It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Vivid imaginations

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2004 @ 11:55 AM
link   
I'd love to believe that the human race is wrapped up in some vast alien conspiracy to either enlighten or control us, but there simply is NO evidence supporting such an idea. Throughout the known existence of humanity, we've manufactured myths and legends to explain things that we didn't fully understand. In ancient times we used religious symbolism to explain these things away, but as our technical knowledge advances we tend to find more technical and scientific explanations for these "unexplained" phenomena. Some of the less educated cultures on this planet continue to see these things as acts of God or Gods, yet those who have lost much of their faith due to higher education have begun to label these as ETs. We very desperately want to believe that there is something more capable than us in control of things. Part of us NEEDS to know that we are not simply floating about in an ocean of chaos.
I've personally seen strange things in the dark, I've had odd dreams and fragments of lost time. I've even had a case or two of sleep paralysis followed by strong hallucinations or waking dreams. I've had many strange things happen to me and... the more that I research these phenomena, the more I see a trend. The human brain is far more complicated and flawed than most want to accept. There are portions of the brain which are directly responsible for "religious experiences" which are suspiciously similar to the "ET contact" experiences. These hallucinations obviously serve a purpose or they would not have developed within us. These experiences can now be reproduced in a controlled laboratory environment with technology that is far from advanced. It's been suggested that even the wide spread use of electronic appliances can interfere with these parts of the brain, actually increasing the rate of these experiences in the general public. More often than not, these "experiences" are triggered through trance or meditation.... or basically the subject must WANT to see these things.
As for the UFO phenomena. Nothing suggests to me that these things are of extra terrestrial origin. Most of the sightings began towards the end of WWII and have increased exponentially since then. Documents have been "declassified" that show that the German military was working on strange saucer shaped craft during the war. Sightings here coincidentally increased after the Nazis' defeat. The tech behind these craft does not truly seem mind blowing to me either. There was an old toy in the 80's that consisted of a small magnetized spinning top, a small magnetic platform and a small concave plastic tray. The idea was to make the platform level with the earth's gravitational pull (not it's magnetic field), and to then place the concave platic tray on top of the platform. You would then spin the top within the tray and... if you had aligned the platform properly, then you could lift the tray and pull it out from underneath the spinning top and.... MAGIC!... the top would sit there spinning in thin air. Magnetism and gyroscopes people. That's all a UFO needs. With a strong enough power source and computers fast enough to navigate such a thing... then these guys could easily be COMPLETELY terrestrial. They tend to interfere with electronics which also suggests that they use magnetism as propulsion. Also, if you consider that the military seems to be 30-50 years ahead of civilian tech and you keep in mind many of the cutting edge technologies that are being developed now as we speak... these "UFOs" could have easily been made by humans. I also find it strage that the craft themselves have seemed to improve over the past 5 decades. They get faster, smarter, more agile and their numbers increase every year. Isn't it strange that they seem to be progressing around the same rate that humans are? The only reason I can think of that anyone would keep such technology a secret for so long is... the power source. Maybe all this time they've had a power source that was clean and abundant... perhaps even infinite. Oil comes up in conversation almost constantly these days. What better way to control the masses than to control the power source at the heart of a civilization's technological foundation? If we all knew of such an energy source... we could all truly be free of our governments... That just won't do, now will it?
I'm sure that there are "others" poking about the universe, but I think their interest in us would equate to our interest in the mountain gorillas of the congo. We're on the edge of putting an end to labor on THIS palnet. Why would something so much more advanced than us need SLAVE labor? LOL. Also, genetic sciences just aren't all that complicated compared to quantum physics, so anything that sould even OPERATE such vehicles would most certainly be able to grasp genetics. Hate to be the one to tell you folks, but "the boogey men ARE coming" and they all have ten fingers and ten toes, two eyes, a nose, a mouth and PARENTS!!! lol.

posted on Aug, 19 2004 @ 12:14 PM
link   
I'm surprised that no one jumped in to take apart your statement. i tend to over all fall into your camp of thought. I believe that aliens exist and yes, they may even be space faring. I do doubt that they are crossing the gulf of space in droves only to crash on earth or pick up a few butt probe samples.

posted on Aug, 19 2004 @ 12:15 PM
link   
Everyone has it's own picture of what is really going on, can't say yours wrong, but i don't accept it at all.

[edit on 19-8-2004 by RealityBites]

posted on Aug, 19 2004 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by fortunate1
...Also, if you consider that the military seems to be 30-50 years ahead of civilian tech and you keep in mind many of the cutting edge technologies that are being developed now as we speak... these "UFOs" could have easily been made by humans....

Ok if that is true, then you've contradicted yourself.

We would now know what caused ufo reports from thirty to fifty years ago, and that is not the case.

Si even if today we can possibly imagine secret super sonic crafts, it doesn't explain the maneuverability and speed witnessed decades ago.

Aka U2 spy plane, blackbird, F-117. Secretive and fast, but still nothing like what has been seen.

posted on Aug, 19 2004 @ 02:12 PM
link   

As for the UFO phenomena. Nothing suggests to me that these things are of extra terrestrial origin. Most of the sightings began towards the end of WWII and have increased exponentially since then.

