website

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 01:21 PM
link   

David Letterman is currently on hiatus, but that hasn't stopped the late night legend from angering some people with comments he made before taking off for summer vacation. According to reports from SITE Intelligence Group, which scans the Internet for terrorist activity, Letterman has been marked for death by a jihadist group for comments the "Late Show" host made on June 5 about Al Qaeda leader Ilyas Kashmiri, who was killed earlier this summer during a U.S. military strike in Pakistan.

www.mtv.com...

yep i linked mtv now who is going to discredit them

so make a joke and end up with a death threat this is nothing new and has happened time and time agian.

still doesnt make it right i dont like alot of things people say but i dont declare jihad on them.

below is another link that i will not quote but if you read what umar al-baswari said you know the real deal.

www.starpulse.com...

what say you ats? do we threaten to kill people we dont like just because you dont like what they have to say?

personal i dont

edit on 18-8-2011 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 01:25 PM
link   
First thing I thought of when I read about this is why are Jihadists watching David Letterman? I get this picture in my head of them laughing at Britney and Obama jokes, then turn psyhco all of a sudden with mention of Osama Bin Laden

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 01:28 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Interesting, I was just reading a story about how a black mail attempt against Letterman was started by an Israeli.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 01:29 PM
link   
If I was David L, I would look right into the Camera, and say......"BRING IT ON". What a bunch of panzies, making threats from 5,000 miles away.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 01:34 PM
link   
I never like David that much anyway.
He's not good people.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 01:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Chewingonmushrooms

Hey that's a pretty funny image.
Thanks for the laugh. I laughed on my second line.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 01:40 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

I'm not familiar with Alquaida sites, but the source said it's a remark made on a forum. Can this be considered to be an all out-and-out Alquaida terrorist threat really? It pays to be vigilant of course, but why hype it up?

I stopped watching him when he crossed the line and made remarks and jokes about Palin's children. I'm not American and don't live in the US, so I have no special interest in her. His writers simply did not understand about boundaries, and they defended their position for awhile.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 02:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Chewingonmushrooms

Starred.

On a serious note; I can picture individuals who are commissioned to observe and report such conduct. I can also picture a set of individuals one tier higher who are responsible for passing on certain information to certain controllers who make decisions about who will have a [spiritual] price on their head.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 02:55 PM
link   
and that smarmy paul shaeffer had better watch his p's and Q's i suppose huh?

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 05:28 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

They can't go after Jay Leno? Then again, Leno and his jokes sooo lame and watered down how could he offend anyone?

I'm with you Letterman! I think his home in Montana, so good luck to any terrorist who wants to find him. And good luck getting to him when he is in NY to tape. It aint happening.

edit on 18-8-2011 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 05:43 PM
link   
anyone know what the joke was? I'm in need of a good knee slapper.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 06:30 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

The pen is mightier than the sword until it runs out of ink.
The Silent Curtain of cultural Marxism/political correctness
will destroy civilization eventually.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 06:35 PM
link   
not surprising, stalin and mao tried to assasinate john wayne

new topics

top topics

join