It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A question to everybody who has experienced sleep paralysis.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 09:48 PM
link   
reply to post by tpg65

On my side as that is how I sleep. Always as I was awakening.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 09:49 PM
link   
reply to post by tpg65

Oh yeah, never diagnosed with narcolepsy.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 10:47 PM
link   
reply to post by drfeelme

I agree it's "all in your head" figuritively speaking, but I KNOW I was coming out of my sleep and aware of my true surroundings every time I had sleep paralysis.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 11:19 PM
link   
I'm not quite sure if what I have experienced many times is full on (or at all) sleep paralysis.

I'll be having a scary dream, that will suddenly feel very realistic. at that point I am able to wake myself up. but when I wake up, my eyelids feel very heavy, I feel as though something is holding me down. It's not that I am PARALYZED so to speak, (I can still move a bit, and I haven't had the urge to scream or anything) but I'll just fall straight back into the terrifying sleep, where every time I try to wake up, I feel like a strange weight is pushing me back into it. and it's like... a tingly feeling?...
and it happens again and again until I am able to just move around a bit and shock myself out of it in my bed or turn a light on.
while in this "awakening" state, I have not experienced hallucinations or anything, the scary part is just the TERRIFIED feeling that I have in the dream, and that I have when I know that I am falling back into it. it's an odd and almost indescribable feeling.

when this happens, I am usually laying on my back.

I have not been diagnosed with any sleep disorders, or anything really. I don't like going to the doctor xD. (which is funny, because he's my next door neighbor.) xD
edit on 23-3-2012 by novemberecho because: (no reason given)

edit on 23-3-2012 by novemberecho because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 12:01 AM
link   
1: When you experienced sleep paralysis , was it before sleeping or upon wakening ?

It is upon wakening, but with that in mind, this is what woke me up from my sleep.

2: Were you always in the same position ( ie, lay on your back or on your side ) when it occured ?

For me it occurred when I was sleeping on my back.

3: Have you ever been Diagnosed as Narcoleptic ?

No, I sleep worse now than I did back then.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join