It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rush Limbaugh: Triple Double Oreo will be 'Or-Bam-eo,' a biracial cookie

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 02:07 AM
link   
reply to post by kro32

Remember, Limbaugh is simply a merchant selling a product to consumers.

Don't worry about what Limbaugh is saying. Worry that he's only saying it because he has millions of listeners who love to hear it.
edit on 19/8/2011 by TheWalkingFox because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 10:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by newcovenant
Gimme a break. Who cares what color you are and what does that have to do with the slobbering druggies reference to Obama and Oreos???

Ummmm, probably because if Obama was white, the reference to "Oreos" wouldn't be spun by the left as being "racist". So, it matters in this context. If Rush were talking about cookies and anyone BUT Obama, it woudn't have been an issue for you, or anyone else. But, you automatically ASSUME that it's a racist comment, which is what the whole story is about anyway.

FYI - When you said "AS A BLACK MAN" you brought race into it just like he did and I pointed that out to you in the form of a good natured, friendly joke. Maybe you are so hypersensitive about your color it was lost on you but figured you could take it if you could dish it out. No huh?

Nope, not hypersensitive about anything. I'm not the one who went off on a rant about hateful Republicans, or anything like that. All I said is that I didn't find it offensive. Why is it you think I should? Obviously, you think I should find it offensive, because of my skin color. Not going to happen. I'm not like Al Sharpton, and I don't race bait. He does, you do, and your whole looney left psycho band does. You turn everything into "race". For example, people entering the country ILLEGALY, and if you're against it, people like you throw "racist" into the conversation. In fact, you people have used the word so damn much, it really has no meaning anymore. You've diluted it to the point where you equate people against illegal immigration the same as those who drag someone behind their pickup truck, or hang them. It would be the same a equating a paper airplane to a rocket ship.

The thread is about a paid corporate stooge making a tasteless and racist joke about the President of the United States and the man I voted for.

Wait a minute, didn't you claim earlier that I brought race into this? Now, it's about race? Could you please make up your mind! I'm sorry you voted for him. You must be disappointed. Unemployment skyrocketed, escalated wars in Iraq and Afghanistan. Unilaterally military action in Pakistan, Got us into yet another war in Libya. Bailed out the same corporate thugs that Bush did, only with MORE money, all while having a (D) House and Senate. Man, this guy is George Bush 2.0+, and on steroids to boot! I'm glad I voted 3rd party!

So Limbaugh's joke didn't offend you? Your prerogative but attacking me because you have no sense of humor and now you're feigning indignation because I'm supposed to be PC.

Nope, it didn't offend me. I didn't attack you. I commented, and you replied. I have a great sense of humor, and I don't call for people to be removed from radio, TV, or comedy stages because of their "jokes". You should watch some Carlos Mencia or other comedians like him. Ever seen the "Racist Olympics" skit? Did you laugh? I did!

This is a thread about a man who hates the President with such a seething passion he will try and make him the butt of a race related joke.

Wasn't this thread "about a paid corporate stooge making a tasteless and racist joke"? Now it's about hate? All that after it's not about race, and I'm the one who brought race into it? This is rich.

And look at you...

Media Matters made an issue out of Rush's comments.
You're blaming Media Matters for repeating his comments??? Of all the scapegoating, duplicitous attempts at deflection.

No, I'm NOT blaming[/] Media Matters, nor am I trying to deflect. The other poster said this wouldn't be made a big deal. When Media Matters and the Huffington Post, or Fox News, or CNN, or any other media outlet covers it, it's being made "a big deal" by that particular organization. Get it? Did Media Matters cover it or not? If it wasn't an issue for them, then they wouldn't have covered it. Period.

The man doesn't belong on the air. Only the rest drinking the hateraide give you the stars you deserve for hating the best.

