It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rush Limbaugh: Triple Double Oreo will be 'Or-Bam-eo,' a biracial cookie

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Kraft foods is going to launch a new Oreo ... It's a Triple Double Oreo. Do you like Oreos, is that? Well, it, what it's going to be here, it's actually a biracial cookie. You've got three of the chocolate wafers, and then you've got the white vanilla cream, the cream, and then there's a chocolate cream. So you've got, you've got three -- the stuff, the thing that says Oreo on it, the wafer. And then you've got the white cream, then you've got another chocolate wafer, then you've got the chocolate cream, and then you've got the bottom wafer. The Triple Double Oreo. You wait, it isn't going to be long before it's called the Or-Bam-eo, or something like this. Well, it's a biracial cookie, here ... In the midst of all this talk of obesity. And, I mean, every time Michelle Obama goes out there and talks about healthful eating, the food industry responds with, 'Oh, yeah? Take this.' And Kraft comes up with the Or-Bam-eo, the triple double-dipper."

blog.zap2it.com...

Wonder if Rush is gonna get in trouble for this. Doubtful but I still think it's a pointless rant.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 12:52 PM
link   
As a black man, I am not at all offended by Limbaugh's comments. After the whole tar baby incident, I try and use the term tar baby as much as I can, in the context of the Brer Rabbit story. People will always try and spin what Republicans say as "racist". People need to grow thicker skin, be it black, brown, white, red, yellow, green or blue.

As for his comments on Michelle, I find it funny that she's telling everyone to eat twigs and berries, meanwhile she's sucking down a rack of ribs in Aspen, CO. Go figure.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 12:54 PM
link   
reply to post by navy_vet_stg3

You are more forgiving than I believe you should be. This is uncalled for and very demeaning in my opinion. There is no point being made that needs to use this sort of analogy.

But i'm sure it won't be made a big deal of.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 12:57 PM
link   
It's already been made a big deal. The fact it's being covered in the media means people are making something of it. But, we all are entitled to our opinion. I don't see a problem with it. Then again, being conservative, and talking ANYTHING about race is like....errrr....do I dare say....like touching a tar baby. See, I told you I use it.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 12:58 PM
link   
reply to post by navy_vet_stg3

Fair enough.

Point taken

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 01:01 PM
link   
It's really not about growing thicker skin.

It's about recognizing an ass when you see one, or hear one, and calling it an ass.

Politically correct ? How about just feeling good about making the call ?

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 01:11 PM
link   
reply to post by kro32

You gotta love Rush for bringing this kind of observation to the fore.
Sometimes I forget what a jack ass he is and stuff like this hammer it home.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by navy_vet_stg3
As a black man, I am not at all offended by Limbaugh's comments. After the whole tar baby incident, I try and use the term tar baby as much as I can, in the context of the Brer Rabbit story. People will always try and spin what Republicans say as "racist". People need to grow thicker skin, be it black, brown, white, red, yellow, green or blue.

As for his comments on Michelle, I find it funny that she's telling everyone to eat twigs and berries, meanwhile she's sucking down a rack of ribs in Aspen, CO. Go figure.

Nobody needs you to bring up the race card.
What's up with that anyway?

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 01:32 PM
link   
I've got one thing to say to Limbaugh..

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/d3d5323e5c54.jpeg[/atsimg]

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Technically, Rush would be dead wrong. The actual "bi-racial cookie" has been made for many years now. It is known as the black & white cookie. Half chocolate, half vanilla.

A black and white cookie, also known as a half and half cookie, a drop cake or a half moon, is a soft, sponge cake-like shortbread which is iced on one half with vanilla fondant, and on the other half by dark chocolate fondant. It is similar to a neenish tart, although neenish tarts are filled with a jam center, whereas a black and white cookie is not.

Wiki

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by newcovenant

Surely you're not that stupid. If it's not about "race" then what are people getting their panties in a bunch over? Are they mad because Obama is "sugary"? Of course this is about race. The "race card" was brought up the moment Media Matters made an issue out of Rush's comments. Read the article, before you comment. Don't forget the old adage, "It's better to be thought a fool, then to open your mouth and erase all doubt." You're posting in a thread about RACE.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 08:08 PM
link   
LOL my first Kro thread

i'm with navy vet on this one being multi-racial i don't give a Flying F about a lot of this race rhetoric it's just fools opening their mouths.

also Oreo is a term of opprobrium used by negroes to describe some one who is black on the outside, white on the inside.

hence my using the name King Oreo when i speak of the emperor.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 08:19 PM
link   
For years the left has had people listening to Rush on a daily basis just waiting for that "gotcha" moment and they still haven't brought the man down. He is too smart for them. He toys with them like a Orca toys with baby seals.
edit on 18-8-2011 by Thunderheart because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 08:25 PM
link   
he does have a point.

but the joke used is regretable, and not even funny.

good point, stupid joke.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 10:47 PM
link   

Surely you're not that stupid. If it's not about "race" then what are people getting their panties in a bunch over? Are they mad because Obama is "sugary"? Of course this is about race. The "race card" was brought up the moment Media Matters made an issue out of Rush's comments.