WRONG!!!

There were UFO pictures in the 20's and 30's and there were ufo sightings for as long as man can remember. In fact, the first picture ever taken of a flying saucer was in 1883 by astronomer Jose Bonilla.

www.ufoartwork.com...

[edit on 19-8-2004 by TheBandit795]

posted on Aug, 19 2004 @ 02:30 PM
link   
I would never trample on anyone's belief system intentionally, but I do respectfully disagree. Murder convictions have been won on much less circumstantial evidence than that of the origin of the UFO phenomenon.

I personally have given this alot of thought and being a Christian I firmly believe we are created in the image of God. We are also the only race mentioned as being in that image, which makes us unique. Think about this (for those of you who believe in a 'higher' power).

If you were an intelligent race in the universe, and you, in your interstellar travels or through the revelations of your prophets or whatever you hold as religious beliefs, you came across a race made in the image of your higher being, would you not be very curious about this race? Perhaps even to the point of interacting with the race or attempting to experiment on it to find out if you could , through advanced genetics and such, advance your own race toward such a lofty goal as becoming like your god?

Of course, another side of that is that there is a sect that believe in the ancient culture of Atlantis, the society was so advanced that they actually had interstellar travel and ultra advanced genetics in which the races known as the Greys and the Reptoids/Reptilians are in fact creations of the hand of man. After the disaster that befell Earth and destroyed the culture, these two races, along with the ancient colonies of man, went on surviving and now, in modern times, they have chosen for whatever reasons to begin interacting once again with the descendants of their parent race.

Just random thoughts, your mileage may vary.

posted on Aug, 19 2004 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheBandit795

As for the UFO phenomena. Nothing suggests to me that these things are of extra terrestrial origin. Most of the sightings began towards the end of WWII and have increased exponentially since then.

WRONG!!!

There were UFO pictures in the 20's and 30's and there were ufo sightings for as long as man can remember. In fact, the first picture ever taken of a flying saucer was in 1883 by astronomer Jose Bonilla.

www.ufoartwork.com...

[edit on 19-8-2004 by TheBandit795]

Thanks for the link! I'd never seen those before, pretty cool stuff

posted on Aug, 19 2004 @ 04:36 PM
link   

(...)
There was an old toy in the 80's that consisted of a small magnetized spinning top, a small magnetic platform and a small concave plastic tray. The idea was to make the platform level with the earth's gravitational pull (not it's magnetic field), and to then place the concave platic tray on top of the platform. You would then spin the top within the tray and... if you had aligned the platform properly, then you could lift the tray and pull it out from underneath the spinning top and.... MAGIC!... the top would sit there spinning in thin air. Magnetism and gyroscopes people. That's all a UFO needs. With a strong enough power source and computers fast enough to navigate such a thing... then these guys could easily be COMPLETELY terrestrial.
(...)

Well, OK, this is what science is trying to do now. Fly on gravity. But you know, so far it is still a dream. You mention the "strong enough power source" but it is a sad reality that we don't have it yet...

I also find it strage that the craft themselves have seemed to improve over the past 5 decades. They get faster, smarter, more agile and their numbers increase every year. Isn't it strange that they seem to be progressing around the same rate that humans are? The only reason I can think of that anyone would keep such technology a secret for so long is... the power source. Maybe all this time they've had a power source that was clean and abundant... perhaps even infinite. Oil comes up in conversation almost constantly these days. What better way to control the masses than to control the power source at the heart of a civilization's technological foundation? If we all knew of such an energy source... we could all truly be free of our governments... That just won't do, now will it?
(...)

Agreed. On the last sentence. It won't do. That's OK, but even if our crafts are getting better and better, they are still very far from doing the manoeuvers recorded for some UFOs. It is as flat simple as that: we cannot do that. ... Yet! But so far, no. And I don't think that we can fly planes on other energies that petrol now, except on hydrogen maybe, or some other experiments. But these are still experiments. Fuel cells for cars are just only experimental yet. Not later than a few days ago, the german chancelor Gerhard Schroeder had a hell of a hard time trying to start a Mercedes A-Class, given by the manufacturer to the city of Bonn (I think) as an invitation to all to be more ecologically clean. This car just wouldn't go!

[Edit]
And just as Bandit mentioned it, there has been sightings and reports for the while recorded history. The reason why there were maybe less reports then are numerous. First, there were less people (stupid maybe, but absolutely true). Second, before man made planes and before man thus could recognize a plane, a UFO was just plainly not comparable to anything. So it was not compared. Finally, it became suddenly ridiculous to talk about UFOs just at the time planes were common. The reason for that is that obviously already then, some people were not interested in the folks being able to understand that those planes were not our planes. They decided then to make it ridicule. The governments and especially the military are interested in UFOs for far more than 57 years...
[Edit end]

Maybe some things are well from earth, and I agree with you that maybe the military are doing things that we don't even know of. OK, but there are some things that are not earthly. I recommend that you read a bit and that you open your eyes and your mind. I can accept that some UFOs are just common or human hidden things. But not everything.

[edit on 19-8-2004 by SpookyVince]

top topics

join