So, you don't support the 1st Amendment now? I thought you leftists were all for the 1st Amendment. Oh, that's right. Freedom of speech, but only if it agrees with me. Maybe you feel the same way about the leftist talking heads when they do the same thing the other way around, right? Do you call for them to be off the air? I highly doubt it. See, that's where we differ. I think Rush has the RIGHT to be on the air, and I think anyone with opposing views to his has the RIGHT as well, and I'll NEVER call for them to be taken off. Then again, I believe in freedom, not dictatorships.

That's the trouble with Republicans. Not enough they have their own personal spiteful ways - they are not happy unless you have those petty bitter spiteful ways too. I don't.

No, you don't have any hatred in you. None. HA! Yeah, that's very evident that you're a tolerant person. Look, you have about as much hate toward Republicans as Hitler had toward Jews. One only needs to read your posts to see that. You have ZERO tolerance toward anyone who doesn't share your opinion. In fact, you want them "off the air", and if the truth were known, you'd be happy to see them put in camps. Why not just tell the truth?

Sorry to disappoint you bro. It is a thread about cookies and people who've lost theirs.

I thought it was about "a paid corporate stooge making a tasteless and racist joke" and "a man who hates the President with such a seething passion he will try and make him the butt of a race related joke". Could you PLEASE MAKE UP YOUR MIND!!!???

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 10:55 AM
link   
reply to post by navy_vet_stg3

If I thought it would save you from yourself I would.
Now you are blaming ME for the hate speech of Limbaugh?

Does the buck stop anywhere around you guys or are you wearing a rubber...bumper?
Obama is the far lesser of the evils you want to put in there. I can tell you right now you are not voting for Ron Paul as yours is a different agenda. You like Perry? Doesn't matter to me. I am going to go and make up my mind as you nagging, suggest. Too bad yours is already concrete.

Can I ruin your day? Obama is going to win again. See you back here when it's all over and we will see if your speech got you the Corporate Stooge you are looking for. I don't think people listen to this sort of rhetoric and if you don't believe me check out the latest ATS poll. People will stick with the evil they know than try for one they don't and other than Ron Paul that is all your party is putting out there.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 11:10 AM
link   
You know, if people would start ignorming the man instead of making him a public spectical, things would be better.

Just the FACT that someone is crying over his comment makes me want to go turn on his show and listen to it--something I havent' done for 5-10 years.
And nto because it's contradictiory at all, but because people insist on GOING BEYOND what he said with speculation. I might as well listen to HIM and get HIM in CONTEXT.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 11:39 AM
link   

If I thought it would save you from yourself I would.
Now you are blaming ME for the hate speech of Limbaugh?

Does the buck stop anywhere around you guys or are you wearing a rubber...bumper?
Obama is the far lesser of the evils you want to put in there. I can tell you right now you are not voting for Ron Paul as yours is a different agenda. You like Perry? Doesn't matter to me. I am going to go and make up my mind as you nagging, suggest. Too bad yours is already concrete.

Nope, I'm blaming YOU for YOUR hatred. Nothing more, nothing less. Yes, we actually believe in "personal responsibility". Ya know, making it on your own, failing on your own. Not living off the government tit. I'm either voting for Herman Cain or Ron Paul. I don't trust Perry. He's a kook, and supported the kook Al Gore in 2000. Then again, Al Gore vs. Bush wasn't much of a choice, which is why I voted Libertarian. You are 100% correct about 1 thing. Obama was the lesser of 2 EVILS in the 2008 elections, between him and McCain. I don't vote for evil though, regardless, which, once again, is why I voted Libertarian in 2008. Regardless of his level of "evil", Obama is "evil".

Can I ruin your day? Obama is going to win again. See you back here when it's all over and we will see if your speech got you the Corporate Stooge you are looking for. I don't think people listen to this sort of rhetoric and if you don't believe me check out the latest ATS poll. People will stick with the evil they know than try for one they don't and other than Ron Paul that is all your party is putting out there.