What I always find puzzling is why the black community would even want to claim Obama as their own. I've heard he is actually only about 6% black African, the lions share of his 'race', if it's that important, is Arab and Irish.

His demeanor and culture to me, seems like elitist white psycho-liberal. You know the type. They haunt university political science departments and are always dreaming of revolution and Marxist utopias.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 11:45 PM
link   
reply to post by SevenThunders

I don't understand it either, not because of his race, but because his policies hurt black people (and all other races). What is the African American unemployment rate now, vs. 2008? It's gone WAY up!

As for Obama's race, I really don't give a crap. He could be of Martian descent, and he'd be just as horrible for the future of the U.S. and the Constitution. He's dangerous. His white half is dangerous and his black half is dangerous.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 12:49 AM
link   
reply to post by kro32

Rush is already an established racist and a bit of a backwards thinker. He is poison in that regard and is part of a dying breed. He has no obligation to be PC as he is on the radio and not running for office.

Personally, since he hates Ron Paul, I think his politically-poisoned ass should get even more racist. Anything he backs will be poisoned and everybody he hates will be polarized from his image.

But, yeah... he's a total jackass.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 01:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by newcovenant

Surely you're not that stupid. If it's not about "race" then what are people getting their panties in a bunch over? Are they mad because Obama is "sugary"? Of course this is about race. The "race card" was brought up the moment Media Matters made an issue out of Rush's comments. Read the article, before you comment. Don't forget the old adage, "It's better to be thought a fool, then to open your mouth and erase all doubt." You're posting in a thread about RACE.

Originally posted by navy_vet_stg3 - As a black man, I am not at all offended by Limbaugh's comments.

"As a black man"
Gimme a break. Who cares what color you are and what does that have to do with the slobbering druggies reference to Obama and Oreos??? FYI - When you said "AS A BLACK MAN" you brought race into it just like he did and I pointed that out to you in the form of a good natured, friendly joke. Maybe you are so hypersensitive about your color it was lost on you but figured you could take it if you could dish it out. No huh?
The thread is about a paid corporate stooge making a tasteless and racist joke about the President of the United States and the man I voted for. So Limbaugh's joke didn't offend you? Your prerogative but attacking me because you have no sense of humor and now you're feigning indignation because I'm supposed to be PC. This is a thread about a man who hates the President with such a seething passion he will try and make him the butt of a race related joke. And look at you...

Media Matters made an issue out of Rush's comments.
You're blaming Media Matters for repeating his comments??? Of all the scapegoating, duplicitous attempts at deflection. The man doesn't belong on the air. Only the rest drinking the hateraide give you the stars you deserve for hating the best. That's the trouble with Republicans. Not enough they have their own personal spiteful ways - they are not happy unless you have those petty bitter spiteful ways too. I don't. Sorry to disappoint you bro. It is a thread about cookies and people who've lost theirs.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 02:00 AM
link   
reply to post by kro32

Looks like Rush has a couple hundred boxes of Or-Bam-eo's in his belly.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 02:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by SevenThunders

Surely you're not that stupid. If it's not about "race" then what are people getting their panties in a bunch over? Are they mad because Obama is "sugary"? Of course this is about race. The "race card" was brought up the moment Media Matters made an issue out of Rush's comments.

What I always find puzzling is why the black community would even want to claim Obama as their own. I've heard he is actually only about 6% black African, the lions share of his 'race', if it's that important, is Arab and Irish.

His demeanor and culture to me, seems like elitist white psycho-liberal. You know the type. They haunt university political science departments and are always dreaming of revolution and Marxist utopias.

NYT Book Review
Eugenics, Anyone?
October 23, 1997
William Pfaff

Until recently it has been, not a secret, but a fact kept carefully closeted, that the countries that consider themselves the most advanced and civilized had for many years been sterilizing “undesirable” people, or taking their children away from them, in order to improve the “race.” This was going on in the United States until 1973. www.nybooks.com...

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join