It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What If they just stopped printing money?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 01:10 PM
link   
First, if this is in the wrong place, I apologize, but not sure where it would go... Mods, feel free to move if necessary.

I have no proof of this, except first hand knowledge from a family member.

I get a call from my mom about what is going on with my brother, he is special needs but very high functioning.
He works at the Bureau of Printing and Engraving facility in Ft. Worth, TX. and just found out that after September, he will no longer have a job. The company he works for is a contracted provider of environmental services at the Mint facility . and after 18 years of working there. He was told that due to the suspension of all operations, at the end of September, He has the choice of transferring to another Federal department for employment or choose an early retirement. The question was raised if he could go to another Mint Facility and the answer was no, after September, all Printing and Engraving Facilities are suspending Printing/Minting services; so it might be good to look into the Dept. of Justice, FEMA, or other Government agency, that might have openings...but also warned that there could be a waiting list, so in the interim, look to the private sector maybe the school systems local to you for employment while you wait for a Government position to become available.

Not sure what this means, but he is taking it pretty hard He doesn't do change very well. I wonder why the Fed is doing this?

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 01:20 PM
link   
reply to post by willie75

Absolute madness at first, then a sense of freedom I'd presume.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 10:55 PM
link   

this is interesting to read and i hope you get feedback from people directly related to Mint employ. being as your brother works for a contractor i wonder if he was told the truth or someone's perception of what is taking place. it's not unusual for the workers on the floor to be fed a line while upper management keeps mum about what is taking place.

over the past few years usa currency has undergone changes several times, it seems to me. maybe i'm just not used to 'new bills' yet, i don't know. i wonder if the Mint is just going to re-tool for a new style or type of currency.

coins have a good long life but i don't know how long bills can circulate. it makes sense that they can take just so much handling and need to be replaced.

willie75 your thread title question is a good one. money is a consumable (it wears out) and the usa money is shipped around the world on a daily basis TTBOMK. supply and demand of the commodity has been ongoing well before i was born (long ago). turning off the printing presses may mean money is just being changed again (more built-in security measures), or is going to be replaced with more durable plastic (?) money, or the rich people decided they've had too much for too long and we're going to a freebie system (yeah right!).

-or- the Fed Res is going to outsource the job overseas as a cost-cutting measure. i would not be surprised.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 09:38 AM
link   
reply to post by LargeFries

I asked for more info from my mom,( I currently live in TN.) and she told my that is was not a rep. from his employer, the Contractor, this was a joint meeting with all employees, and contracted labor in the facility, at the same time, by one of the Installation Supervisors from the Fed. This was a blind side to everyone there. when asked why this was happening, the answer given was that information is not available to the employee's clearance level, not even his.
so something is up... just not sure why or what.

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 11:25 PM
link   

willie75 this is huge. maybe you could re-post this OP with a different title header. not 'What If', but 'they are going to' type of thing. this is really interesting info and i think ATS'ers would be all over it. thanks for sharing

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 02:00 PM
link   
reply to post by LargeFries

followed the advice with new info... thanks

top topics

join