You're probably right. Obama will probably beat the Republican candidate, especially if it's Perry, Romney or Bachmann. I won't vote for either of them. If they're on the ticket, I'll be voting 3rd party AGAIN . So, would you vote Ron Paul over Obama? If so, why don't you register and vote for him in the primary? Help those of us that are right of center to get someone who's not a corporate shill or religious zealot! Personally, I believe if Ron Paul or Herman Cain aren't taking the oath in January, 2013, this country will plunge into civil war within a year after that, regardless if it's Obama, Romney, Perry, or Bachmann.

See, you got me all wrong, you thought I liked those "party punks", didn't you? Nope. Here's a little background on my voting in my lifetime.

1992: Ross Perot
1996: Clinton
2000: LP
2004: LP
2008: LP

Colorado Senate
Allard, until he retired.
Voted for Ken Salazar over Pete Coors, because Pete sold out and outsourced Colorado jobs. Bad choice either way.
I voted for Ken Buck, because I think Michael Bennet is a waste of space, and I don't trust anyone who sounds like Jeff Spicoli.

House
Musgrave
Gardner, although I didn't care if the Dem won, because she wasn't "bad" in my opinion. She voted for Obama Care, which was the tipping point for me.

Governor.
Bill Owens
Tom Tancredo
I would have loved to have the Democrat, Dick Lamm in office, because he was pretty middle of the road. And, his stance on illegal immigration is spot on.

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 12:45 AM
link   

Here is where I stopped reading...

Nope, I'm blaming YOU for YOUR hatred

No offense but - I have no hatred, I won't be preached to or taught by derision and I don't suffer fools gladly.

In fact... I don't suffer them at all.

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 12:56 AM
link   

No offense but - I have no hatred, I won't be preached to or taught by derision and I don't suffer fools gladly.

Don't want to get into ya'll love-fest really, but hatred is more than just feeling an emotion. It goes to the point where if you show petty forms of envy and jealousy towards another, you're showing the other hatred. Technically, hate is being unwilling to do what is best for the other person, so a lot of parents wind up showing hatred towards their kids when they let them have their way without consequences. So apply it to each other. Do you always do what's best for everyone? If the answer is no, then you are showing hatred towards another being, no matter how little you feel over it. Is assuming ANYTHING about another person doing anything in heir best interest? If the answer is no, then technically y'all are both showing some hatred...

Which explains a lot about our society. We hate each other so much that we have apathy, don't get to know each other, and assume things about people without enough concrete evidence to make the statements we do. try thinking about this and see if any of your response would change.

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 01:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by CynicalDrivel

Don't want to get into ya'll love-fest really, but hatred is more than just feeling an emotion. It goes to the point where if you show petty forms of envy and jealousy towards another, you're showing the other hatred. Technically, hate is being unwilling to do what is best for the other person, so a lot of parents wind up showing hatred towards their kids when they let them have their way without consequences. So apply it to each other. Do you always do what's best for everyone? If the answer is no, then you are showing hatred towards another being, no matter how little you feel over it. Is assuming ANYTHING about another person doing anything in heir best interest? If the answer is no, then technically y'all are both showing some hatred...

Which explains a lot about our society. We hate each other so much that we have apathy, don't get to know each other, and assume things about people without enough concrete evidence to make the statements we do. try thinking about this and see if any of your response would change.

Another preacher.
Love you bro and I really mean it but, my mind is not up for grabs. And yeah all that could be but it's not. All this semantics is making me hungry. I do what is best for everyone at all times, and if I am not doing it, I am trying. Hatred? Yeah, I hate scum bags and child molesters. Its a curse. Most regular people who are just misguided or lost or even the just plain stupid... I love them all. That doesn't mean I have to hang around and listen to their drivel, cynical or otherwise.
That is being a glutton for punishment.
But doesn't mean I feel hatred for them. Who has the time?
And I've spent the maximum required by law with you, as well my friend.
So fare well . Life is too short to spend complaining or criticizing anyone much.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join